PDA

View Full Version : Filtration, Am I Crazy?

donlite
04-01-2010, 04:52 PM
I would like any input on building a Fluidized bed filters. Is it possible to use say 4" diameter plastic acrylic tubes (I have about 20 left over tubes from
one of my companies left over job parts) and set up a series (2,3 or 4) cylinders each having there own use eg. first one mechanical filtration (3 or 4
levels of filter pads, then a fluidized bed sand filter, then say charcoal or any other chemical filtering media. My company has a cnc router and can easily
produce plastic end caps etc. and we use a UV curing glue that sets in seconds
and does not distort the plastic. Thanks for taking the time to read this. I would also like to look at making a free site to view the steps for anyone to do DIY.:idea:

hillegom
04-01-2010, 05:57 PM
I think that is a good idea, cannot see a reason you wouldn't be able to produce these.
If you sell any put me down for one, depending of course on how much.

ScubaSteve
04-01-2010, 07:00 PM
If you're interested, you can provide me some details and I'll whip up a design for you using the materials you have. I am doing my PhD in specialized fluidized bed reactors so it's good practice for me.

donlite
04-02-2010, 05:00 PM
Thanks for taking the time to reply. If ScubaSteve or any one else can help, thats great. I have the resources and cnc machines to make the system, the only thing I'm short on is the brain's. My phone number is 403-274-3345 day or cell 403 612-1349 or reply on this great web site.

Thanks, Donlite
(My login name is donlite not because I have a light brain, I own a small light fixture company):lol: