PDA

View Full Version : Advice

Ian
04-07-2010, 12:17 AM
WELL I have been informed that I amputting in new flooringin our kitchen and dining room and guess what that means. YUP i have to move my 90gallon tank with 35 gallon sump. IT will only need to be moved 4-5 hours max but it is too heavy to just slide around.
Any and all ideas/advice on how to do this with the least stress would be appreciated.
thanks
Ian

ILIKECOUGARS
04-07-2010, 12:52 AM
I would take out as much water I can, only leave enought for the livestocks, also if possible place a banket under the stand so it would slide easier. It's hard to said without seen your setup.

Dolf
04-07-2010, 03:00 AM
I know it is not what you want to hear; but I would move all liverock and most of the water to a rubbermaid or another tank located out of the way and drain the tank down as far as need be to move it while keeping some circulation and heat in the water remaining in the tank. Not ideal; but even if you drain the sump and take it away a half full 90g with a hundred lbs of rock will not move...
Good luck.

bvlester
04-07-2010, 07:13 AM
powderbandit just did a move around of his tank to do floors ask him how he did it.

Bill

BCOrchidGuy
04-07-2010, 06:38 PM
buckets, pails, airstones, borrow heaters if you can... moving a tank is a big process. I can give you some old IO buckets if you need. Sorry, I didn't notice you weren't local.

Doug