PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Know How to Use RSS Feature of Aquacontroller?

pterfloth
03-25-2010, 01:45 AM
I have a Neptune AC3 Controller which I love. I access it via my iPhone but am curious about how to use the RSS feature. Can anyone help/guide me on the use of RSS from the controller?

whatcaneyedo
03-25-2010, 02:27 AM
What does RSS stand for? If its something specific to the iPhone app I cant help you but if its a general ACIII function I might be able to assist.

pterfloth
03-25-2010, 03:07 AM
What does RSS stand for? If its something specific to the iPhone app I cant help you but if its a general ACIII function I might be able to assist.

According to Wikipedia RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication. I use the RSS feature of Canreef for example to get all the new posts. The AC3 and Apex have the ability to do RSS and XML. Unfortunately I don't know how to set them up. I would like to get an RSS feed from my controller but I don't know how. If you access your controller via your browser you can see the RSS programming but I don't know what to do with it.

Anyone out there have a handle on how to set this up?

TheKid
03-25-2010, 03:24 AM
Where'd you buy your controller from??

pterfloth
03-25-2010, 03:30 AM
Where'd you buy your controller from??

I bought it used from a fellow reefer.

PoonTang
03-25-2010, 03:37 AM
try the RC forum. I am still busy programming outlets :) havnt got nearly that far yet.

Coleus
04-26-2010, 09:40 PM
I thought the way you can control your stuff from Iphone is through Aquanotes and this app uses RSS or XML to communicate.

Coleus
04-26-2010, 09:50 PM
nvm, some ppl using RSS to feed content to their blogs. reefcentral has lots of articles about this topic