PDA

View Full Version : My Foxface is AWOL

rjengen
04-08-2010, 07:42 PM
So quick story, I picked up a nice foxface from Edmonton last week. At the store, he was in great shape, eating well, and feisty as hell. He made the trip home well, and after a couple hours of acclimatizing he went into my tank with no issues at all. The next day I started feeding him, and he was having the time of his life. The tank is faily roomy, with a pair of clowns and a carpet (The green monster) in there, as well as a watchman goby & pistol shrimp.

Fast forward a week...yesterday morning the foxface looked normal in the morning. Came home last night and he was no where to be found...even while feeding. I went to bed, thinking something scared him and he was just playing chicken. This morning, I wake up and he's still no where to be found. My first thought is that a rock fell on him, but everything looks normal, and the rockwork is stable. I did a water change, and decided to go searching for him. I pulled apart the rockwork and he was no where to be found anywhere in the tank. I have a top on the tank, so I was fairly sure he didn't jump, but searched around the basement anyways.

So....Is my carpet laughing at me while munching on my fish? His foot is dug into the sand really well, but doesn't look too much different. I can't help but think that the bugger is a killer, but the fox was 3" big. The clown have been very defensive of the carpet since the fox was added, but he generally stayed on the other half of the tank.

Thoughts guys? There may be a large green killer carpet forsale soon I think.

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj225/rjengen/Fish001.jpg

bvlester
04-08-2010, 07:55 PM
carpet Nems are killers and will eat anything that comes neer them. I had one that eat fish in cloding a triger that was about 5 inches.

Bill

Dyspnea
04-08-2010, 08:53 PM
I would suspect the carpet anemone aswell.

fishoholic
04-08-2010, 09:10 PM
I've heard of carpet anemone's eating large 6-9" tangs and angelfish. My money's on the carpet eating the foxface.