PDA

View Full Version : price difference?

mycat99
04-12-2010, 12:30 AM
i was out shopping with my wife today looking for a foxface for our tank .while my wife was looking at a new tank i saw a foxface but no price on tank .asked person working in back for price and was told its just over 100.00.said no thanks and walked away .about 10 min later as i was standing in line to pay for purchaces my wife runs over to me with foxface in bag .the new price was just over 40.00 .needless to say i got alittle mad and ask see manager to ask why difference .no one would say who it was .i had just spend almost 1500.00 bucks there so asked for full return .i will never go back

golf nut
04-12-2010, 01:09 AM
Huh?

Not sure what you mean?

globaldesigns
04-12-2010, 01:09 AM
HMMMM, that isn't good.

Foxface's are never worth $100 bucks, $40 bucks is what I paid for mine. They did try to rip you off. May I ask where? you should let us all know.

Personally I only shop at the following, please tell me it isn't one of them:
- Gold's
- Red Coral
- Ocean City (sometimes)
- Wai's (sometimes)

mycat99
04-12-2010, 01:19 AM
the fish was a silver/metallic foxface .if i had bought it it was 109.00 but 10 mim later when wife asked for it from different store member it was 49.00.they didnt know we where togther in store.the store is in calgary with a large shark tank in back is all ill say on who

globaldesigns
04-12-2010, 01:24 AM
the fish was a silver/metallic foxface .if i had bought it it was 109.00 but 10 mim later when wife asked for it from different store member it was 49.00.they didnt know we where togther in store.the store is in calgary with a large shark tank in back is all ill say on who

HEHE, I know where, as most do know.

Is it a Magnificent? If so, large ones can be about that price. Small ones can be $70-$80. So either way if it is this one, you would of got a real good deal @ $40

staceyd72
04-12-2010, 01:27 AM
I see your point, I had a similar experience with regards to certain corals. The price for me was $150, for a friend who shops there weekly it was $80. Even though this company has some beautiful corals and fish, I don't shop there anymore, neither does my friend.

But if the Foxface in question was a Siganus magnificus, then maybe $80-100, but a Siganus unimaculatus should not be more than $40. I've purchased both in the past three months, only to succumb to my Powder Blue.

globaldesigns
04-12-2010, 01:30 AM
What! Your Powder Blue took them out, I didn't know that would happen. Powder Blues are usually passive.

staceyd72
04-12-2010, 02:29 AM
What! Your Powder Blue took them out, I didn't know that would happen. Powder Blues are usually passive.

Yes, the Magnificent lasted three days, while the Blotched/ One-spot lasted one day, both were larger than him. In total this PBT has wiped out four fish, Yellow Tang, Regal and two Foxfaces. I had to remove a Nasso, and another Regal for their own safety. He also pins my Majestic in a corner on a daily basis.

IMO, if anyone is planning on getting one, make sure it’s the last one in, and if there are other tangs make sure they are larger and a little aggressive, this guy will become the boss in a day or so.

If you did buy the Foxface, $40 for a Magnificent would have been a sweet deal.

DiverDude
04-12-2010, 04:40 AM
i was out shopping with my wife today looking for a foxface for our tank .while my wife was looking at a new tank i saw a foxface but no price on tank .asked person working in back for price and was told its just over 100.00.said no thanks and walked away .about 10 min later as i was standing in line to pay for purchaces my wife runs over to me with foxface in bag .the new price was just over 40.00 .needless to say i got alittle mad and ask see manager to ask why difference .no one would say who it was .i had just spend almost 1500.00 bucks there so asked for full return .i will never go back

I dunno if I'd assume the mixup was deliberate. That's not the kind of ruse rand-and-file floor staff are likely to pull -a manager or owner perhaps, but not likely a "I get paid by the hour" floor jockey.

I am by no means defending them on this. It was sloppy business at best but it seems unlikely they had a plan. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if the person hadn't even realized which fish you were talking about; it's just that kind of place.

BCOrchidGuy
04-12-2010, 04:08 PM
Could have been that the first person didn't know or assumed it was the expensive one OR the second person didn't know that it was the expensive one. Either way it would be nice if prices were marked on tanks so we all know whats going on. Nothing worse than seeing a sign on a tank sps frags 19.99 and you pick one out only to find out that's the 99.99 one.

Doug

Wingin It
04-12-2010, 04:44 PM
ALL stores should mark the prices on the tanks! I hate asking constantly, "how much is this one?" A lot of the time price will dictate whether or not i'm getting that particular item at that particular time. I can't say i've bought any SW fish or corals from that particular place b4, mostly 'cause they're so darned expensive compared to other places.

BlueWorldAquatic
04-12-2010, 04:58 PM
I know we are in the practice of marking each tank individually. Helps finding fish in the store easier.

Makes it easy to look for that hideror snad dweller, and know if he's there or not (ie.pistol shrimp). If its written on the tank, it's there.

Guarenteed the Magnificent was what the employee assumed, foxfaces should be no more than $40 for a regular sized, a few bucks more for a larger one.

Ken - BWA