PDA

View Full Version : cleaner shrimp missing?

marvinsae
04-21-2010, 09:31 PM
i just purchased 2 cleaner shrimp and acclimated them for about an hour with the drip method...however one of them died i have no idea. this isn't the first time i've had something die on me. i think it might be one particular lfs i purchase livestock from cause all the other fish and such were purchased else where n doing fine. well anyways, the second cleaner shrimp seemed to be doing find all night until i went to bed and now he's no where to be found. could it be my bristle star that ate it? it's a fancy red bristle star and he never comes out of the rocks anymore. or possibly the shrimp died due to other causes and the star just scavenged his remains?

marvinsae
04-22-2010, 12:42 AM
bump..

could it be anything else? i have 2 yellow tail damsels 2 occelaris clowns 1 blue powder, 1 diamond watchman goby and 7 astrea snails along with the fancy red brittle star.... i really want cleaner shrimp but if its the star, which would benefit my tank more, a couple of cleaner shrimps or more starfish...

Rogue951
04-22-2010, 02:53 AM
I would think it's the brittle star, or maybe u have a pistol/mantis shrimp somewhere.
Don't think those other fish would go after cleaners.

If it came to the 2 I'd take the shrimp over the star.