PDA

View Full Version : Campfire Zoanthids

alyminny
04-17-2010, 04:08 AM
Anybody knows anything about Campfire Zoanthids?

Flash
04-17-2010, 04:16 AM
looking to buy? looking to sell?? or do you just want to know about them?

ScubaSteve
04-17-2010, 04:18 AM
I believe they're actually a palythoa, not a zoanthid... not that it really matters. What matters is that they're pretty awesome. Take a look:

Campfire Palythoa (http://zoaid.com/index.php?module=Gallery2&g2_itemId=9667)

What do you want to know about 'em? I'll tell you everything you want to know and whisper sweet nothings to you if you send me a frag!

alyminny
04-17-2010, 04:21 AM
I have them and I did not know their name until 10 minutes ago...must be pretty new name. I bought them a few months back from US and I knew that they are new on the market but without name...

ScubaSteve
04-17-2010, 04:31 AM
Good find. Nice looking paly's. The only thing I can really tell you about them that you probably don't already know is that you can likely feed them small pieces of meaty food (brine shrimp, mysis and cyclop-eez) and they'll growlike mad. They'll probably grab the food right from ya.

And when they do grow like mad... send some this way (hint, hint, nudge, nudge)

Bloodasp
04-17-2010, 04:36 AM
you'll have to send some this way so I can do some study on their behaviour and whatever else i can find out. :mrgreen:

alyminny
04-17-2010, 04:38 AM
They grow pretty decent for me and they are very hardy. Polyps are quite large, maybe the size of a quarter or larger and growing well under both PC and MH. Actually I have some frags already made as they overgrown the initial tile.

Good find. Nice looking paly's. The only thing I can really tell you about them that you probably don't already know is that you can likely feed them small pieces of meaty food (brine shrimp, mysis and cyclop-eez) and they'll growlike mad. They'll probably grab the food right from ya.

And when they do grow like mad... send some this way (hint, hint, nudge, nudge)

The Grizz
04-17-2010, 04:45 AM
WOW these are a very sweet color, would love some of these as well.

no_bs
04-17-2010, 04:50 AM
Yes, they would make a lovley addition to the colection.:lol:

alyminny
04-17-2010, 04:59 AM
I paid for 2 polyps $100 a few months back and I see that they still go on the net for same price. As they are growing very fast for me I can sell some of them for less, with $30 per polyp. If anybody wants...you guys from the same area can group together for one overnight shipment. Any thoughts?

noirsphynx
04-17-2010, 01:57 PM
Wow, those are NICE!! I'd love to have those in my collection!! I had Simpson's Donut's a little while back that never had a name and I couldn't find them anywhere on-line until someone recently named them on zoaid.

alyminny
04-17-2010, 02:27 PM
First picture is mine under 150W 20K MH and second one from the net but closer look to reality. Gorgeous ones :wink: !!

noirsphynx
04-17-2010, 02:45 PM
First picture is mine under 150W 20K MH and second one from the net but closer look to reality. Gorgeous ones :wink: !!

So sparkly. Once they grow more I would definitely be interested in buying some.

alyminny
04-17-2010, 02:51 PM
A I stated before they grow extremely good for me so I have already some frags made and fully healed. Actually first picture is one frag with 3 matyre polyps. Market is $50 pp and I can sell them for less $30 pp. Let me know. Cheers