PDA

View Full Version : Group order - Neptune's Cove. Order Complete...All went well!

cdp
04-08-2010, 09:15 PM
See my update on the last page of this thread

Hey everyone,

So we are now ordering from Neptune's Cove. The price lists are attached to my post on page 3 of this thread. Please read my post and the one before it from Saltynuts to get the details. If you're interested in being part of the order post to the thread, fill in the pricelist excel sheet with your quantities, and PM it back to me. Ideally I would like to place the order by the end of this week so we can be sure we get what we all want! Remember to keep in mind the restrictions on what can be imported (look at the two posts I mentioned earlier).

ScubaSteve
04-08-2010, 09:21 PM
You will want to check if they actually can send them the BC as they are in Utah. They need a CITES. But if they do...

Count me in... I'll probably be around $50 to $100.

The other place to check that has badass zoas is Neptunes Cove (http://neptunescove.net/Zoas_page.php). They have great prices and I can give you a price list frmo Novemeber. They will provide you with an update price list and let you know if they can ship to Canada.

ScubaSteve
04-08-2010, 09:23 PM
Oh... and those prices are a little steep. $25 and up for 2 to 3 polyps... ouch.

cdp
04-08-2010, 10:45 PM
Did you find Neptune offered better prices as well as shipping to Canada? I'm happy to go with whoever is reputable, it just seems like there is more exotic frags over the border.

As for zoanthids.com, I've asked them about the CITES permit, however some brief research indicates that zoas are not listed under CITES, and should not be a problem especially if the polyps are mounted on a frag base and not live rock.

ScubaSteve
04-08-2010, 11:15 PM
Neptune's on average seem to be around $4 to $6 per polyp for ultra's (versus $8 and up for some) and with larger frags (Neptune's lists as 5+, 10+ and 15+ frags). I would suggest emailing Neptune's for a current price/stock list and for shipping info. If zoas can be shipped from zoanthids.com, the can be shipped from Neptunes.

Starry
04-08-2010, 11:43 PM
hmmm. lemme know what happens with this. if no Citis for zoas on plugs, what about shrooms, rics ect?

cdp
04-08-2010, 11:51 PM
I've just been in touch with Neptune, and their prices seem reasonable. I'm just confirming a few things. We may end up switching this to a group order from Neptune who also said they can ship aquacultured corals and zoas across the bordered with no issue.

Starry - I'll ask regarding rics and mushrooms.

Viewers of this thread, please post with an approximate $$ (so I can try to negotiate the shipping) if you're interested and stay tuned for who the supplier will be and the price list...hopefully we'll have a decision before the weekend.

Thanks ScubaSteve for the info!

Starry
04-08-2010, 11:59 PM
deninatly interested but would need to see prices and a list of what they have.

ScubaSteve
04-09-2010, 12:09 AM
No problem champ! Thank for making the effort to put this through. Same dollar value for me!

Veng68
04-09-2010, 12:15 AM
whats the website for neptune?

Cheers,
Vic

ScubaSteve
04-09-2010, 12:18 AM
http://neptunescove.net/Zoas_page.php

saltynuts
04-09-2010, 01:36 AM
some nice stuff. let us know how it goes i would do an order for edmonton.

noirsphynx
04-09-2010, 01:47 AM

If you do Ed, I want in.

UnderTheSea
04-09-2010, 02:05 AM
Is the price list going to be posted?

Zoaelite
04-09-2010, 02:22 AM
If anyone is interested in local shipping for zoas I will be cutting up frags after my exams are completed, I'm currently @ 65 colonies and counting so there is a fairly large selection. That and I don't charge per polyp, my group order's are billed per frag (All frags costing the same, for eg if you order 40 frags total I would bill you $15.00 per frag).

Again, this won't be taking place until approximately the end of April but if anyone is interested here are a few photos:
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=62810

zum14
04-09-2010, 04:40 AM
I wish i was in Vanc to take advantage of this. There is some really sweet zoas on there. I love the names of some of them "Ice polyp of Hoth" haha.

The Grizz
04-09-2010, 05:06 AM
If anyone is interested in local shipping for zoas I will be cutting up frags after my exams are completed, I'm currently @ 65 colonies and counting so there is a fairly large selection. That and I don't charge per polyp, my group order's are billed per frag (All frags costing the same, for eg if you order 40 frags total I would bill you $15.00 per frag).

Again, this won't be taking place until approximately the end of April but if anyone is interested here are a few photos:

Count me in on some of those bright colored zoa you have they are awesome.

Bloodasp
04-09-2010, 06:02 AM

Would love some of those plus the chalices too.

Ron99
04-09-2010, 06:30 AM
Chalices are covered by CITES so probably a no go on them.

Bloodasp
04-09-2010, 08:49 AM
I meant ZoaElite's chalices.

BlueAbyss
04-09-2010, 08:04 PM
Hmm, I would contact Ag Canada or Oceans and Fisheries or whatever and make sure that softies on plugs are okay to cross the border... from what I understood, it was unmounted softies only that didn't require CITES, and it would be a shame to have a large group order confiscated at the border.

saltynuts
04-09-2010, 08:18 PM
ok here the email from them i got today.
if you are doing multiple people then you can order them in catagories and Ill initial each bag for each person too...
-that way you dont have to "hope" you got your stuff..
-let me know ASAP so I can hold what you want!!!
thanx,
there should be no problem on Aquacultured corals & zoas
(I have done it a few times now)-shipping to Canada can be high for overnite (last order was $115 to ship)
-it seems less per item if theres more frags in the box

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey!!!,
Hilites this week in zoas/ palys:
Aussie "New sun" zoas
PinkPanther zoas
King's Gold zoas
MOHAWKS palys
YellowJackets (deepwater)
ultra Pink Venom palys
Crown Jewels palys
Treasure of Aladdin palys
Toxic Avenger palys
Invisible Sun palys
Inferno zoas
BumbleBee zoas
BamBam zoas
Clown paint zoas
Rainbow palys

we REALY have an EXCELLENT selection this week for you to choose from!!
polyp counts will be high - you will be impressed!!!
Yes we ship all over the US
I usually explain the list for first timers...
-the list is embedded in the pics attached(ultraCoralslist4-1-10.xls & ultraZoasPalyslist4-6-10.xls)
these are viewable with exxel or word, you may need to SAVE this file to view it
price is per frag (containing this many polyps- or more)
so when it says 5+ polyps there are atleast 5 - but more like 6-8
some of these have grown more polyps since fragging, or
when I take a frag off of the mother colony quite often there are 13 or 14 polyps on a 10+ frag
* but I dont nub them off just to whittle it down to 10 (you get the extra polyps!)
when it says "ultra" it means they are VERY NICE!!!
I have multiples of most zoas & palys on the list - over 400 colonies instock
they are all on original liverock they grew on (very few are on plugs)
the pics I send are the actual frags or mother colonies that I frag from
most frags are growing under 420 & 460 nm actinics or blue plus (TM)/ and 20K XM or 14K phoenix halides
some are growing under combo T5s (420 URI/ blue plus/ 10K phillips/ actinic white)
-you should also check out the Corals list!
-let me know what you need!!

-orders over $300 are %10 off
-orders over $500 are % 15 off
-regular UPS/ Fedex rates apply...
-take a look - let me know if you have any questions

Bill Connell
Neptune's Cove
3055 W. 15th St.
Plano, Tx. 75075

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 9.0.801 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/2800 - Release Date: 04/09/10 00:32:00

Ron99
04-09-2010, 08:29 PM
I meant ZoaElite's chalices.

Ahhh, that would probably be alright :biggrin:

cdp
04-09-2010, 08:59 PM
Salty beat me to the punch. :biggrin:

That's the same thing I received from Bill at Neptune. In addition I asked him whether mushrooms and rics were importable and here was his reply:

"Yessir alot of things (corals & zoas/palys) are cultured here- but the Rics are cultured elsewhere and I get them in, and they already have the aquaculture certificates and permits umbrella web corallimorphs/ blue discosoma/ Orange Yumas/ ember orange...ect are from cultured growouts
-the main things that are CITES are LPS like Aussie scolys/ anchor hammers/ blasto colonies/ fungia plates ect"

Sounds like Bill knows his stuff regarding shipping these across the border. My understanding is that it comes down to whether the items are aquacultured. Scuba Steve did you end up ordering back in November through Neptune and were there any issues? And was there duty charges?

I figure the best way to do this is as follows
- I've attached the pricelist for his current instock corals and zoas/palys.
- Please review the list, make your selections, and send them to me so that I can let Bill know and he can start placing things on hold.
- I will also make sure he reviews our order for any items that may cause trouble at the border, so please be mindful to keep your order to zoas/palys and what he described above. I will not take responsibility for confiscated shipment.
- Bill told me that a big enough order will wave his packing fee, and that larger orders will also receive a discount. Once he has approved our order I'll have him send me the grand total in USD$ with discounts, fees, and a shipping estimate.
- As this is an currency exchange order, my plan is to ask VISA what exchange rate they will use and then make the appropriate adjustments to everyone's totals to reflect shipping and exchange, and then send them back. I figure Bill's preference (I'm confirming with him right now) is for everyone to pay me and me to pay Bill using VISA. I'm comfortable doing this as long as I'm paid prior to the items being shipped. Please let me know if you have any concerns.
- Pickups will most likely be from my place in N.van (near Lynn Valley). My tank is small so everything will stay bagged and require immediate pickup. Any difference in shipping costs will either be refunded or requested at pickup.

I doubt there is an arrive alive guarantee, however it will be an overnight shipment so I don't think that will be an issue.

Ideally we get this order in over the next few days so the items can be put on hold. Let the orders begin!
C.

cdp
04-09-2010, 09:08 PM
Just to clarify!

The group order for the lower mainland will order from Neptune's Cove (www.neptunescove.net (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/www.neptunescove.net) ) (www.zoanthids.com is taking too long to return my msgs). Images of his zoa/palys stock can be seen on his zoa pages ( http://neptunescove.net/Zoas_page.php ) (http://neptunescove.net/Zoas_page.php) ...a bit of a pain because you have to scroll over for names...use www.zoaid.com (http://www.zoaid.com) as another reference.

ScubaSteve
04-10-2010, 04:12 PM
Sweet! Thanks for organizing this. You'll have a pm from me in a little bit.

cdp
04-12-2010, 07:01 AM
To anyone whose interested (even the slightest) please post here and send me your order. If people show interest hopefully more people will join up!

Amante
04-12-2010, 10:00 AM
Hey I'm in

TheKid
04-12-2010, 11:36 AM
im in paris on vacqtion at the moment, im coming back tomorrow can i order with you guys then??? and how much will shipping be??

Starry
04-12-2010, 12:41 PM
only way i could do it is if someone was willing to reship to me in kelowna or was coming this way.

cdp
04-12-2010, 02:07 PM
im in paris on vacqtion at the moment, im coming back tomorrow can i order with you guys then??? and how much will shipping be??

Yeah for sure svaningen! Bill at Neptune said the last time he shipped overnight to B.C. it was $115, which we'll all be splitting.

Check farther up page three of the forum to see the pricelist (as an attachment) and the details.

If you are still interested please post to the forum so that I can count you in.

C.

cdp
04-12-2010, 02:14 PM
only way i could do it is if someone was willing to reship to me in kelowna or was coming this way.

Hey Starry - I could reship it your way, but since that means you'll have to pick up additional shipping charges, did you want to see if anyone else in Kelowna is interested that way you can share the additional shipping cost. I saw you guys have a frag swap thread going, maybe some of them would be interested.

Let me know

ScubaSteve
04-12-2010, 05:51 PM
I'll give you my list of choices tonight when I get a free moment. What's the easiest way to do this? Mark it in the excel aand send it to you?

cdp
04-12-2010, 05:56 PM
I'll give you my list of choices tonight when I get a free moment. What's the easiest way to do this? Mark it in the excel aand send it to you?
Sounds good ScubaSteve.

For Everyone - Send me the excel sheet with your quantities filled that way it makes the order really easy.

saltynuts
04-12-2010, 07:28 PM
let me know how this turn out for you. as i,ll do one for edmonton.
hope all goes well.

cdp
04-13-2010, 07:27 PM
Just a reminder to everyone that the order has not been placed yet so there is still time to get in on this order with Neptune's Cove. See my post on page 3 of this thread...it has the price lists as excel attachments. Fill in the items you want and PM the file back to me (I can give you an email if you can't PM the file)

UPDATE!!: As there is some interest from people with small orders, shipping will now be split based on number of frags each individual orders. So essentially if someone orders 1 frag and there are a total of 15 frags ordered, they only pay 1/15th of the shipping. I believe this is a fair way to split the shipping and accommodate people who only want small quantity of frags. Overnight Shipping was estimated at $115 for a large box (note this is an estimate and will probably change.) I am trying to work out the payment details with Neptune's Cove and will keep you posted.

Numerous people have shown interest. Below is a list of the orders I've received thus far:

CDP
approx. 7 frags(will update names and qty later...don't have my list with me)

ScubaSteve
QTY(poly #) - name
3 - Heaven & Hell Palys
1 - Armagedon Paly
3 - Ultra Blue Angels
1 - Ultra X-men Paly
5 - Neon Green Palys
3 - Ultra Variable Stars

There may be the possibility to buy larger frags and split them once we receive them. Please organize this directly with the person you want to split with as I want to keep the accounting easy and you will need to organize the cutting separately.

ScubaSteve has added a few pics to the zoa/paly excel file (its too big to post). Email him at kreilly@chbe.ubc.ca and he can email you the file

So all those who are interested try to get me your orders to me by Friday afternoon please!

cdp
04-14-2010, 07:14 PM
See above for the latest updates (didn't register as an update to the thread for some reason)

cdp
04-15-2010, 07:06 PM
I've spoken with Bill and Neptune's Cove. Unfortunately his mother passed away within the past few days. So needless to say he is taking some time. I have given him our condolences on behalf of the group.

Bill has told me the following:

He will be sending photos for rics & yumas (instock) either Monday or Tuesday next week when he's back in the shop.
The stock on the lists he sent us hasn't changed much so there should not be an issue, however he will place holds as he receives the orders so the sooner the better!!

Him and I will discuss the group discounts and payment options next week.

In Summary:

I want zoa/paly orders no later than Sunday afternoon (April 18th) so he has them Monday morning to ensure holds and so we can work out the group discount
Orders for rics & yumas, etc.: Once we have photos I want these orders in ASAP

If you plan to order zoas/palys and rics/yumas, send me your order for zoas/palys by sunday (or sooner :lol:) , then follow up with the order afterward. If you only plan on ordering rics/yumas and you have an approximate budget let me know by sunday so I can include that when I speak with Bill about discounts.

As my coming weekends are a bit crazy this may have to be a weekday pickup, in which case I would like to do the pickup at J&L in the evening. I might consider the north shore depending on where members of the group are located.

Make sure to read post #36 re. splitting shipping fees and my post on p3 of the thread with the attached order/price lists
C

cdp
04-17-2010, 05:43 PM
Zoa/paly order forms due Sunday April 18th! Get me those orders if you want in

cdp
04-18-2010, 03:34 PM
Received orders for zoas/palys

CDP
QTY(poly #) - name
2 - Blue Majic palys
2 - Ultra Invisible Sun palys
5 - Ultra King Midas zoas
3 - Ultra Variable Stars palys
10 - Ultra Emerald Forest zoas
5 - original Blues Clues zoas

ScubaSteve
QTY(poly #) - name
3 - Heaven & Hell Palys
1 - Armagedon Paly
3 - Ultra Blue Angels
1 - Ultra X-men Paly
5 - Neon Green Palys
3 - Ultra Variable Stars

Pinhead
QTY(poly #) - name
5 - Ultra Wonder Woman

Running total sits at ~$380 (before shipping/exchange and discounts)
With this total we are currently eligible for 10% off :biggrin: I'm hoping to hit the $500+ mark so we can get 15% off.

Keep those orders coming in!! Today is the last day for zoa/paly orders! Single frag orders are welcome....shipping is going to be split on a per frag basis to keep per frag cost down

Yuma/rics orders due early this week! (will let you know when I get the in stock photos...PM me if you're interested so I can email the photos directly to you)

Attached are the order sheets to save hunting through the thread

klee888
04-19-2010, 08:29 AM
Hi there, here are my picks:

klee888
ultra "Armour of God" palys ultra "Martian Invasion" zoas Halloween zoas ultra "Goldstars" zoas Blue moon palys

cdp
04-20-2010, 02:09 PM
Group order update -

CDP
QTY(poly #) - name
2 - Blue Majic palys
4 - Nuclear greens palys

ScubaSteve
QTY(poly #) - name
3 - Heaven & Hell Palys
1 - Armagedon Paly
3 - Ultra Blue Angels
1 - Ultra X-men Paly
5 - Neon Green Palys
3 - Ultra Variable Stars

Pinhead
QTY(poly #) - name
5 - Ultra Wonder Woman

Klee888
QTY(poly #) - name
1- ultra "Armour of God" palys
5 - ultra "Martian Invasion" zoas
5 - Halloween zoas
5 - ultra "Goldstars" zoas
5 - Blue moon palys

Group total thus far: $530 before 15% discount...19frags
This brings shipping cost to $6.05/frag (based on Neptune Cove est.)
(Keeping in mind all costs are USD$)
The discount will help to offset the exchange and shipping. Neptune has our orders and should be placing them on hold today.

If anyone wants in on the yumas or rics please PM me with your email so I can send the photos directly to you when I receive them.

As we are still waiting for those photos to show up and because we've got a better discount now, if anyone else is interested in zoas/palys please send me your orders today by 8pm. I will be working everyone's estimated costs (total-discount+exchange+shipping) tonight so that everyone can e-mail money transfer and I can pay Neptune.

Thanks
C.

TheKid
04-20-2010, 03:37 PM
where can I find the pics and prices of the zoas/palys

cdp
04-20-2010, 04:43 PM
Price lists for zoas/palys and other corals are in my post on page 4 (post #40)

pinhead
04-20-2010, 07:34 PM
Anyone interested in splitting the Rainbow Palys 2 or 3 ways? (8th picture from the bottom on page 1 - Left hand side

Or something similar here http://www.rarezoanthids.com/ Candy Apple Reds

ScubaSteve
04-20-2010, 08:00 PM
where can I find the pics and prices of the zoas/palys

Dude, page 3. If you want an excel file with a few pictures, email me and I'll send it to you. kevin.t.reilly@gmail.com.

Anyone interested in splitting the Rainbow Palys 2 or 3 ways? (8th picture from the bottom on page 1 - Left hand side

Or something similar here http://www.rarezoanthids.com/ Candy Apple Reds

I'm max'ed out budget-wise at the moment but if you do get them I'll buy a frag off you after they grow out for a month or two.

cdp
04-21-2010, 04:19 PM
Group order update

CDP
QTY(poly #) - name
2 - Blue Majic palys
4 - Nuclear greens palys
6 - ultra 'neon sunset' zoas

ScubaSteve
QTY(poly #) - name
3 - Heaven & Hell Palys
1 - Armagedon Paly
3 - Ultra Blue Angels
1 - Ultra X-men Paly
5 - Neon Green Palys
3 - Ultra Variable Stars

Pinhead
QTY(poly #) - name
5 - Ultra Wonder Woman

Klee888
QTY(poly #) - name
5 - Halloween zoas
5 - Blue moon palys

Group total thus far: $560 before 15% discount...20frags
This brings shipping cost to $5.75/frag (based on Neptune Cove est.)
(Keeping in mind all costs are USD$)
The discount will help to offset the exchange and shipping. Neptune has our orders and should be placing them on hold today.

If anyone wants in on the yumas or rics please PM me with your email so I can send the photos directly to you when I receive them.

As we are still waiting for those photos to show up and because we've got a better discount now, if anyone else is interested in zoas/palys please send me your orders today.

I've got my fingers crossed that those photos arrive today!

C.

muck
04-21-2010, 05:14 PM
Exchange... what exchange? :razz:

cdp
04-21-2010, 05:24 PM
LOL..yeah I wish...unfortunately banks and credit institutions don't offer parity yet so we get a fluctuating exchange rate (today its $1.0243 Cdn for USD$1)

Muck you interested in getting in on this group order?

cdp
04-21-2010, 05:47 PM
Everyone please note that I'm currently asking Neptune's Cove for an updated estimate on the shipping as our volume is now looking like it may approach 30 frags.

I'm also asking about a better discount rate as we will probably have +$750 in frags.

I'll keep you posted! Keep those orders for zoas/palys coming!

C.

muck
04-21-2010, 05:50 PM
Muck you interested in getting in on this group order?

I would if...

A) I lived in your neck of the woods.
B) I had a tank setup to put them in.
C) My tax return is ginormus.

Can't wait to see all the photos of the received goods though. :wink:

injektion
04-21-2010, 06:28 PM
pm'd you the list cdp

thanks!

cdp
04-21-2010, 06:34 PM
received...nice picks!

cdp
04-21-2010, 07:06 PM
If you're wondering....yes you can still send me orders for zoas & palys :D

cdp
04-21-2010, 11:00 PM
The long awaited ric and yuma photos are here!

Email me (c_daponte@yahoo.ca) if you want them (too big for me to post...not sure why the posting size limits are so low :()

I've heard from Bill at Neptune's Cove. Given the quantity he figures shipping will go up about $30....but we are already at 28 frags (yes more ppl have placed orders) so shipping is becoming quite reasonable. He cannot offer us a greater discount, however he will 'overpolyp' everyone's orders! So I think its still working out quite well for us.

As we are already late in the week, I will except orders until Friday afternoon (to leave time to have people transfer me money so I can pay on Monday). Please get me your orders!

For those who have already ordered, expect to hear from me soon regarding payment details.

I will post the latest frag counts and types and shipping estimate later tonight

C

cdp
04-22-2010, 05:23 AM
Here's the link to rics and yumas that Neptune's Cove sent me. I can only assume this is what they have in stock.

http://s783.photobucket.com/albums/yy120/cdaponte/Rics%20and%20Yumas/?albumview=slideshow

The price list is attached to my post on page 4 (post #40)

cdp
04-22-2010, 06:02 AM
Group order update -

CDP
QTY(poly #) - name
2 - Blue Majic palys
4 - Nuclear greens palys
6 - ultra neon sunset zoas

ScubaSteve
QTY(poly #) - name
3 - Heaven & Hell Palys
1 - Armagedon Paly
3 - Ultra Blue Angels
1 - Ultra X-men Paly
5 - Neon Green Palys
3 - Ultra Variable Stars

Pinhead
QTY(poly #) - name
5 - Ultra Wonder Woman

Klee888
QTY(poly #) - name
5 - Halloween zoas
5 - Blue moon palys

Marlin65
5 - ultra Wonder woman zoas
5 - Rings of Neptune zoas

Injektion
5 Ultra Blue zombie-eyes zoas
5 - ultra "Superman" zoas 3 - ultra "5lue Angels" zoas 5 - Tuxedo zoas (8-ball/ oreo) 5 - ultra "Martian Invasion" zoas 10 - ultra "Emerald forest" zoas

Group total thus far: $770! before 15% discount...28frags
This brings shipping cost to $5.89/frag (based on Neptune Cove new est.)
(Keeping in mind all costs are USD$). For those wondering, my figures currently have a USD$30 frag with all the adjustments for shipping, exchange, and discounts, costing approximately $33 Cdn.

I did ask about a further discount. Bill can't do any better on cost, however he will 'overpolyp' on all frags which is a happy medium imo!

Final deadline for orders is Friday night. I will send out payment details for email transfer Saturday morning and will need all payments no later than Sunday evening. Neptune's Cove will be paid on Monday morning with my VISA. Any difference in what people transferred me will be settled at pickup (I will provide you with updated balances prior to pickup).

Thank you to everyone who has put orders in! There is still time to get in orders. See my post above for pics of rics and yumas!

Thanks
C.

cdp
04-23-2010, 02:22 PM
This is it!! Today is the last day for orders for the Neptune Cove group-buy. On the list are zoas/palys, rics/yumas. We're getting a great deal with 15% off and 'overpolyp' on all orders. The clock is ticking....get me your orders ASAP (order forms are on p4 post 40 of this thread)

Thanks to everyone whose ordered thus far! I'll send you payment info tomorrow.

C.

BlueWorldAquatic
04-23-2010, 02:31 PM

I'll be doing one for the store in the near future. Especially for the FragFest.

Ken - BWA

cdp
04-23-2010, 08:24 PM
I should note that the rics/yumas will not be overpolyp-ed (I expect) since they are ordered as single units and not colonies.

This is it!! Today is the last day for orders for the Neptune Cove group-buy. On the list are zoas/palys, rics/yumas. We're getting a great deal with 15% off and 'overpolyp' on all orders. The clock is ticking....get me your orders ASAP (order forms are on p4 post 40 of this thread)

Thanks to everyone whose ordered thus far! I'll send you payment info tomorrow.

C.

cdp
04-23-2010, 11:43 PM
Ok so its coming up on the last hours to get your order sheets in. If you're interested in zoas/palys or rics/yumas check out the order sheets on p4 post 40 of this thread.

Keep in mind that shipping is on a per frag basis.

For those who are not sure here's the details as they stand
Currently shipping sits about $4.50/frag (subject to change as this is based on an estimate)...that means with the 15% discount your shipping is pretty much covered on a single frag worth more than $30. And since exchange is fairly minimal, you basically save the taxes while getting some pretty sweet frags that in my experience are tough to find in the lower mainland.

Send me your orders if you want in! This group order closes after tonight
C.

cdp
04-24-2010, 04:00 PM
Ok this group order is closed :biggrin:!

Thanks everyone who got in on the order.
Our total retail is $910USD.
We received a 15% discount and 'overpolyp' on all zoa/paly orders, so we saved +$136.50 as a group off the retail price.

Shipping estimate is $4.85/frag.
(based on a shipping estimate of $165, which is subject to change).

The order will arrive Thursday (April 29th) through overnight delivery.

Everyone who ordered please check your email today for your summaries and payment details. I PM'd a few of you for email addresses.

C

noirsphynx
04-29-2010, 09:37 PM
How did the order turn out?

noirsphynx
05-04-2010, 09:14 PM
Do any of those who ordered have an easier way of picking the zoa's besides looking through the site for each one from the available list?

ScubaSteve
05-04-2010, 09:29 PM
Ya, zoaid.com (just search it) or google images. You can email me at kevin.t.reilly@gmail.com and I can send you the excel of zoas with a bunch of pics already in there.

noirsphynx
05-04-2010, 09:32 PM
Ya, zoaid.com (just search it) or google images. You can email me at kevin.t.reilly@gmail.com and I can send you the excel of zoas with a bunch of pics already in there.

zoaid doesn't have all of what neptunes has. I'd love to see that excel sheet though, I'll email you. Thanks.

hockey nut
05-07-2010, 04:46 PM
How did the order turn out?

Marlin65
05-07-2010, 04:57 PM
Still waiting for mine to open up. We had some trouble getting it here with UPS. Did anyone else have any open up?

klee888
05-07-2010, 05:59 PM
Same here... nothings opening up.

injektion
05-07-2010, 06:47 PM
of the 6 that i have bought only 3 of them have opened up so far. i'm having a little trouble identifying them as my lights obviously aren't as good as Bill's. if someone could help me id them that would be great.

these are the ones that have opened

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo273/injektion2/DSCN0331.jpg
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo273/injektion2/DSCN0332.jpg
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo273/injektion2/DSCN0328.jpg

and these ones have yet to open, and the first one seems to be dead/dying/beyond recovery

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo273/injektion2/DSCN0330.jpg
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo273/injektion2/DSCN0329.jpg
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo273/injektion2/DSCN0333.jpg

ScubaSteve
05-07-2010, 07:13 PM
Ya, mine haven't opened up yet either. They don't yet have the "I'm just going to melt off your rock here" look but they still ain't happy. I have some faith as I have put other zoas through a lot worse but still...

Just a couple of comments: UPS had their collective head up their a$$ which caused the most problem, and Bill shipped the frags with no air in the bags (they were basically squeezed tight with just a little water) so my frags looked a little crushed. Whether this happened in shipping or that was the was he sent them, I don't know. I do understand that when they get shipped from Bali or Indo they basically come just wrapped in wet paper but it's still rough treatment.

I'm hoping it'll be fine and I'm just going to wait and see how they turn out... that is until they all die on me and I'm gonna have to kick someone's a$$...:neutral:

hockey nut
05-07-2010, 09:55 PM
What day was pick up?

Marlin65
05-07-2010, 10:08 PM
Monday was originally supposed to be Wednesday. 5+ days in the box. I did have a live pod in with my frags and I think one of my frags will open for sure time will tell.

Zoaelite
05-07-2010, 11:26 PM
Ya, mine haven't opened up yet either. They don't yet have the "I'm just going to melt off your rock here" look but they still ain't happy. I have some faith as I have put other zoas through a lot worse but still...

Just a couple of comments: UPS had their collective head up their a$$ which caused the most problem, and Bill shipped the frags with no air in the bags (they were basically squeezed tight with just a little water) so my frags looked a little crushed. Whether this happened in shipping or that was the was he sent them, I don't know. I do understand that when they get shipped from Bali or Indo they basically come just wrapped in wet paper but it's still rough treatment.

I'm hoping it'll be fine and I'm just going to wait and see how they turn out... that is until they all die on me and I'm gonna have to kick someone's a$$...:neutral:

Did Dave mean to ship them without air? If not it appears he was trying to save some cash on shipping because that's a retarded idea at best. When Zoas come in from the ocean they usually put a very small amount of water with some sort of damp cloth or plastic but the bags are always full of air. I can see overnight shipping with no air in the bags but sitting in a box for 5 days with no O2 is a death sentence. Another reason I stick to distributers in Canada, I really hope these all pull through for you because those prices are far to high to be receiving dead garbage...

Marlin65
05-08-2010, 02:53 AM
I have a couple half open at this time.

ScubaSteve
05-08-2010, 07:58 AM
I agree witht he no O2... I was surprised too say the least.

I'm going to have to check mine when I go back to my old place tomorrow. If there is nothing open, Wayne Brady's gonna have to...

Marlin65
05-12-2010, 05:30 PM
Well mine all melted away I thought some might pull through as a few kind of opened up but it was not meant to be.:cry::cry:

Zoaelite
05-12-2010, 05:33 PM
Well mine all melted away I thought some might pull through as a few kind of opened up but it was not meant to be.:cry::cry:

Sorry to hear that, if your looking for a more local source there is a guy selling expensive high end zoas on the for sale forum right now.

Marlin65
05-12-2010, 06:20 PM
I saw those they are really nice tempted but maybe later.
Would love some of those campfire ones.

Zoaelite
05-12-2010, 07:58 PM
I saw those they are really nice tempted but maybe later.
Would love some of those campfire ones.

+1 but I just can't justify that kind of money (Including shipping) for a single frag.

klee888
05-13-2010, 02:52 AM
Hi everyone, last one died and disintegrated. Looks like all 5 are DOA. This is depressing!
-klee888

Fingerling
05-16-2010, 08:36 AM
Ouch. I've just read this whole thread and I feel really bad for you folks.

I'm an unknown here as I never did get any water into a tank since I joined (I'm about to sell my two unused tanks, with sadness) so I don't know if anyone's ever posted anything about their experiences with UPS. But I want to share a few things with you which hopefully might help in the future.

The first is that in the 90s I became good friends with a gal who worked for UPS, and what she told me did not surprise me in the least. You see, I had had my computer system shipped to Holland (not by UPS, of course) when I went to live there for a time, and when it finally arrived a month late, the delivery guy insisted on getting my signature at the door, even though he had dropped the boxes onto the floor instead of bending down to place them carefully. This put me between a rock and a hard place, because if I didn't sign, he would just take them away, and I needed it to finish a job I was doing and had already tried the patience of the company I was doing it for to the max on account of the delay. And besides, he was not about to wait for me to set it up to confirm it wasn't broken.

So when she told me NOT to write "Fragile" on anything because the other UPS employees had "extra" fun with those boxes, I took her seriously. She said that on slow days they would play catch with them!

Also, UPS is one of the world's largest package delivery companies. As such, there is no accountability or recourse without an enormous amount of effort on the part of the shipper or consignee after the fact.

Lastly, (although I wouldn't suggest that this has any bearing on individual experiences) UPS tried to sue Canada for US$160 million in 2000 under NAFTA. Finally, 7 years and a pile of Canadian taxpayers' money to fight it later, they lost.

All in all, not a company you want to give your business to, IMHO.

Atomikk
05-16-2010, 06:03 PM
Ouch. I've just read this whole thread and I feel really bad for you folks.

I'm an unknown here as I never did get any water into a tank since I joined (I'm about to sell my two unused tanks, with sadness) so I don't know if anyone's ever posted anything about their experiences with UPS. But I want to share a few things with you which hopefully might help in the future.

The first is that in the 90s I became good friends with a gal who worked for UPS, and what she told me did not surprise me in the least. You see, I had had my computer system shipped to Holland (not by UPS, of course) when I went to live there for a time, and when it finally arrived a month late, the delivery guy insisted on getting my signature at the door, even though he had dropped the boxes onto the floor instead of bending down to place them carefully. This put me between a rock and a hard place, because if I didn't sign, he would just take them away, and I needed it to finish a job I was doing and had already tried the patience of the company I was doing it for to the max on account of the delay. And besides, he was not about to wait for me to set it up to confirm it wasn't broken.

So when she told me NOT to write "Fragile" on anything because the other UPS employees had "extra" fun with those boxes, I took her seriously. She said that on slow days they would play catch with them!

Also, UPS is one of the world's largest package delivery companies. As such, there is no accountability or recourse without an enormous amount of effort on the part of the shipper or consignee after the fact.

Lastly, (although I wouldn't suggest that this has any bearing on individual experiences) UPS tried to sue Canada for US$160 million in 2000 under NAFTA. Finally, 7 years and a pile of Canadian taxpayers' money to fight it later, they lost.

All in all, not a company you want to give your business to, IMHO.

UPS is the worst shipping company in the world. I never use it, especially with a similar fiasco. But I have to clear up a myth. There is not a single penny that goes from the taxpayer to Canada Post. CPC is a corporation, therefore it functions as a profit taking entity. So it is not subsidized by the taxpayer, like previously done.

Fingerling
05-16-2010, 07:12 PM
UPS is the worst shipping company in the world. I never use it, especially with a similar fiasco. But I have to clear up a myth. There is not a single penny that goes from the taxpayer to Canada Post. CPC is a corporation, therefore it functions as a profit taking entity. So it is not subsidized by the taxpayer, like previously done.

You are right about Canada Post, and they've actually done a pretty decent job financially, with a profit for the last 15 years, although 2009 was tough and it will continue to be so. And I think it's important that people know where their taxes go, so thanks for bringing that up.

The part I meant about taxpayers though is that as I understand it, it was the Government of Canada they sued, not Canada Post, and as government, including their lawyers, is paid for by taxpayers, the costs of fighting that suit would have been borne by them.

Personally, that issue would figure into my choice of carrier if I had a company that was in need of cross-border freight transportation, even if they didn't have a reputation for poor service delivery. Here's just one of many reports out there - 5 pages of complaints:

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/delivery/united_parcel_service.htm

piusma
05-27-2010, 07:02 AM
A little UPS shipping story for all of you. At work, we ship machines to repair shops and UPS is THE choice as per our policies and we are not supposed to spend any exra $$ on insurance.

No matter how well I package these machines they ALWAYS arrived broken. I would pack the machine in a box and then put it in another box with extra padding and they would still arrive broken. After many shipments we decided that we might just put insurance on one shipment and see what happens. To our surprise the unit came back in one piece, no damage. We have tried quite a few more shipments with insurance after that. The trick is you could insure the package for as little as $100 value and they will handle the packages carefully. I have since learned to put very little insurance on packages to make sure they would arrive in one piece. Not every ups driver are evil as I've know quite a few good guys, it's their system that is broken.
Steven

Fingerling
05-27-2010, 07:22 AM
ANot every ups driver are evil as I've know quite a few good guys, it's their system that is broken.
Steven

That could be said of all the people in any industry or govt dept - there are ignorant, lazy individuals and careful, conscientious individuals in every organization.

But when it's a system itself which is broken, it tends to attract ignorant, lazy employees in greater numbers than careful, conscientious ones. The former know via the jobs-grapevine that they can get away with a ton of stuff, and since their primary objective is to have a "cushy" job where supervision is minimal, they apply and then further spread the rot. The more the former are hired, the more the latter flee when they can see that their efforts mean less than nothing, making the system worse daily.

UPS is entrenched system-wide in lack of accountability, from the bottom to the top.

cdp
05-27-2010, 02:14 PM
This group order has now come to a happy ending! After all the stupidity with UPS things were set right. For those that don't want to read the back discussion, basically UPS screwed up supreme and took 5 days to deliver an over night package. Obviously most everything died :sad:. However, Bill (at Neptune's Cove), being the stand up guy that he is, got a refund on the shipping from UPS and decided to resend the entire zoa/paly overpolyped and at no cost. The shipment arrived successfully a day later (using UPS) and everything looks great. Thanks to Bill for coming through for us and UPS for doing their job.

So I'd have to say things went well in the end and I suggest anyone considering a group order look into Neptune's Cove for some of those hard to find pieces.

C

Leah
05-27-2010, 02:32 PM
Wow, that is great to hear...do not find many vendors that would do that. Glad to see this had a happy ending. Way to go Neptune's Cove.

muck
05-27-2010, 02:32 PM
So.... let see the pics then people!! :twised:

Marlin65
05-27-2010, 05:11 PM
I will post a few when I get time but they are still adjusting for me right now not fully expanded and the color needs a bit of time to fill in.
I have to give a thumbs up for Neptune as well nice to see a vendor back up their product like that.
I will order from them again.:biggrin:

Atomikk
05-27-2010, 09:19 PM
Wow, that is great to hear...do not find many vendors that would do that. Glad to see this had a happy ending. Way to go Neptune's Cove.

We would do that in a heartbeat. :mrgreen: