PDA

View Full Version : Air Canada Employees ?

Buccaneer
10-24-2003, 04:25 PM
OK ... this may sound like a odd request and you may be wondering why I am posting it in the Reef section but I am looking for a fellow reefer that works for Air Canada.

Here is the challenge ...

There is a guy that sells rose anemones on ebay and he lives in San Francisco

He currently uses FedEx and sells only to Americans

If we were to use FedEx from him there is a good chance that the box could be up to 3 days getting sorted through customs etc.

Air Canada flies direct to and from San Francisco

Problem is that the shipper has to have a account with Air Canada in order to ship direct with them ( the guy in Frisco does not have a account ) ... OR he has to get a trans-shipper to put it on the plane for him ( problem with that is the anemones could be sitting in a wharehouse of the trans-shipper for who knows how long ) ... we are looking for a way so that the least amount of hands touch the box from there to here.

Soooooo ... in talking to the guy at Air Canada I asked him if he ( a employee ) would need a shipping account if it were he trying to do the shipping and he said no because he works there ... so now myself , spikeh and Tony are all looking for a rose bta and also looking for a Air Canada employee who would be willing to help us get a few rose bta's to Calgary :mrgreen:

TIA

Cheers

Buccaneer
10-25-2003, 04:15 PM
Bumpity ^ bump

Bob I
10-25-2003, 04:50 PM
This may not help, but Blaine Peron at thesea.org says he ships to the nearest place to the border. He includes all the customs forms. Perhaps we could have stuff shipped to Great Falls, and somebody drives down (or flies) and picks it up. I know that sounds very complicated, and fraught with possible screw-ups, but I offer it as a possibillity. I too, would like a Rose BTA.
:biggrin:

spikehs
10-25-2003, 09:05 PM
what kind of requirements do you need to have an account with air canada? do you know how much it is? What we COULD do if the account isn't expensive to get is this: my Dad, brother, and I have a small company for web/finance projects so we could set up an account, and "hire" the guy in San Franciso so he can then use our account to ship the roses to us! If that fails we could try bribing one of those employee's you were talking to... I can get VERY cheap liqour from a friend.. Just a few ideas to throw around :mrgreen:

Buccaneer
10-25-2003, 09:14 PM
I can get VERY cheap liqour from a friend.. :mrgreen:

:drinking: :rofl:

spikehs
10-26-2003, 04:09 PM
I called Air Canada and are finding out if it is possible to set up a shipping account through out business. I have the # to call, but not sure if anyone will be there today. I'll let you all know how it turns out.

spikehs
10-26-2003, 09:06 PM
well, got the application form faxed to me, its not going to cost anything but they need a bunch of bank references and what not, so we probably could do it this way, but if there is another way it might be a bit easier...