PDA

View Full Version : Love/Hate Relationships with your livestock

Lance
03-26-2010, 01:57 AM
I'm sure we all have some.
For me it's my Lunare Wrasse and my BTA. The wrasse has incredibly striking colouration, can swim like a torpedo and is quite intelligent; but as he's maturing he's becoming a real PITA. When I feed the tank he soaks me half the time and sprays water all over the lights. He is also becoming more and more aggressive with some of the other fishes.
As for the BTA: firstly, it was supposed to be a GBTA but is a boring brown; secondly, it turned my two sweet little Fire Clowns into territorial SOB's; and the nem is growing so damn fast I have to keep moving corals out of its way.

This pic is 4 or 5 months old and he is much bigger now. (about 7")
http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo151/lancefishtank/fish%20pics%20new%20camera/IMG_0661.jpg

This is also an older pic. The nem is now about 14" across.
http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo151/lancefishtank/IMG_1065.jpg

Marlin65
03-26-2010, 02:07 AM
Tell me about it I have just taken my Coris Wrasse out of my tank I love this fish but it keeps flipping my corals over. Its in QT now but It pains me to get rid of it as it is such a cool fish.:sad:

Lance
03-26-2010, 02:12 AM
Tell me about it I have just taken my Coris Wrasse out of my tank I love this fish but it keeps flipping my corals over. Its in QT now but It pains me to get rid of it as it is such a cool fish.:sad:

Hehe The Lunare does the same thing, corals and small rocks are toys to him. :biggrin:

lorenz0
03-26-2010, 03:01 AM
seems like for me, the more i learn whats out there for sps, the more i want it. i am trying to stop looking at picture now

globaldesigns
03-26-2010, 03:31 AM
For me it is my maroon clown.

Nice looking fish, but is hosting to three different things: frogspawn, hammer coral and a open brain. Fish is dumb as dirt and keeps cleaning the araganite around each piece. He uses his tail to sweep and create a big sand storm and also then takes mouth fulls of sand and will relocate it elsewhere.

It is kinda neat to watch, but a pain as the sand storms are not nice and he actually covers other corals with his mouth moving of sand.

I have lost some coral because of him and have to be watchful where I place things now.

Frenchie2
03-27-2010, 01:42 AM
I hear you "Global Design" - I have a Maroon too and does exactly the same darn thing as yours... As much as I hate what he's doing, I can't get rid of him as it was my very first saltwater fish that I got 5 yrs ago and I actually got attached to it... Yeap, "Love/Hate" relationship...

sitandwatch
03-27-2010, 01:46 AM
I have a huge bully in a red lip blenny he chases everything around and just killed my pajama cardinal.

But my kids like him because he has a personality, I hope he calms down in the new tank

Madreefer
03-27-2010, 03:29 PM
For me it's a long tentacle anemone. Had it for 9 years and it's now the size of a medium pizza. Takes up way too much room. I'm waiting for my pair of breeding clown fish that it hosts to live out their lives. Once they are gone so is the anemone.

blueyota
03-27-2010, 04:26 PM
I have a huge bully in a red lip blenny he chases everything around and just killed my pajama cardinal.

But my kids like him because he has a personality, I hope he calms down in the new tank

I hear ya ...My red lip is a little jerk he leaves big mouth marks all over my fox face ...but I added a powder blue a few months ago and now the PB will chase the blenny almost out of the tank now so things are changing for the blenny:biggrin::biggrin: