PDA

View Full Version : RARE dwarf seahorses - Mississauga/Toronto ON

zenafish
04-15-2010, 02:04 PM
Spring is in the air!

My dwarf seahorses have been busy doing the mating dance and are getting crowded in my tank. While keeping my babies for growing out, I'm offering some of my original wild caught adults for sale. These guys were imported with CITES documentation and have gone through the full quarantine and deworm process. Very healthy and lively. Full grown at 1.5", these guys are RARE little treasures...almost impossible to find in Canada!

Dwarf seahorses (Hippocampus Zosterae) do well in their own nano system of 5-12 gallons. 1 seahorse per gallon is a good rule of thumb. They do well in a small colony. They need daily feedings of live baby brine shrimp, either newly hatched or enriched. Very prolific and fry are benthic (hitches right from birth) and eats the same food as the adults. Relatively hardy and easy to keep once you have the basics right. They've even been compared to guppies by one breeder some years back...if it's not for the BBS requirement, they might well just be the best beginner seahorses to have.

If you want more info and/or tips on care, just email me.

Only the white ones are for sale. Price is $25 each. Will ship anywhere in Canada with an overnight Courier service at buyer's cost.

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg50/zenafish/IMG_0961.jpg

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg50/zenafish/IMG_0989.jpg

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg50/zenafish/IMG_0983.jpg

zuzes20011
04-16-2010, 06:08 AM
just woundering if you new what shiping to edmonton would cost thanks

SeaHorse_Fanatic
04-16-2010, 07:22 AM
How much to ship to Burnaby, BC please.

Doo
04-16-2010, 01:48 PM
sent you a PM yesterday - I see another edmonton member interested...

BlueWorldAquatic
04-16-2010, 02:17 PM
I will be bringing in a few for another customer of mine in Edmonton, anyone in the local area interested, please post here.

I will not increase the price, but just add a few dollars for shipping costs.

Ken - BWA

zenafish
04-16-2010, 02:33 PM
Thx Ken for the help. This will save each of you lucky Edmonton ppl quite a few bucks in shipping.

I have 16 left available, not yet confirmed (Ken, yours are confirmed). First ones PM/email me asking for my paypal address for payment hold their spot and number of horses.

For outside of Edmonton, I will ship door-to-door via FedEx Priority Courier. You can look up shipping cost using your postal code and mine L5J 4R3. For now use 15x13x12 box, 10 lb for estimate. If I find a smaller box you pay exact shipping cost.

BlueWorldAquatic
04-16-2010, 02:37 PM
We can also arrange cross shipping from my location in Edmonton. The couriors like to charge a bit more when they have to go across a few more provinces.

I know I sent purolator to Kelowna, and it cost only $40 next day before 10:30 am (cheapest, others wanted $70+), so if you are in the west we can save you a bit also.

We all hat shipping costs, that is why I'll help out any way I can.

Please note, I am helping in the shipping of these seahorses, in no way am I or BWA are connected in the sale of them.

Ken

SeaHorse_Fanatic
04-16-2010, 05:27 PM
Ken,

Could you calculate how much it would cost total to get say 6-8 shipped to me in Burnaby through you? Or would it be cheaper to send straight? FedEx site tells me its $75 for first Overnight from ON.

Thanks,

Anthony

BlueWorldAquatic
04-17-2010, 02:55 AM
Ken,

Could you calculate how much it would cost total to get say 6-8 shipped to me in Burnaby through you? Or would it be cheaper to send straight? FedEx site tells me its $75 for first Overnight from ON.

Thanks,

Anthony

Anthony,

UPS Express - *Future Day Pickup 35.25 CAD
Fuel Surcharge 3.17 CAD
Shipment Total: 38.42 CAD

At the most.

Ken

fsjman
04-17-2010, 05:28 AM
PM'd

BC Mosaic
04-17-2010, 06:25 AM
Just Loverly. Hmmm :idea:
In the first photo what are they all hitchin' to?

darren
04-17-2010, 03:11 PM
Any idea what shipping would be like to Charlottetown PE?

zenafish
04-18-2010, 02:50 AM
All pending sold for new...

Canreef people as follows:

Doo (pending)
AHHope (pending)
Blue Water Aquatics (confirmed)

Above will be shipping to Ken at Blue Water Aquatics to be picked up. If I'm mistaken please let me know.

fsjman (confirmed) - ship direct

JSTR (confirmed) - pick up

Will schedule shipping as soon as all payment received.

Thanks for your interest.

Zena.

satrap
03-22-2011, 06:41 AM
i'm in toronto as well, send me a an address or something if u still have more available. i'd love to buy a couple.

kim_muzzi
06-29-2011, 06:38 PM
Do you still have seahorses available?

Bubbleshanno
07-13-2011, 01:44 AM
I was wondering if you would consider letting my drive to you location to pick some dwarves up. I live in Cambridge and I would be willing to make the drive out to you which saves the hassle of shipping them only an hour away! Let me know!

rayjay
07-13-2011, 05:07 AM
Zena is temporarily out of the seahorse hobby until after she gets moved and set up again.
I will have a shipment coming in from seahorsecorral.com hopefully in late August /early September if the cites paper work clears in time.
I have only six fry at the moment from dwarfs I bought from Zena but hopefully as they get used to my conditions they may become more prolific.

BCTugboat
03-08-2018, 06:32 PM
Just here checking if anyone still has little ponies in Canada! Maybe someone who bought them before and still has some breeding? I'm in Surrey, BC