PDA

View Full Version : I need help tooo

dillia31
04-10-2010, 01:57 AM
my cin clown has not eaten any thing since easter sunday. She had a long white very stringy poo on sunday. She was swimming funny,and lays most of the time on her side breathing heavy , i moved her into a 10g hex quaratine tank for a couple days,when i approach the tank she rightens up,i put her back in the main tank(prob stupid i know) She didnt eat any thing yet, and no signs of ick or velvet, laying on her side breathing heavy, every one else in all the tanks are ok, even in her tank,
-her and mate , small dwarf lion fish, little cleaner goby
could she be constipated or just stress, we have a very active house, since feb people always around the tank,
could she have gotton stung by the lion fish
(?????dont think a fresh water dip might be good???? or could it
any help pls
45g
fish only tank

freddy
04-10-2010, 02:46 AM
I just looked up clownfish diseases and the first sighn of brookynella is white stringy feces, it said to quarentine and use formalin baths,look up brookynella or clownfish disease on the internet it will tell you what to do..

The Grizz
04-10-2010, 04:41 AM
I just looked up clownfish diseases and the first sighn of brookynella is white stringy feces, it said to quarentine and use formalin baths,look up brookynella or clownfish disease on the internet it will tell you what to do..

+1 on this. Sounds like this might be the answer to your question.

bvlester
04-10-2010, 05:57 AM
Do a more in depth search on brookynella deceases use this link. I do not think it Brook its taken too long Brook usually kills in 24 to 36 hrs.
http://saltaquarium.about.com/od/ichparasiticdiseases/a/aabrooklynella.htm
I will post more links as I find them.
heres is some information from Dr. Aqua

Clownfish Disease
Clownfish Disease is a serious malady affecting Clownfish or sea horses, and other kinds of marine fish.Various species of Clownfish are particularly susceptible to infection from this parasite. The disease is caused by a small ciliated protozoan invisible to the naked eye. It is a parasite of the gills and skin, and unlike the other protozoan discussed, the life cycle is simple, with the parasite reproducing by cell division. As a result the parasite multiplies rapidly on affected fish, causing mortalities in a short period of time. Affected fish develop body lesions, excessive slime secretion, and increased respiration. In the early stages of the disease all that is noticed is an abnormal paleness of color and a rapid breathing rate. As the disease worsens, lesions will be observed on the body, with sloughing of the skin and mucus. The development of a secondary infection with bacteria often accompanies infestation with the parasite. Clownfish Disease is capable of killing fish within 24 to 36 hours after appearance of the signs of scratching and heavy respiration. Prompt treatment must be instituted if the disease is suspected. The parasite is sensitive to various medications, which can be purchased under various trade names. It is recommended that the fish with Clownfish Disease be treated with medications that contain formalin or malachite green. Medications containing copper should be avoided, as the disease is not readily controlled by copper based chemicals.

Bill

PuffLuv
04-10-2010, 07:05 AM
If it is brook, I wish you and your fish the best outcome, because it is a very nasty parasite that requires prompt treatment. You should notice the mucous coating appear thick and opaque on the clown. A quarantine tank (all fish) with formalin (37% I believe), an air pump, and discretionary FW dips would be my treatment of choice for brook. You would then have to let the display tank go without fish (fallow) for 8 weeks to let the remaining parasites die from a lack of host.

I can't comment on the possible lionfish sting, as I haven't experienced that before, however, the white stringy feces and lack of appetite could also suggest an internal parasite. If that is the case, prazipro could be administered (okay to use in your display tank) or fed with metronidazole and garlic.

If you don't have an air pump already installed in your quarantine pump, I would add one to aid breathing of the clown, regardless of the cause. A freshwater dip (match the ph & temp of the quarantine) could also help remove parasites and give it some breathing room, however, in my experience, they can be very stressful to an already stressed-out fish

Good Luck!

dillia31
04-10-2010, 05:24 PM
thanks every one for the info,
been looking it up and re-searching
She doesnt seem to have any coating or spots on her.
She not rubbing on the rock or any thing
the tank has two filters and an air stone one filter is a
fluval 403
and the other filter is one of those black ones with double filter system
the hang on type
and a large long air stone
hmmmmm stupid thinking now think i just duck up
i didnt really clean the 403 out when i bought it, used it as is,
the carbon and amonia stuff look new so i rinsed them off and used it
the filter could have brought something in, now to think of it
the tank had been cloudy for a week before it cleared up,
that was about a month ago