PDA

View Full Version : ok what the hell is going on in my tank Rip fella's

Skimmerking
03-25-2010, 03:00 AM
lost my red flasher wrasse last night. now I lost my lammerick angel too about 20 mins ago. WTH.

all levels are near perfect, Will i guess if this is happening what the hell happened.

not a happy Camper

Coleus
03-25-2010, 03:35 AM
sorry to hear. Any chance some deadly chemical leak into your tank?

fishoholic
03-25-2010, 03:49 AM
That sucks :sad:

Delphinus
03-25-2010, 03:57 AM
Ouch man. :( I feel for you. I hate these events .. the worst is when you don't even know why so you can't even think of something to do differently in the future to avoid it happening again. I had an event like that in September. Never did know why. Thought it could have been a clam or anemone spawn but have had both spawn before and never was fatal, and besides none of them had that "spent" look so I never could be sure that's what it was. But I lost 4 fish that day. :( Sucks.

Anyhow point being, I feel your pain. :( Good luck!!!

Carmen
03-25-2010, 04:00 AM
That Sucks Mike! Sorry! :sad: Maybe it's the moon...something screwing up my tank today too!:wink:

Lance
03-25-2010, 04:24 AM
Aw man! Sorry to hear this Mike. :sad:

naesco
03-25-2010, 05:28 AM
lost my red flasher wrasse last night. now I lost my lammerick angel too about 20 mins ago. WTH.

all levels are near perfect, Will i guess if this is happening what the hell happened.

not a happy Camper

If there are no signs of disease or parasites, you didnt add any product or something, and you did not disturb the tank you could have a low oxygen issue.
Were the fish hovering in the upper part of the tank?
To correct it place a powerhead a few inches below the water line but be careful not to spray water on your lighting.

bvlester
03-25-2010, 06:45 AM
I don't know what to say except I hate to hear things like this as a forum is for sharing info and if there is no clues to what happened where to start. Did you die sect the fish I not trying to be mean or anything. There could be a internal parasite or something else that can not be determined from looking on the out side. I die sect any fish that has no apparent signs noticeable from the outside.

I am very sorry to hear this.
I've heard that flashers are susceptible and need extremely good water conditions. As for angles they do not tolerate low PH at all. If PH goes down and then is buffered through top up and it rises to fast it may become a issue due to stress over time. just a guess at what my be happening. Can you post all parameters maybe it is a combination of things that will show when all parameters are looked at together. I know on a forum down south they will not say much without having all parameters that you are able to test for at that time.

Once again sorry to here about this.
Bill

Parker
03-25-2010, 02:20 PM
Sorry to hear about your loses, it's always worse when you don't know what happened.

Skimmerking
03-25-2010, 02:54 PM
ya tell me about it. Im looking at putting in about 6-7 wrasses in my tank here sometime