PDA

View Full Version : RBTA Problem?

burrows14
03-24-2010, 04:34 AM
So my RBTA has an issues where it looks like a bubble comming out of his mouth/anus. Other then that issue it seems to be fine, its inflated lots of color and responds to feedings. I had problems with it losing a couple of tentacles a few months ago but it turned out to be fine. Can someone shed some light on this for me?

Cheers
Ray

Kevotron
03-24-2010, 05:15 AM
Maybe is getting ready to split ?

burrows14
03-24-2010, 05:23 AM
It could be... The shape of it has gone from round to almost a peanut shape over the last couple of months. If it is splitting is there anything I should be cautious of?

landshark
03-24-2010, 06:37 PM
If it splits be prepared for the the inevitable movement around the tank. I have one that splits around evry 4-6 months. The original always stays in one spot but the other moves around looking for it's own location. It may not be splitting at all. My anemone gets bubbles on it's mouth like that when it prepares to feed. If you notice the insides completely coming out like it's puking out it's stomach then get rid of it. It is dieing and will pollute your tank. It sounds healthy, just things to look out for.

burrows14
03-25-2010, 12:32 AM
Yeah the bubble is clear and i can see any of its insides. I feed it once a week but maybe because it is growing maybe it needs to be feed more often. Ive had it just over a year now and have never had it split before. Do they only split when they hit a certain age?

Cheers
Ray