PDA

View Full Version : the bday that keeps on giving...

smokinreefer
10-17-2003, 04:02 AM
well, the fish that i had before, that was easily my favorite, was once available again, what a coincidence that it came in on my birthday! :D

without further ado... (no, i wasnt paid for this advertising :razz: )
http://members.shaw.ca/smokinreefer/bdaymultibar.jpg
http://members.shaw.ca/smokinreefer/bdaymultibar2.jpg
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
needless to say, i am one very happy camper!

AJ_77
10-17-2003, 04:35 AM
You have incredible luck! That is one gorgeous fish - was sad to hear about the first - congrats on a repeat performance.
:biggrin:

christyf5
10-17-2003, 04:56 AM
Right on Shao! Thats awesome. More pics!!! :mrgreen:

andestang
10-17-2003, 05:07 AM
Nice find :cool: I wish my birthday would stretch out the gifts like that ! I guess I'll have to take charge of that :confused:

Buccaneer
10-17-2003, 05:15 AM
Absolutely stunning ... looks very healthy ! ... Congrats

Cheers

smokinreefer
10-17-2003, 06:04 AM
each of those pics is a different fish :eek:
i got really lucky and was able to get 2 of these angels!
i am hoping that they will pair up. i know its a gamble, but i have a feeling it will be OK. :neutral: *crosses fingers*
they are both still adjusting to their new home, and unfortunately i am at work later than usual this week, so i am not home for most of the photoperiod, so i cant really say how well they are adjusting.
i am stoked to say the least. :cool:

i'll try and post a few more pics next week, they should be more comfortable by then, plus, i'll be home to see them :mrgreen:

Jack
10-17-2003, 06:06 AM
Cool shao!!!

I really like that fish too! :mrgreen:

Quinn
10-17-2003, 06:32 AM
That is an awesome fish.

AJ_77
10-17-2003, 04:32 PM
OK, now you're just being greedy! :wink:

(But seriously, aren't you a little worried about coming home to just one later??)

smokinreefer
10-17-2003, 04:52 PM
think positive, think positive...
well yeah, there is the chance that only one may survive, but...
the reason why i got both is...
they both came in at the same time, which i am hoping means they might have been collected together, as this is only the second time i have ever seen them for sale (which could just mean that i dont get out enough :lol: )
one of them is noticebly larger than the other...
one of them appears to have longer pectorals then the other...(usually indicative of a male)
i was able to introduce them both to the tank at almost the same time.
and those factors increase the odds that they will get along and hopefully pair up! :mrgreen:
as hard ias it is to catch a fish outta my tank, if it appears that they will not do well Ok together, i will bendover backwards to catch one out, this fish is just too precious, atleast to me they are. :biggrin:
wish me and the fishies luck!! :razz:

oh yeah, i spent alot of time debating whether or not i should try them together, but they are just too beautiful, i couldnt resist the opportunity.

Bob I
10-17-2003, 05:03 PM
What are they exactly :question: :question: Could you give some info on them please for those of us who know nothing about them :question:

Son Of Skyline
10-17-2003, 05:13 PM
Buddy, you already got some nice stuff for your bday and now that day has past.

Admit it....it's an obsession :razz:

AJ_77
10-17-2003, 07:30 PM
Bob: check out this thread (http://www.canreef.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2938&highlight=angel&sid=ab4573088efe5511d23382fbf5d63e77) for the first multi-barred angelfish featured.

robbyville
10-26-2003, 01:19 AM
Nice job Shao!

Hey where is the fish from? I do not recognize the bag and am looking for new stores to explore!

Thanks,

Rob

smokinreefer
10-26-2003, 01:41 AM
big als.
but he fish are dead now. :cry:

robbyville
10-26-2003, 04:38 PM
Shoot, I'm sorry to hear that! Both died? Any ideas how, does Big Al's purchase Cyanide caught fish?

smokinreefer
10-26-2003, 05:15 PM
i dont think it was cyanide.
the angels are deepwater, so it could have been the initial pressure acclimation that was the source of the problem.