PDA

View Full Version : New Addition

sumpfinfishe
10-16-2003, 09:35 AM
A new addition to my reef this month.
I know some of you probably think that it's another "Nemo bug", well it's not!
Truth is-I have been keeping clowns since day one, there my favorite fish. So when I saw this little guy last week I simply couldn't resist.
Both male and female skunk's have taken him in with no problems, the male skunk even shares his sleeping quarters(trumpet coral) with the new perc :biggrin:

http://www3.telus.net/sumpfinfishe/images/perc.jpg

cheers, Rich

Beverly
10-16-2003, 01:05 PM
Rich,

I love clowns, too. Have a pair of skunks and a pair of ocellaris in my 42 gal. They hang out together almost all the time.

dekay
10-16-2003, 06:25 PM
skunk clowns are compatible with ocellaris? is this common or luck of the draw? i always thought different clowns don't mix well. size of your tanks? do they fight for property?

actually, i went to a LFS recently to buy a blue tang. the sales guy kept on referring to the ocellaris and blue tangs as Nemo and Doree. I found that super annoying.

"Do you want that Nemo?" He must've asked me that five times.

I was laughing about it with my gf the moment we stepped out.

Beverly
10-16-2003, 06:49 PM
skunk clowns are compatible with ocellaris?

I don't know how universal the compatibility is, but our four get along great with no fighting or territorial behaviour at all. They actually all hang out together, though they do not share the same adopted corals as their hosts.

Tank size is only a 42 gal hex with about 50 lbs lr, 3" sandbed, lps and sps corals under one 175w MH. Other fish in the tank are a yellow clown goby, who does share the ocellaris' host (a pectinia, of all things), and some kind of orange spotted goby.

Quinn
10-16-2003, 07:30 PM
Bev do you have a photo of that orange spotted goby? I don't think I've ever seen him.

Beverly
10-16-2003, 09:32 PM
Quinn,

No I don't. He's a burrower that hides much of the time. Now that I renovated that tank the other day, I don't know where his hole is. Have seen him, though :smile:

sumpfinfishe
10-24-2003, 06:20 AM
Beverly,

That's :cool: , if I had more room there would be a foursome here too :biggrin: Maybe my next tank will be a selection of a few clowns, and I could call it "Rich's Circus" instead of "Sumpfinfishe's Reeftank" :mrgreen:

Dekay,

I'm with Beverly on the first ? too! I have read that territory issues are common when combinning different fish of the same species in Joyce.W book, Clownfishes. I was kinda leary, but everyone else is happy and behaving normal-which would be:two other pink skunks, two yellow watchmen gobbies, a six-line wrasse, and a small green chromis. Like I said above-what has really :eek: me is that the male skunk is sharing his sleeping space with the new perc to boot!

cheers, Rich