PDA

View Full Version : My crab out in a open

mws
03-31-2010, 05:54 PM
This is the first time he came out for a full view.I had him sense September, he came with the rock. Has one claw, most of the time, shaped like a spoon on a end.He is dark purple, with lighter bands on the legs. Never touched anything with the exception of moving smaller rocks and frags what are not placed to his likening.

untamed
03-31-2010, 06:06 PM
The angle which he holds that claw makes me think he's been injured or something. Odd that he doesn't have two of those claws, also.

While I always try to keep any crab that I have, most people suggest that crabs with those flat tipped claws are harmless.

mws
03-31-2010, 06:30 PM
I know, he was holding it up in a air. A few months ago he had one claw as well, then it had growing back, he had two and now he is back having one.
I wonder if his other claw is not being used enough to develop. I don't have any fish what would go after him. But he always been very shy, hides with every movement from me.

untamed
03-31-2010, 07:05 PM
No...that crab is involved some heated debate with some other critter in the tank. Could be another crab, shrimp or a fish.