PDA

View Full Version : MP40w ES - worth it ?

andestang
04-05-2010, 06:09 AM
Just wondering for anybody thats bought the new MP40w ES or has done the upgrade to their existing unit if you think its any better than just the MP40w. With being able to buy the MP40w for on average $70.00 cheaper now, is the newer model worth the extra money ? Unless its cheaper somewhere for less than the advertised $499.

burrows14
04-06-2010, 01:27 AM
I upgraded my mp40w on the weekend and I really like this driver! Im a big fan of the nutrient export mode. It stirs up everything in my 120. It also is very slick looking beside my tank. I have another one on order right now from oceanic. they have a good deal on them you should check it out.

Ryan
04-08-2010, 07:00 PM
What does the pump do in "nutrient Export Mode"?

Is it a short burst or what?

Milad
04-08-2010, 10:39 PM
Are these better than the tunze? I heard they are noisey

Ryan
04-09-2010, 12:30 AM
My friend has one and you can hear it pulse right throught the floor into the basement when on pulse. They definatly make noise but its no louder than a skimmer.

BlueTang<3
04-09-2010, 12:32 AM
i got 4 of them sounds like a small buzz basically like a shaver or something if that even u get used to them they are a great pump

burrows14
04-09-2010, 12:46 AM
i dont find them noisy at all. I have mine in my living room and am not bothered by them at all and I have never heard a buzz. As long as its installed properly there should be no buzz. Im very happy with mine:biggrin:

BlueTang<3
04-09-2010, 01:18 AM
yeah they are in my bed room lol my fish tank is the wall for our bedroom and ya like i said they are virtually silent i have the small buzz as i run in short pulse mode

andestang
04-09-2010, 02:09 AM
Thats what I'm wondering. Other then the controller being changed thats the only other thing thats different from the older style.

What does the pump do in "nutrient Export Mode"?

Is it a short burst or what?

BlueTang<3
04-09-2010, 02:14 AM
it is something for putting the pump on the back of the tank http://ecotechmarine.com/ecosmart/

EcoSmart Nutrient Transport Mode

In this EcoSmart mode, water is circulated in a two phase program consisting of wave motion to stir up detritus and surging motion to move the detritus into your overflow where it can be skimmed out. This effect promotes maximum health and nutrient export, as well as increased growth for sensitive corals such as SPS. Adjusting the dial changes the maximum speed achieved at any time during this mode. Slave pumps should be positioned opposite the master and on the back of the tank to take full advantage of the EcoSmart modes.