PDA

View Full Version : who makes baffles?

foreverfortune
04-16-2010, 08:55 AM
hi anyone know where in the lowermainland i can get baffles made and possibly glued for my sump??
i just got my new skimmer and im trying to put in some baffles to maintain a certain height for my skimmer but the task seems more than i can handle cause i dont have the proper tools.
yesterday i spent hours trying to dismantle a 15g tank for the glass, but when cutting it by scoring it multiple times with a glass cutter and snapping it. i get a corner that didnt break on my score line and instead added a small chunk. tried breaking it off slowly by clamping it down and tried chisleing it only to have it break lol.
so i gave up and today decided to give it a try with plexiglass thinking it would be easier lol.
same thing happened and i spent hours trying to shave off a few mm and now gave up lol. i only have a dremel and drill lol.
currently all my equipment is offline cause my sump is out and only have my 2 vortechs running in my DT.
so now im looking for a place to either do it for me or atleast to cut the peices for me asap.
any suggestions ?? thanks

mark
04-16-2010, 01:47 PM
for mine, just looked in the yellow pages for a glass shop close by

monocus
04-16-2010, 06:14 PM
don't use plex glass-use arcrylic-theres a arcrylic shop over on boundry by parker in burnaby-they will cut it to size for you-then silicone it to your glass 1 inch apart

SeaHorse_Fanatic
04-16-2010, 07:44 PM
PM sent.

hillegom
04-16-2010, 08:05 PM
If you do not need it cut right away, I could help you cut glass in 11 days.
Out of town right now.
I am another one of those, that cannot stay off of this forum

foreverfortune
04-16-2010, 09:27 PM
thanks guys for the replies, and thanks seahorsefanatic, midknight for your offers i would have brought it to you if i had gotten your pms earlier.
i set out to find the shop that monocus suggested this morning i dont think i found the right place but nonetheless i did find a shop that custom cut acrylic to size in the vacinity but they didnt glue for me. im just happy i got the peices cut and it costed me even less then the peice i got from home depot.
now my task at hand is to get them glued and reassemble all my equipment. thanks again for the help.

golf nut
04-16-2010, 09:52 PM
don't use plex glass-use arcrylic-theres a arcrylic shop over on boundry by parker in burnaby-they will cut it to size for you-then silicone it to your glass 1 inch apart

Plexi-glass is acrylic.