PDA

View Full Version : Will be spending time in Calgary

rodsboys
03-28-2010, 08:00 PM
I will be in Calgary on the weekdays for the month of April. I would like to check out some stores while I am there. I plan to visits Golds as I got a chance to for the first time a few weeks ago.I also want to check out Elite as they have something there I am interested in.
Is there anyplace else that is a must see?

Also would be willing to bring items to and from for anyone. Pick up /dropoff at my house and my hotel in Calgary.

BlueTang<3
03-28-2010, 08:29 PM
red coral is a must see if ur going down the staff are great :biggrin:

bauder1986
03-28-2010, 09:02 PM
RED CORAL ROCKS!!! Umm, you might want to bring every once of cash with you...lots of stuff to buy there

globaldesigns
03-29-2010, 01:26 AM
There are alot of threads on this, but personally I would only take the time to visit the following:

Gold's - Dennis is the owner, probably the best place & prices for fish, hardware and dry goods.

Red Coral - Kevin is great to talk to and his service is second to none. He is probably the best for coral. He doesn't carry a big selection of fish, but I find that he brings in fish other LFS don't have.

Ocean City - Sometimes buy from there. Very clean store.

If you visit other stores, just be careful and know what your looking for and what they normally retail for, the others are kinda a rip-off. Caution should be taken.

Have fun shopping in Calgary!

rodsboys
04-23-2010, 02:47 AM
Discovered Pieces tonite.Big selection.However disease infested and high priced. I did however buy a white spotted,hairy red-legged hermit. I have been wanting one for a loooooong time. I paid way too much for it though.

Been to Gold's and Elite a few times each. I like them both as well as the staff.

One more week here. Got to make time to got to Ocean city and Red Coral.

viperfish
04-23-2010, 04:36 AM
Go to Red Coral first, when you leave you won't have any money left to spend anywhere else. Makes planning easy!

infamous
04-23-2010, 05:35 AM
Pisces is very disappointing. Their quality is always poor and I always leave feeling sad for the livestock. I'm glad you found the hermit crab you were looking for though. As the others said above, Red Coral and Ocean City are a must-see! I really like the selection of fish at Ocean City and he also has a nice variety of inverts. Red Coral is a great shop and I can't add much more than what has previously been said! Kevin is great and has a good variety of corals. Good luck with your shopping!