PDA

View Full Version : Catching fish

klee888
04-13-2010, 04:37 PM
Hi everyone, recently lost a fish to crush injuries... I was trying to catch another fish when I accidentally hit a rock that caused a cave in. Is there a easy way to catch fish so I wont do this again?

Wingin It
04-13-2010, 04:42 PM
a fish trap...there are several examples on youtube.com of how to easily make them. I've made them before and they certainly work for those hard to catch fish!

Bugsy
04-13-2010, 09:30 PM
Another great way is to turn out all lights even in the room, use a small flashlight just enough to see them. I have done this several times and it works well for me plus its less stress on the fish too.

:mrgreen:

BlueWorldAquatic
04-13-2010, 10:04 PM
Another great way is to turn out all lights even in the room, use a small flashlight just enough to see them. I have done this several times and it works well for me plus its less stress on the fish too.

:mrgreen:

+1

Works for me all the time.

Ken

Black Phantom
04-14-2010, 03:03 AM
My way is a bit different but it works well when you have a large tank full of rock and coral.
Take a piece of clear lexan that is just about the width of your tank and lower it into the water.
With your net start to herd the fish of choice towards the clear lexan.
When he hits it get ready to scoop.
I know it sounds funny but the fish can't see it when it's submerged and they are usually so stunned they just sit there for a while trying to figure it out.
I've caught a bunch of my fish this way when moving to different tanks.
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

klee888
04-14-2010, 05:11 AM
Hi everyone, thanks for your suggestions. However, some good news the little guy survived and is okay.