PDA

View Full Version : FS: Matted filefish (Calgary)

Delphinus
04-27-2010, 04:20 AM
Matted Filefish (Acreichthys tomentosus), aka mottled leatherjacket, about 2".

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+30+2562&pcatid=2562

Cool little fish, bought him because I really like filefish ... and to tackle the out of control aiptasia in my 40g carpet tank.

However .... he's not eating the aiptasia. Which ordinarily wouldn't be a concern to me, but in the interest of full disclosure, I think he is going after my LPS. Have not witnessed him doing anything, so can't be 100% sure, but since his introduction, my torch coral and my Acan's have been losing heads. So add with caution (or not at all) if you have LPS.

FWIW, candycane, Duncans and bubble coral are not affected. Nor are the gorgonians, clams, zoanthids or palythoas. Also the anemones (2 carpets, 2 BTA's, one in fact that is 1/2" - 3/4" in size) appear to be of no interest to him.

Eats mysis and frozen no problem. I don't know if he recognizes pellets and flake as food as the tank in question doesn't really get that on a regular basis.

Anyhow, think I paid $35 for him plus tax. Would sorta like to recover most of that, so offering up at $35 OBO.

muck
04-27-2010, 03:12 PM
$5 says he will eat all the aiptasia in the tank of whomever buys him. :lol:

ColinD
04-28-2010, 03:04 PM
Hmm, wonder if he'd touch anthelia, he'd be a fat little file fish in my tank.

Colin

des_merc
04-29-2010, 02:54 AM
Can not come for over a week. Subscribing to thread to keep track to see if you still have it.

As no one trusts anyone on here I am sure I can not ask you to hold it?

des_merc
05-03-2010, 07:40 PM
sent you a pm

looking for a pm back so we can plan which way we will travel back to red deer.

thanks