PDA

View Full Version : Automatic fish feeders - Vacation

burblecut
04-21-2010, 08:34 PM
Well Summer is almost here, so I should start getting some input on some auto feeders when I go on vacation. Does anybody use them? What brand? My fish have always ate frozen foods, should I start seeing if they will eat flake?

Any input and experiences would be helpfull.
Thanks.

BlueWorldAquatic
04-21-2010, 08:58 PM
we sell a lot of fish feeders.

Some work well with flake, but we find they work better with pellets.

I know Hydor has a decent product, and so does JBJ and Rena.

Ken - BWA

Albertan22
04-22-2010, 02:47 AM
When I was gone for 4 weeks last month I used an autofeeder with a mix of flakes and cyclopeze. I also had someone stop by every 3 days to feed frozen and clean the skimmer cup though. I wouldn't worry about feeding if you're gone any less than 4 days either, a couple days going hungry isn't that bad for the fish, especially if there's a pod population in the tank.

whatcaneyedo
04-22-2010, 03:55 AM
Eheim and Rena are pretty popular it seems. http://canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=56261&highlight=automatic+feeder I have an Eheim on each of my tanks for feeding pellet food.

Namnuta
04-22-2010, 09:40 PM
I love my Aquacheif

kaboom
04-22-2010, 10:56 PM
Eheim works great with pellets, not sure about flakes. I got 4 of these auto feeders running in the house. One fill is good for almost a month. Battery is good for about half year.

Snaz
04-23-2010, 02:14 AM
I advise anyone who purchases any kind of automatic feeder to run it for at least a week WHILE YOU ARE AT HOME so you know what it will do when you are away.