PDA

View Full Version : So more isolation needed! Pocillopora now. Peppermint Shrimp!

zum14
04-22-2010, 05:49 AM
So I went to Whatcaneyedo's and got some more awesome coral from his stunning display. Not 5 mins after the pocillopora was in the tank I saw a peppermint shrimp cruising on top of it, doing his arm thing. Was concerned a bit but figured he was cleaning everything up. Woke up this morning. Ya.... not impressed. I figure there at fault for the acan and now hes almost stripped an entire piece of polyps! I did some search's and most people say they might if hungry but I only have one fish and overfeed quite a bit as my cardinal is a very picky slow eater. I cant see them being hungry. They eat aiptasia (well they did before i got my fish now they dont touch the stuff) so its not a stretch to see them eat coral polyps. Gotta build a new basket to rescue them now. Going to see about some shrimp traps or something. Id rather not go the hawkfish route but I also dont want to be having a bunch of baskets in my tank to keep corals.

bvlester
04-22-2010, 06:36 AM
you may have crabs in the tank they will eat polyps I caught one and some SPS and secured it. turn lights off and about 1 hour latter go check out your tank. or put a piece of sprimp in a glass and crab will try and get at it the shrimp will also so put it close to the rock if shrimp are in it put net over and place shrimp in pump. if crab is in the cup then remove and place in toilet and flush.

Bill

zum14
04-22-2010, 07:06 AM
Thanks, ill watch for that but i am watching my shrimp go at the pocillopora. Not for sure on the acan but there definitly to blame for the pocillopora.