PDA

View Full Version : Need help on info on Sea Hare Supplementry diet

jarrid
04-20-2010, 10:12 PM
I've had a sea hare for just over a month now and he appears to be searching instead of eating, and ive also noticed that there is hardly any algae that he was originally eating left. Is there something i can give him as a supplementry diet while my algae grows back ?

no_bs
04-20-2010, 10:56 PM
Sad thing is....you must pass it on or it will perish.

DiverDude
04-20-2010, 11:33 PM
I'd get him out of my tank ASAP.

They are voracious eaters and unless you are doing something horribly wrong, your tank won't be able to keep him fed. If he dies, he can poison your tank with toxins he uses to defend himself.

If you search for 'sea hare' here on CanReef, I recall someone suggesting what to feed them if you want to keep them as you would a fish or other critter but I don't remember offhand what it was.

bvlester
04-21-2010, 05:16 AM
We use to blanch Romain lettuce it will help keep them alive but if they do not have algae they will eventually die you can soak Norri also but they don't like it to much. I would just pass him on to someone that needs him and if when he is done and you need him back then get him back. You may need 3 or 4 people to pass him around so he can stay alive.

Bill