PDA

View Full Version : Clown help !!!

TheKid
03-25-2010, 08:27 PM
I have a couple ocellaris clowns and they just recently started getting agressive with eachother. One ( the a**hole) charges at the poor other and clown And the other clown tries to defend himself and after the scufull the innocent clown goes sideways and does a twitchy thing then acts normal pls help!!

mike31154
03-25-2010, 08:38 PM
Sounds like they're reaching maturity and sorting out who gets to be the female, i.e. boss lady. The twitchy sideways thing is an act of submission. With any luck, the prospective female will eventually accept the submissive behaviour and ease up on the attacks. You'll then have a bonded pair. After the first batch of eggs, they'll be a mated pair. Good luck, hope it works out.

TheKid
03-25-2010, 08:42 PM
Sounds like they're reaching maturity and sorting out who gets to be the female, i.e. boss lady. The twitchy sideways thing is an act of submission. With any luck, the prospective female will eventually accept the submissive behaviour and ease up on the attacks. You'll then have a bonded pair. After the first batch of eggs, they'll be a mated pair. Good luck, hope it works out.

I have them for abou a year now is this the right timeline? And if so this is pretty cool and thx for ur help

mike31154
03-25-2010, 09:02 PM
Depends on how old they were when you got them. No idea what the timeline is really, I have a pair of Maroon clowns which I paired myself. Started with one juvenile and added a second juvi about 6 months later. You wanna seem some battles, watch Maroons go at it. I thought the newbie was a goner for sure, but he stuck it out and they're a happy couple now.

jon.smolders
03-25-2010, 09:12 PM
Yeah, I had a pair of Ocellaris clowns that would do that now and then... even after 6 years! Its some sort of spawning ritual. I never found any eggs though.