PDA

View Full Version : Ice Cap Reef Illumination Question...

schroedel
04-25-2010, 12:46 AM
I am in the process of upgrading my 75 to a 110 and am looking to also upgrade my lighting to 4x 110wt VHO to the Ice Cap reref Illuminations (MH T-5 combo 48").I am having trouble finding many reviews on this fixture and want some feedback before i spend that much money. Has anyone had this fixture for awile and can give me feed back? Thank fellow reef people!!

schroedel
06-03-2010, 11:59 PM
I am in the process of upgrading my 75 to a 110 and am looking to also upgrade my lighting to 4x 110wt VHO to the Ice Cap reref Illuminations (MH T-5 combo 48").I am having trouble finding many reviews on this fixture and want some feedback before i spend that much money. Has anyone had this fixture for awile and can give me feed back? Thank fellow reef people!!

Well since I could not get any responce to this light fixture I went ahead and took a chance and ity is on its way. Found a really good deal on it so I could not help myself.

Gooly001
06-04-2010, 12:10 AM
Sorry, we must have missed your post/inquiry.

We have the 6 foot version on demo at the store. Had I known about your inquiry I would've invited you to come see it in action. It is a very nice unit and very well priced for what you get.

I'm glad to hear that you go a good deal. You're sure going to like it.

BTW, what part of the world is reef world in?

Cheers,

Paul

schroedel
06-04-2010, 12:33 AM
Sorry, we must have missed your post/inquiry.

We have the 6 foot version on demo at the store. Had I known about your inquiry I would've invited you to come see it in action. It is a very nice unit and very well priced for what you get.

I'm glad to hear that you go a good deal. You're sure going to like it.

BTW, what part of the world is reef world in?

Cheers,

Paul
Thanks! I am excited to get it. The only bad thing is it is now overshadowed by the news today of my dog having bone cancer.:sad:
I did not want to say that I am in California. Thought you guys would boot me.

VFX
06-04-2010, 12:40 AM
Thanks! I am excited to get it. The only bad thing is it is now overshadowed by the news today of my dog having bone cancer.:sad:
I did not want to say that I am in California. Thought you guys would boot me.

Sorry to hear about your dog :cry:

Hope his progress is as painless as possible :sad:

Anyway, I just wanted to say that Paul & Ian at O.C. were kind enough to unwrap their demo unit for me to see. It's a very impressive unit & I'm sure you'll be more than happy with it. The LED strips are very cool indeed.

It's on my list & I almost ordered a 4ft one this week but looks like I might be upgrading to a 6ft tank (Paul maybe you'll give me a great offer on your demo unit :mrgreen:)

Oh & don't worry about being in Cali, I'm in Chilliwack and most Canreefers don't hold it against me (well not to my face at least!).

schroedel
06-04-2010, 12:49 AM
Thanks Buddy.I think I put a picture of my pups in my album. She is the brown and white one.

schroedel
06-04-2010, 12:52 AM
Sorry to hear about your dog :cry:

Hope his progress is as painless as possible :sad:

Anyway, I just wanted to say that Paul & Ian at O.C. were kind enough to unwrap their demo unit for me to see. It's a very impressive unit & I'm sure you'll be more than happy with it. The LED strips are very cool indeed.

It's on my list & I almost ordered a 4ft one this week but looks like I might be upgrading to a 6ft tank (Paul maybe you'll give me a great offer on your demo unit :mrgreen:)

Oh & don't worry about being in Cali, I'm in Chilliwack and most Canreefers don't hold it against me (well not to my face at least!).

Thanks Buddy.I think I put a picture of my pups in my album. She is the brown and white one.

Sebae again
06-04-2010, 02:10 AM
Welcome to Canreef Schroedel ! We would never boot you for being from California.Besides even if we wanted to ,we couldn't make it out of our igloos till least mid July because the snow is so darn deep!The internet is our only contact to the outside world and because of this we Canadians spend almost all of our time on Canreef which is by the way , the best reef site in the WORLD! Anyways ,looks like you picked an awesome light. I gotta go and adjust the moose antlers on my tv set as a show about duct tape is coming on and I don't want to miss it. Hopefully soon we will be able to buy one of those fancy new VCR machines to record tv shows.Can't wait till they are availabe in Canada.Bye now.

schroedel
06-05-2010, 08:08 PM
Welcome to Canreef Schroedel ! We would never boot you for being from California.Besides even if we wanted to ,we couldn't make it out of our igloos till least mid July because the snow is so darn deep!The internet is our only contact to the outside world and because of this we Canadians spend almost all of our time on Canreef which is by the way , the best reef site in the WORLD! Anyways ,looks like you picked an awesome light. I gotta go and adjust the moose antlers on my tv set as a show about duct tape is coming on and I don't want to miss it. Hopefully soon we will be able to buy one of those fancy new VCR machines to record tv shows.Can't wait till they are availabe in Canada.Bye now.
That is crazy funny!! You guys are awesome! I think I saw the duct tape show on Myth Busters.Whats snow?:razz:

schroedel
06-12-2010, 02:14 AM
Well I just arrived home and what was on my porch? My new Icecap reef illuminations! Now to go unbox it and play with it. It sure weighs a ton! 40lbs.The new tank will arrive on Monday.