PDA

View Full Version : Blue Palm Lollypop Tunicate

nanoFX
03-28-2010, 03:41 AM
Any know where I could find some Blue Palm Lollypop Tunicate (Nephtheis fascicularis)?

Dolf
03-28-2010, 06:28 AM
Hello;

I know that it is not right to assume that because you are (relatively) new to canreef that you are new to the hobby, but I am going to make that assumption none the less. I do not know if you have read up on the animals and their care; but if you have not I would suggest reading http://www.wetwebmedia.com/seasquirtfaqs.htm . Many of the questions date back 2 or 5 years, but I have not heard of many people having great success with them regardless of which year they tried. From one of the posts by Anthony Calfo "This animal is not "doing great". Its simply still alive and yet still doomed to starve to death in weeks/months. They really should not be collected or sold perhaps. Not until we are able to understand their needs and keep them alive. Many ascidians are bacteriovores. We do not have enough or enough of the right kind of foods to keep these animals alive. Yours will die soon, alas"

If you have read up on it and have a plankton culture, a rotifer culture and are breeding bacteria the best that you can and are after an animal to "test" then I would suggest that you ask one of the proprietors of a fish store to order it in for you and I will wish you luck. If it is a fairly new system I would not set myself up for failure.

Best of luck...