PDA

View Full Version : Clam and coral attached to shell question

fishoholic
04-03-2010, 09:50 PM
I just got my clam back from my boyfirend's Dad who has had it for awhile now. I gave it to him because my CBB picked at it, however now his angelfish has started picking on it :sad: So I took it back and put it in my 20g cube with my frogfish.

It's just starting to open up a tiny bit, but I'm wondering if the piece of kenya tree coral (that's attached to the side of the clam shell) is bothering the clam or not. Anyone know if it would? I can pull it off if I need to but I'll leave it alone if it's not bothering the clam.

Delphinus
04-04-2010, 12:23 AM
I think it will be ok for the time being but as the Kenya tree grows it could shade out the clam so eventually you'lll probably want to pull it off.

I just got my clam back from my boyfirend's Dad who has had it for awhile now. I gave it to him because my CBB picked at it, however now his angelfish has started picking on it :sad: So I took it back and put it in my 20g cube with my frogfish.

It's just starting to open up a tiny bit, but I'm wondering if the piece of kenya tree coral (that's attached to the side of the clam shell) is bothering the clam or not. Anyone know if it would? I can pull it off if I need to but I'll leave it alone if it's not bothering the clam.

fishoholic
04-04-2010, 05:05 AM
I think it will be ok for the time being but as the Kenya tree grows it could shade out the clam so eventually you'lll probably want to pull it off.

Well I pulled it off of the clam shell, I didn't want to risk it bugging the clam.