PDA

View Full Version : Lettuce Nudibranch

Wingin It
04-11-2010, 02:25 PM
I bought a Lettuce Nudibranch the other day, he's a really cool little guy(1.5-2") but when I put him in he headed straight for the glass and climbed straight to the top and that's where he's hanging out. My question is this...

Should I take him down and show him the rock? Or just leave him be?

whatcaneyedo
04-11-2010, 06:02 PM
Maybe take it down and show to the algae you expect it to eat. I tried one last year when I had about one half a square foot of bryopsis hair algae throughout my tank. Yet it still shrunk and disappeared after one month because it seemingly couldnt locate the patches. I wont buy one ever again but good luck with yours.

There is some information on this page and in the related messages near the bottom.
http://www.seaslugforum.net/factsheet/elyscris

Wingin It
04-11-2010, 11:29 PM
When I got home this evening, I checked on the nudibranch...and it finally made it's way down to the rocks and is roaming around. I do hope it lives...cause it is certainly a cool sea slug!

Thanks for the website! i appreciate the help! My fingers are crossed that my slug finds the algae patches! lol

Keri
04-12-2010, 01:52 AM
I had one in a tank basically dedicated to algae for about a month, it was shrinking so I returned it. I never did see it eating anything. I was really pretty tho.

Mine hung out near the top mostly as well - I believe they are partially photosynthetic? I only had PC lights on that tank (for the algae) but I don't think it was enough for him.