PDA

View Full Version : Edmonton Tap Water

intarsiabox
04-25-2010, 06:26 PM
I have been keeping my little reef tanks with RO/DI for a couple of years now but am now looking at setting up a 55g FOWLR tank. Is Edmonton water good enough for this? I plan on using a canister filter and perhaps a phosban reactor with Chemipure Elite if people think it is required. I was think of getting a snowflake eel and a Fu Manchu Lionfish for the tank. Any advice?

Thx

mark
04-25-2010, 07:15 PM
believe AI uses tap water (dechlorinated) for their tanks, but if you have a ro/di unit available...

Flash
04-25-2010, 07:16 PM
i have used tap water for years and i have never had any issues. i use prime... but i do notice that we have a higher PH

outacontrol
04-26-2010, 02:00 AM
I have been using Edmonton tap water dechlorinated with Prime for the last 3.5 years, first 3 years mostly just fowler with snails and hermits. Started doing some corals recently everything is doing good and I am still just using tap water.

burblecut
04-27-2010, 07:46 PM
I used to use Edmonton tap water with prime. Tap water reads about 163ppm in Morinville. Water comes from Edmonton.

intarsiabox
04-28-2010, 03:18 AM
Thanks for the replys.:biggrin: The tank will be in my daughters room on the second floor and my RO/DI unit and holding tank is in the basement. I wasn't looking forward to dragging water two stories with a touchy knee if I didn't have to. This is why I have a nano reef, only small buckets of water for weekly water changes. Does anyone think a phosban reactor is required? I'm mostly concerned about algae issues. Thx.