PDA

View Full Version : AquaIllumination LED Light System

HL649
04-11-2010, 07:42 PM
I am looking for a new light for my tank. I am leaning toward getting a 48" AquaIllumination LED system. Does anyone here have one or any information on them? I'd hate to spend that much and get a lemon.

Thanks.
Howard

Ron99
04-11-2010, 07:58 PM
Pricey but pretty good systems. If you are at all handy you can DIY for half the cost. I just did one for my 75 gallon.

dnpbryan
04-11-2010, 08:25 PM
Do you have a layout for your design? and what can you keep under led?

HL649
04-11-2010, 09:19 PM
I will be putting it on a 75. The website leads me to believe that the output can vary up to the equivalent of 400W. That means I can pretty much tune the lighting for any type of life.

OceanicCorals-Ian-
04-11-2010, 09:20 PM
I am looking for a new light for my tank. I am leaning toward getting a 48" AquaIllumination LED system. Does anyone here have one or any information on them? I'd hate to spend that much and get a lemon.

Thanks.
Howard

I might be slightly biased because we sell the Aqua illumination lights; however, the build quality and modular design is second to none. The nicest tank lighting I have ever seen was using the AI unit. I will be selling my Powermodule T5 unit at home and getting one of these sometime in the next couple of months.

Palytoxinhallucinations
04-11-2010, 11:45 PM
i recently bought one from OC should be here anytime during the next couple weeks i will let you guys know how it stacks up against the t5s it is replacing, i did a fair bit of research on the led systems and was ready to diy a fixture but the slick controller (and my laziness) sold me on this one. very excited to get this over my tank ian i want a phone call the second it comes in haha!

TRS
04-12-2010, 12:00 AM
The Reef Shoppe has a couple of these Aqua Illumination fixtures on order too. There is a long lead time for each build not to mention price, so we hope they are well worth the wait. The best part is that we can use our GHL ProfiLux controllers on them. :mrgreen:

Ron99
04-12-2010, 03:19 AM
My build thread is here if you want to check it out:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=62307

I have well over 500 PAR near the top of the tank and close to 300 at the bottom so could theoretically keep anything.

The AI units will perform just as well if not a bit better as they have the newest Cree XP-G white emitters that have a bit more output than the XR-E ones I used. If I had the budget and wanted to just buy a fixture the AI would be my choice. Just couldn't afford those prices for a 4 footer so went DIY.