PDA

View Full Version : Blue Planet on Discovery channel

Mak
03-11-2002, 10:39 PM
Hey everybody!, this is the BEST ;) show ever on our Oceans!. It's on this month, and if anybody was lucky enough to see the 4 part series a couple of months ago you know what I'm talking about. Its on tonite ch.42 shaw. Do not miss this show!!! :D

Mak
03-11-2002, 10:41 PM
Oh yeah don't forget to record these shows, I did!!! ;)

One_Divided
03-11-2002, 11:20 PM
cool. thanks for letting us know. I always managed to miss these things.. people always ask me "did you see that show on corals and stuff the other night?". I just don't whatch tv anymore.

Mak
04-24-2002, 07:10 AM
Actually here's the second part of series Blue Planet (http://dsc.discovery.com/tuneins/blueplanet.html) it starts May 5 and even has a full show on Corals ;)

[ 24 April 2002, 03:11: Message edited by: TRIGGER_HAPPY ]

Mak
05-03-2002, 11:04 PM
^BUMP^ This Sunday from 7pm-11pm I believe.

Mak
05-05-2002, 07:15 PM
Sorry people :( , it looks like this is airing on the American Discovery channel tonight only... If you have American like me it also starts at 4pm and then repeats at 8pm, and the first part is playing now I checked the listings. Keep an eye out, it will probably be played next month on are apparently $hity Can. Discovery channel...HE He he

Delphinus
05-05-2002, 07:24 PM
Actually I enjoy our Canadian Discovery far better than anytime I find myself in the States and watching U.S. Discovery Channel. I think ours is a far superior product. Of course I'm biased; plus, I grew up listening to Jay Ingram on Quirks&Quarks on CBC.

Oh well, OUR channel will show Blue Planet again, sooner or later ... maybe send 'em an email and ask for it and that will help speed things along :D

Mak
05-05-2002, 07:37 PM
Delphinus I was JUST KIDDING, I love our Discovery channel tongue.gif , I was just refering to them not playing Blue Planet tonite :(

Mak
05-05-2002, 07:41 PM
Oh yeah and by the way Delphinus, the channels air almost the exact same shows if not exactly the same the just air them at different times, I know because I've had both the American and Canadian channels for over a year :D

Delphinus
05-06-2002, 01:14 AM
Glad to hear it Trig ;) As for the programming being very similar, I know ... I can't put my finger on it but I just find the Canadian channel to be a bit more .... well, Canadian. (And I mean that in a good way!)

I think, though, that maybe a part of why I like ours better is that the U.S. has had Animal Planet longer than we have had it; and more of the shows that are more my cup of tea are on Animal Planet down there instead; whereas they are still on Discovery up here. Now that we have Animal Planet though, I don't know if the same will happen up here. I think I pay my cable company too much as it is, I'm not ready to make that leap to digital cable just yet. Dang, why does everything cost more and more and more these days? No fair!!!

PS. I WAS serious with my suggestion that we email Discovery.ca and ask them to air Blue Planet again. Why not? It can't hurt -- and maybe they'll listen! :D

Mak
05-06-2002, 08:04 AM
D, don't worry they will air both parts this month or next month guaranteed ;) . The only reason ours seems more "Canadian" is because of that show Discovery.ca (J/K). BTW i watched these shows and they are nothing short of spectacular to say the least, It's way past bedtime so if you want to know more about the shows i'll leave a post tommorow if you or anyone would like :D

djbravoleader
05-06-2002, 11:06 AM
You could always buy the DVD's like me smile.gif I'm not sure when this new part comes out on DVD but I do know i will be looking for it, the other DVD's of Blue Planet are GREAT!!

Delphinus
05-06-2002, 02:32 PM
Trigger_Happy: I'm gonna count on you to watch for the show and announce it on here when they're on again, 'k?

DJBravoLeader: Where'dja get yours from? I'm kind of tempted to order the DVDs from Amazon. They say parts 3&4 are due to be released May 7, BTW...

Mak
05-06-2002, 08:31 PM
Okay D, but i'm not going to announce it until I see it in the TV guide or something (thx Achilles). By the way how much was amazon selling the video's for?
Dis. ch. is 29.95 vhs and 39.95 dvd.
By the way they had a macro shot the size of the TV of a phytoplakton, it's a little green slime ball :D and a mass spawning of the reef...COOOOL!!!

Mak
05-06-2002, 08:59 PM
Okay people I was just on Discovery.ca and there is no Blue Planet in there line up as far as Aug.5 (thats the farthest it would go), I seen a preview for that show on Tsunami's on the American Dis., and it is premiering tonite on the Am. and Can. channels, what the hell is this some kind of prank on us Canadians!!! Well if it's any consulation (Bob is that right? :rolleyes: ) I did find this, "Austrailia's Marine: Reef Warriors" starts Thurs May 23 at 8pm ch.42 and repeats a few times (haha don't quote me on this). Well hopefully this one let's me get one paw outta the dog house :( .

[ 06 May 2002, 20:15: Message edited by: TRIGGER_HAPPY ]

Delphinus
05-06-2002, 09:52 PM
Who says you're in the doghouse??? You're not, don't worry about it man! (What, no ESP??? ;) )

Amazon was selling DVD's 1 & 2 together for $30 (well, $29.95 or something like that ... US dollars though :( ), as well as disks 3 & 4 also for $30. Looks like each DVD has two episodes. According to Amazon disks 3 & 4 are being released tomorrow (May 7).

Mak
05-07-2002, 02:12 AM
Sorry D, I'm a :eek: smart a$$ :eek: i was just kidding there... it sounded pretty cool :cool: though.

PS: I wish we had that little sad blue guy from RC that hop's off then comes back a little sad like he needs forgivness... HE He he that guys cool