Price: $800 FIRM

PFO Aquatics Solaris LED Illumination System
Model: LED PS1
Length: 48”
LED: 4 x 25 LED arrays, all LEDs working fine
Power Supply: 2 (+ cords).
Also Included: Legs and Instructions.

Comments:
New these units sold for over $3K. I’m selling the unit to generate funds for some other projects. The power supplies for these units have known issues and are a little touchy. At some point they will need to be upgraded, although there is an easy mod/upgrade using a computer power supply that can be found online. At present the unit and all LED are working fine (see below) – just a heads up.

Here are some photos of the unit taken last night. All LEDs working fine. Ballasts/Power Supplies working fine.

The pictures include whole unit shots and close ups. As you can see, each 25 LED array consists of 10 "White" LEDs, 2 "Green" LEDs & 13 "Blue" LEDs. The control unit has a timer and controls the LEDs in groups, each group being dimmable (0-100%, in 1% increments). The "Groups" consist of Day White, Day Blue, Lunar White, Lunar Blue. There are also some minor effects, namely intermittent "cloud" cover which partially dims the whites for a few minutes at set intervals. Timer controls day start/stop; Lunar start/stop. Lots of control options, or you can use pre-programmed auto settings. I have the original manual so it’s easy to figure out. The pictures include shots with all the lights on, with the whites dimmed out and the blues dimmed out.

The pictures are kinda weird (as in somewhat dark) as I found it very difficult to tank pictures of the lights without washing out the photos!

Virtually no noise (quietest hood I've had) and virtually no heat is given off. Lighting in the tank is very focused, so I wouldn’t recommend it on tanks longer than 48” (my tank is 60” long).

If you have any questions post them here or PM me.

Note: I’m located in Victoria – so local pick up only. I won’t ship – this unit is very solid and weighs a ton! I would like to add that I will be travelling to Vancouver in April and can bring the unit with me if anyone is seriously interested.

Ron99
03-26-2010, 09:18 AM
I believe that the PS-1 is the model number for the power supply itself. Do you know what model the fixture is? i.e. G, H, I-4 or I-5?

Rondelet
03-28-2010, 05:12 PM
Ron,

Sorry but I don't have that information. I had a second look at the unit and the manual that came with it, but there is no mention of the fixture model number. I believe it is one of the earlier models.