PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Marine Ick :(

edikpok
04-08-2010, 04:38 PM
So I've had marine ich in my reef tank for a while now but it was fairly well controlled and I did not have any outbreaks of it until 2 weeks ago. I kept maintaining the water quality quite religiously and I am not sure what caused the outbreak. The fish that was affected most - the 6 line wrasse - died. My female clown shows some ich on her, while the male and cardinal don't show any ick.

I was thinking to setup a quarantine tank for the fish and treat them there. How does this work? will the ick in the main tank die if there is no host? how long should I keep the fish treated, away from the main tank?

naesco
04-08-2010, 11:50 PM
So I've had marine ich in my reef tank for a while now but it was fairly well controlled and I did not have any outbreaks of it until 2 weeks ago. I kept maintaining the water quality quite religiously and I am not sure what caused the outbreak. The fish that was affected most - the 6 line wrasse - died. My female clown shows some ich on her, while the male and cardinal don't show any ick.

I was thinking to setup a quarantine tank for the fish and treat them there. How does this work? will the ick in the main tank die if there is no host? how long should I keep the fish treated, away from the main tank?

If you use garlic extract in the food you do not have to set up a QT. See the other thread.
If you QT the tank your tank must be fallow (free of fish) for at least 30 days.

BlueWorldAquatic
04-09-2010, 02:48 AM
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=63163

Sorry being a bit lazy right now.

PM me if you have any questions also.

Ken - BWA