PDA

View Full Version : Small Pump for ATO?

Eb0la11
04-05-2010, 08:34 PM
Hey guys, Ive been searching for what seems forever for the perfect ATO pump. I think a bilge pump would work perfectly, but I cant seem to find one suitable. I need to know its aquarium safe.

Does anyone have any suggestions and a place in Calgary that has what I need? I drove around for ike 4 hrs today trying to find the right thing with no luck.

madkeenreefer
04-05-2010, 08:45 PM
http://www.jlaquatics.com/product/wp-taw20/Oscar+%28Tom%29+Aqua+Lifter+Water+and+Air+Pump.htm l

these are a good little pump for the price & will run for years

Eb0la11
04-05-2010, 08:57 PM
Hmmm, someone else directed me to that one too. Ok, so this is just plug it in and it runs?

I have an ATO float valve that will turn the pump on and off as the water evaporates, but I'll be using the pump as a dosing type station too. Id premix the amount my aquarium needs in a bucket, drop this pump in and as the float valve drops to turn on the pump itd pump it back to the normal height.

This would work for that?

madkeenreefer
04-05-2010, 09:03 PM
Yea thats how it works just run the pump off of the ATO and it will be fine

Eb0la11
04-05-2010, 09:26 PM
Alright, sounds like it'll work, order submitted. Thanks!

bvlester
04-05-2010, 11:20 PM
Hey guys, Ive been searching for what seems forever for the perfect ATO pump. I think a bilge pump would work perfectly, but I cant seem to find one suitable. I need to know its aquarium safe.

Does anyone have any suggestions and a place in Calgary that has what I need? I drove around for ike 4 hrs today trying to find the right thing with no luck.

I use a little ornimental pump from one of those table top water features. works great does not have to run as long as the aqua lifter did.

Bill