PDA

View Full Version : aiptasia and pisces

Aleks
04-09-2010, 02:26 AM
I was in their new location for the first time this past few days, mostly to look at some snails and crabs. I left empty handed because I wasn't sure how I felt about their tanks, it appears as though they are deliberately propagating aiptasia, which I suppose for people who want it its good, but I couldn't believe the size of these things in the tanks.....and in all of them basically.....Are these not as much of a pest as most people think to avoid, or is it a matter of taste?

BlueWorldAquatic
04-09-2010, 02:31 AM
Aptasia = Bad

I know we are propagating them for in store usage. To cuture Berghia, and for our aptaisia eating livestock (pepermint shrimp, copperbands, tilefish).

Without it, all the berghia will starve, and the worst thing a customer wants is a pepermint shrip that won't pick at aptasia.

But we do this in the back room, or tanks that have no livestock.

Ken - BWA

Coleus
04-09-2010, 03:02 AM
you post will get delete soon. Mine got deleted because i had bad words for pisces

chris121277
04-09-2010, 01:59 PM
I was in there last week end as well....and wow your right that one tank that said it had venomous species in it had the biggest aptasia's I have ever seen.....there was one in there like 6" tall and 3" wide.

I also left empty handed as I didn't think any of the live stock looked healthy

How ever I was impressed with the amount of salt water equipment they had in stock.