PDA

View Full Version : the zeovit system...

JESSE!
03-24-2010, 03:14 PM
hey can anyone at all give me a rundown on how this zeovit system works. What are all those additives for, what is the overall purpose of this system, dose anyone use it ..... if so do you like it:question:

thanks, all replys are appreciated..

Dez
03-24-2010, 03:24 PM
In it's basic form its another product to create an ultra low nutrient system. The full system involves having a reactor with zeolite rocks in it to culture beneficial bacteria to help create this envirionment. The rocks are then shaken or "cleaned" once or twice a day to release mulm - this is food for the corals. You start the bacteria cultures with zeobak (one of those blue eye dropper bottles) and feed it with zeofood. All of the other zeo products are used in conjunction with the low nutrient corals to feed the corals and tweak the colours of the corals.

I have been on it for almost 6 months and am satisfied with it. Hope this helps.

JESSE!
03-25-2010, 02:32 PM
In it's basic form its another product to create an ultra low nutrient system. The full system involves having a reactor with zeolite rocks in it to culture beneficial bacteria to help create this envirionment. The rocks are then shaken or "cleaned" once or twice a day to release mulm - this is food for the corals. You start the bacteria cultures with zeobak (one of those blue eye dropper bottles) and feed it with zeofood. All of the other zeo products are used in conjunction with the low nutrient corals to feed the corals and tweak the colours of the corals.

I have been on it for almost 6 months and am satisfied with it. Hope this helps.

awesome, yes this did help lots. Thanks! also is the reactor a insump style one? or can it be external.

thanks

viperfish
03-25-2010, 02:52 PM
I'm three weeks into it right now but Instead of using the Zeo reactor and media, I am using the NP biopellets in a Vertex reactor to get low nutrients. For Supplements I am using Amino Acid Concentrate, Coral Vitalizer, Coral Snow, and Pohl's Extra. I am blown away with the results. First thing I noticed was my Monti Caps coloured up like crazy, my green monti developed a purple rim which I had never seen before, and the polyp extension (especially the Millepora) was awesome. I sat on the fence for so long and wouldn't try Zeo because of the added cost of keeping a tank. I finally took the plunge and couldn't be happier, the stuff is very concentrated so it goes a long way.

KevinK
03-25-2010, 02:57 PM
I'm three weeks into it right now but Instead of using the Zeo reactor and media, I am using the NP biopellets in a Vertex reactor to get low nutrients. For Supplements I am using Amino Acid Concentrate, Coral Vitalizer, Coral Snow, and Pohl's Extra. I am blown away with the results. First thing I noticed was my Monti Caps coloured up like crazy, my green monti developed a purple rim which I had never seen before, and the polyp extension (especially the Millepora) was awesome. I sat on the fence for so long and wouldn't try Zeo because of the added cost of keeping a tank. I finally took the plunge and couldn't be happier, the stuff is very concentrated so it goes a long way.

how many drops how often do you dose? on what size of water volume ?

KPG007
03-25-2010, 06:51 PM
All your questions can be answered here: http://www.zeovit.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10354

I've been using just the additives (no reactor) and still manage excellent color and growth. Good luck!

Kelly

viperfish
03-25-2010, 07:25 PM
how many drops how often do you dose? on what size of water volume ?

It's a 90 Gal tank, 35 Gal sump. I dose 4 ml each of coral snow and extra daily, I dose four drops each of the vitalizer and amino acid daily. I also dose B-Ionic.

JESSE!
03-26-2010, 02:36 AM

thats good to hear. I think I am deffinatly going to try it out. Ill post some before and after pics once I start using.