PDA

View Full Version : Fishoholic's 20g cubealicious tank (sps explosion)

fishoholic
03-23-2010, 04:08 AM
I've never done a tank journal before so I thought it was about time. I had plans to do ones with my other tanks but I got them set up so fast that by the time I thought about it, it seemed kinda late and pointless.

Anyway I'm not like some people (cough Tony cough cough :razz:) who have a tank and sit around thinking and planing it all out etc. (which can be a good thing) but no, I'm the kind of person who once I have a tank I set it up asap.

In the beginning... (ya, I'm lame but you all should be used to me by now :wink:) on March 14th I went to my uncle's house and saw he had some old small fish tanks sitting around by his pool table. One of them was a cool looking little cube tank (20Lx16wx14h) since I have a thing for cube tanks I asked him about it. He said he'd love to get the tanks out of his house and would give them to me to give them away. So I got thinking (a dangerous thing, I know) about what I could do with a cool little cube tank and on Wednesday (March 17) I came by his house and picked up his old tanks. BTW if anyone is curious the other 2 tanks are a standard 10g and a 15g(ish) long tank.

On Thursday I phoned my friend and asked him about the frog fish he had and we worked out a deal for it and I said I'd come by friday to pick it up. So thursday after work I cleaned the 20g cube tank and filled it to test for leaks. There were no leaks so I emptied it and then picked up a stand from my boyfriend's Dad house. I got it all the way home, went to put the tank on it only to find out that I should of measured the stand 1st and not listened to him when he said it was wide enough, because guess what the cube didn't fit on it! Luckily we had a night stand that we weren't really using that the cube fit perfectly. So I filled the 20g cube and got the salinity and temp. in check. Plugged in the Koralia one only to hear a horrible noise coming from it. Messaged another friend about his koralia nano for sale and hooked up my old 900 maxi jet for flow.

You can see part of the stand (that was too small) off to the side in the background.
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/DSC_1970.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/DSC_1972.jpg

fishoholic
03-23-2010, 04:47 AM
So on Friday I go to my friends place pick up live rock, lights, and a better heater and my other friend met me there with his koralia nano :mrgreen: I'm thinking yay it's all coming together. We go out for dinner and when we came back we go to get the frog fish and it's dead! :eek: :surprise: He had it for about a year and neither one of us could hardly believe that it was really dead, but unfortunately it really was :cry: I'm hoping in the nearish future I can get another frogfish for my tank.

But for now I have a 20g cube tank with a bunch of yellow tail damsels in it, I gave the other types of damsels away. I also have a dumb blenny in it right now (since he likes to jump) and that's why there is a funny egg create/mesh screen/gutter guard lid on the tank. I also have my one rock from my reef tank in the 20g with my AI power head (for all you Edmontonians who will know what I'm talking about) red zoos on it. For some reason all my zoos melted in my reef tank and when these ones started to go, I thought I'd try putting them in the 20g. That way my reef rock could help further seed the new somewhat already cured rock, and maybe my zoos wouldn't melt.

The maxi jet was a bit noisy so I went to a LFS and I bought a new propeller
for the koralia one I have. Now it works great and is nice and quiet.

I have only had this tank set up for 4 days and I have changed out some rock twice now (got ones now that are all aptasia free) and have moved the rock work around 4 times. I like how the rock work is now but I will have to move it around again when I need to get the blenny out.

Here's how it looks now. When I get the blenny out I will take the makeshift lid off and put the legs for the lights back on.

makeshift lid
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/DSC_1989.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/DSC_1992.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/DSC_1993.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/DSC_1994.jpg

Oh and FYI don't clean the hard salt spot on the glass with your shirt sleeve. As you can see by the pen lid poking through, when you do that you risk putting a hole in your shirt :redface: (still can't believe I did that!)

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/DSC_1988.jpg

noirsphynx
03-23-2010, 02:00 PM
Awesome little tank Laurie! Following along on this one :biggrin: Sorry to hear about the frog fish..........I think Ken has a variety of them coming in.

christyf5
03-23-2010, 03:26 PM
Cute little tank :biggrin: I love those wee little powerheads, I was trying to figure out how to put one in my nano but it really doesn't need one, I just wanted one cuz they were so cute :razz:

One question, I see one of the lids you have on there has some sort of mesh screen on it. I'm thinking I might have to invest in some sort of lid, is that screen part of a reptile setup or did you build it? If so where did you get the screening? Its not the same stuff that you use for screen doors is it, it looks a bit larger. I was wracking my brain last night trying to figure out something that was less unsightly (and smaller holes) than eggcrate but larger than screen door screening.

Any ideas?

DCDN
03-23-2010, 04:00 PM
Really sorry to hear about the frogfish. I've really been looking at them. Hopefully you can still get one sometime in the future. Tank looks great so far.

Skimmerking
03-23-2010, 04:07 PM
I like it can't wait to see that one too . . oh ya

fishoholic
03-23-2010, 06:51 PM
Cute little tank :biggrin: I love those wee little powerheads, I was trying to figure out how to put one in my nano but it really doesn't need one, I just wanted one cuz they were so cute :razz:

One question, I see one of the lids you have on there has some sort of mesh screen on it. I'm thinking I might have to invest in some sort of lid, is that screen part of a reptile setup or did you build it? If so where did you get the screening? Its not the same stuff that you use for screen doors is it, it looks a bit larger. I was wracking my brain last night trying to figure out something that was less unsightly (and smaller holes) than eggcrate but larger than screen door screening.

Any ideas?

I agree the little power heads are pretty cute.

The screen (as far as I'm aware) is a lid for part of a reptile 10g set up, I can't remember were I got it from but I found it in my house with a 10g tank. I don't know if it was bought that way or if someone else made it. When I get home I can post better pic.'s of it, my boyfriend might know were it came form or how to make one like it, I'll ask him and let you know. What size is your nano tank? Maybe you could find a reptile lid to fit it.

christyf5
03-23-2010, 07:05 PM
No, it won't be for the nano. The nano was fishless until I found a little eviota goby swimming around in the overflow. I thought he died during an autotopoff accident but he's still hanging around in there munching on copepods (I never feed the tank, now I'm like should I? He's been fine all this time) Anyway, I haven't managed to fish him out yet and am thinking theres probably more copepods in the back forty anyways.

Whoops got a little off track there, talk about hijacking. Anyway, the screening is for the big tank, I'm just wondering if I should be preparing for the arrival of a jumper or if he'll just be living in the overflow constantly. I'm thinking since this is pretty much equivalent to the second coming (in my world anyways :wink:) I should get some screening. Maybe I'll have a look at home hardware after work.

fishoholic
03-23-2010, 07:31 PM
No, it won't be for the nano. The nano was fishless until I found a little eviota goby swimming around in the overflow. I thought he died during an autotopoff accident but he's still hanging around in there munching on copepods (I never feed the tank, now I'm like should I? He's been fine all this time) Anyway, I haven't managed to fish him out yet and am thinking theres probably more copepods in the back forty anyways.

Whoops got a little off track there, talk about hijacking. Anyway, the screening is for the big tank, I'm just wondering if I should be preparing for the arrival of a jumper or if he'll just be living in the overflow constantly. I'm thinking since this is pretty much equivalent to the second coming (in my world anyways :wink:) I should get some screening. Maybe I'll have a look at home hardware after work.

It's not really hijacking when you're answering my question. I would feel the need to put the eviota goby in the tank and start feeding it, however then he'd probably just go back into the overflow and prefer to eat pods so there might not be much of a point to doing it. I'm a lot of help aren't I :wink:

I would definately look into getting some kind of screen/cover if you're going to add a redspotted blenny. Unfortunately I found mine dead this morning :sad: I'm not sure if when he jumped out of the tank Sunday night it did more damage to him then we thought (he seemed ok after Steve put him back in and seemed ok all day yesterday) or if maybe the damsels in the tank killed him or if because it just was set up if that has something to do with it. I'm going to do a water change tonight and test the levels again. Everything was good last I checked but I'll check again to make sure.

christyf5
03-23-2010, 07:38 PM
Aww man!! That totally sucks :sad:

Yeah I didn't see much point in moving the goby and I didn't want to overly stress him out if the likelihood is that he'll end up back in the overflow. I do miss seeing him though, however feeding the tank is a bit of a nightmare (algae growth).

It's not really hijacking when you're answering my question. I would feel the need to put the eviota goby in the tank and start feeding it, however then he'd probably just go back into the overflow and prefer to eat pods so there might not be much of a point to doing it. I'm a lot of help aren't I :wink:

I would definately look into getting some kind of screen/cover if you're going to add a redspotted blenny. Unfortunately I found mine dead this morning :sad: I'm not sure if when he jumped out of the tank Sunday night it did more damage to him then we thought (he seemed ok after Steve put him back in and seemed ok all day yesterday) or if maybe the damsels in the tank killed him or if because it just was set up if that has something to do with it. I'm going to do a water change tonight and test the levels again. Everything was good last I checked but I'll check again to make sure.

fishoholic
03-23-2010, 09:21 PM
Aww man!! That totally sucks :sad:

Yeah I didn't see much point in moving the goby and I didn't want to overly stress him out if the likelihood is that he'll end up back in the overflow. I do miss seeing him though, however feeding the tank is a bit of a nightmare (algae growth).

Ya that's why I asked for that thread in the buy/sell section to be removed. Note to self make sure fish is still alive before posting it for sale :sad:

karazy
03-24-2010, 01:58 AM
too bad to hear. are you still going to do a frogfish?

fishoholic
03-24-2010, 04:27 AM
too bad to hear. are you still going to do a frogfish?

That's the plan, I'm just waiting to get one.

On the plus side I tested the water (I was a bit worried about were the water chemistry was at since the blenny died) however everything seems pretty much cycled (using cured live rock definitely helped) ammonia is at 0 nitrite is at 0 and nitrate is at 5. Not bad considering it was set up last friday night :biggrin:

Delphinus
03-24-2010, 07:35 AM
Looks neat. What colour of frogfish would you hope for? I love the red ones. I don't know if they hold the red though since diet and habitat plays a role in that.

The mesh can be gotten at Petland - I have the same for a 20g from when I was keeping some salamanders.

Oh and I like how you think that I have a plan. :lol:

fishoholic
03-24-2010, 04:55 PM
Looks neat. What colour of frogfish would you hope for? I love the red ones. I don't know if they hold the red though since diet and habitat plays a role in that.

The mesh can be gotten at Petland - I have the same for a 20g from when I was keeping some salamanders.

Oh and I like how you think that I have a plan. :lol:

Yes I'm hoping for a red one, but I'll have to wait and see what becomes available.

BTW I know you have plans....a little bit of jack hammering here and there.....poop pipe goes in here...see you have lots of building plans :lol: Just so you know people are still reading your thread :mrgreen:

Lance
03-24-2010, 05:04 PM
Yes I'm hoping for a red one, but I'll have to wait and see what becomes available.

BTW I know you have plans....a little bit of jack hammering here and there.....poop pipe goes in here...see you have lots of building plans :lol: Just so you know people are still reading your thread :mrgreen:

Laurie, I think Tony's secretly taking his time on this build 'cuz he knows how much moola it's going to take to stock this thing! :mrgreen:

fishoholic
03-24-2010, 07:51 PM
Laurie, I think Tony's secretly taking his time on this build 'cuz he knows how much moola it's going to take to stock this thing! :mrgreen:

:lol: you might be right :mrgreen:

Delphinus
03-24-2010, 07:54 PM
Ack! My secret is out !! Shhh! Don't tell anyone.

fishoholic
03-24-2010, 08:01 PM
:rofl2:

Ack! My secret is out !! Shhh! Don't tell anyone.

fishoholic
03-25-2010, 03:22 AM
Christy here are some close ups of the screen. It is a store bought reptile lid.

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/DSC_1996.jpg (http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/?action=view&current=DSC_1996.jpg)

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/DSC_1997.jpg (http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/?action=view&current=DSC_1997.jpg)

christyf5
03-25-2010, 03:30 AM
Hmm I wonder if they make them in 6'x2' :razz:

I think I might check out Buckerfields tomorrow see what they have. Thanks for the close ups :biggrin:

fishoholic
03-25-2010, 03:36 AM
So after our power bar on the reef tank got wet and Steve got a small shock from it (all the fish, corals etc. are fine) we added some GFCI's to all the fish tank outlets.

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/DSC_2009.jpg (http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/?action=view&current=DSC_2009.jpg)

Now that everything is hooked back up and the lights have their legs back on, and the egg create is gone, I thought I'd share pic.'s.

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/DSC_2004.jpg (http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/?action=view&current=DSC_2004.jpg)

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/DSC_2005.jpg (http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/?action=view&current=DSC_2005.jpg)

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/DSC_2006.jpg (http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/?action=view&current=DSC_2006.jpg)

fishoholic
03-25-2010, 03:41 AM
Hmm I wonder if they make them in 6'x2' :razz:

I think I might check out Buckerfields tomorrow see what they have. Thanks for the close ups :biggrin:

Maybe, some reptiles get really big right :mrgreen:

I have to say I'm impressed at how fast you noticed the close ups. I felt bad yesterday that I ran out of time to post pic.'s. Installing a couple of GFIC's takes longer then you'd think, and all I did was hold the flashlight :lol:

christyf5
03-25-2010, 03:02 PM
Maybe, some reptiles get really big right :mrgreen:

I have to say I'm impressed at how fast you noticed the close ups. I felt bad yesterday that I ran out of time to post pic.'s. Installing a couple of GFIC's takes longer then you'd think, and all I did was hold the flashlight :lol:

LOL it always takes longer than you think. My husband changed out a touchy GFCI the other night and it took forever. Mind you the hockey game was on and he could see the TV through the tank :razz:

Delphinus
03-25-2010, 04:11 PM
That's awesome, I'm just going to hold the flashlight and point it at my non-code-compliant sink and watch it fix itself! No wonder my build is taking so long, I've been doing it all wrong!

(Or do I need me one of these "husband" things first? ... That sounds like a pretty handy tool to have as well!)

(Oh I know I'm not funny. It doesn't stop me from trying though...)

fishoholic
03-25-2010, 06:49 PM
LOL it always takes longer than you think. My husband changed out a touchy GFCI the other night and it took forever. Mind you the hockey game was on and he could see the TV through the tank :razz:

I can see how that would indeed slow things down :lol:

That's awesome, I'm just going to hold the flashlight and point it at my non-code-compliant sink and watch it fix itself! No wonder my build is taking so long, I've been doing it all wrong!

(Or do I need me one of these "husband" things first? ... That sounds like a pretty handy tool to have as well!)

(Oh I know I'm not funny. It doesn't stop me from trying though...)

Well if you're not funny then why are my co-workers looking at me funny for laughing my head off at the computer. I also re-read your post to them (so they'd understand why I was laughing so hard) and they thought it was funny too :mrgreen:

Also just so you know one of those "husband/boyfriend" things do come in very handy, I highly recommend them. :razz:

fishoholic
03-27-2010, 03:13 AM
"POP" "POP" "POP" I hear something going "POP" "POP" "POP" in my 20g cube! I wonder what it could be......:twised: Maybe a mantis or more likely a candy cane pistol shrimp. My friend that I got the rock from said it could be a mantis but he did have a candy cane pistol shrimp go missing.

However what's really sad is that in my 230g tank with about 200 pounds of LR in it I can usually find my two-two and half inch bullseye pistol shrimp, my half an inch six line wrasse and tiny green clown goby, but in a 20g cube tank with 25 pounds of live rock in it I can't find the source of the "POP" "POP" "POP" :exclaim:

I also can't see were the small lose zoo frag I stuck on the rock last night disappeared to. I've seen it floating around several different times in the 230g, no problem (before I moved it to the 20g), but somehow in a 20g I can't see it anywhere WTF! :mmph:

Skimmerking
03-27-2010, 03:19 AM
its always that way Laurie /

fishoholic
03-27-2010, 03:24 AM
its always that way Laurie /

Why???? How is it possible for it to be easier to find small things in a 230g than a 20g! Still trying to wrap my head around it.

Also if I do have a pistol shrimp or mantis in there what happens if I get a frogfish before I can find it and get it out? Somehow I don't see how the two could mix well together.

Skimmerking
03-27-2010, 03:28 AM
size matter"s

fishoholic
03-27-2010, 03:43 AM
size matter"s

:lol: Here we go again :lol:

Chase31
03-27-2010, 04:31 AM
i would have to agree size does matter

fishoholic
03-27-2010, 02:07 PM

Of course you do, you're both guys :razz:

Skimmerking
03-27-2010, 03:01 PM

you are to young to under stand that. Can you even spell that.:mrgreen:

fishoholic
04-02-2010, 05:02 AM
So I'm pretty sure I have a pistol shrimp in my tank but I can't find it anywhere, however I definitely hear it. Unfortunately because I can't see it anywhere (to be able to relocate it) it will now have to learn to hide form Mr. Bumble Bee. My new frogfish, a Sargassum Angler :mrgreen:

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/DSC_2020.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/DSC_2017.jpg

top down pic.
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/DSC_2018.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/DSC_2014.jpg

So far he seems to like to hang out at the back of the tank. I was wondering if it was because there is more flow at the front, so I unplugged the koralia nano for now and I'll see if it makes a difference. I have also tired numerous attempts to get a video of him swimming, however every time I get the camera in place to take the video he totally freezes up and stops swimming. So far since I got him he's been pretty active and seems to be doing good. Hopefully it stays that way. One thing I noticed that's pretty funny is every time I get too close to the glass he starts wiggling his little lure.

Delphinus
04-02-2010, 05:06 AM
Awesome!!! So totally jealous.

fishoholic
04-02-2010, 05:24 AM
Awesome!!! So totally jealous.

I tried to get a video for you, but he wouldn't co-operate :sad: I'll try again tomorrow.

noirsphynx
04-02-2010, 05:30 AM
He's so cool Laurie!!

fishoholic
04-02-2010, 05:36 AM
He's so cool Laurie!!

Thanks, I'm hoping he'll do good in my tank. I'm a bit paranoid as I know they can be hard to keep, but for now I'm hoping for the best.

christyf5
04-02-2010, 04:10 PM
Wow, that is one awesome looking little dude! :cool:

Lance
04-02-2010, 05:08 PM
Cool-lookin' little guy!

fishoholic
04-02-2010, 10:48 PM
Wow, that is one awesome looking little dude! :cool:

Cool-lookin' little guy!

Thanks, I originally wanted an orange one, but I agree, this guy's pretty cool.

I also got an sps coral (not sure what type) the lfs thought it might be a Pocillopora but I think it's a Rose Stylophora Coral.

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/DSC_2031.jpg

I also thought I'd add a close up pic. of my red zoas (they look more like a hot pink colour, but I can never quite get the picture to capture the colour right)

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/DSC_2022.jpg

fishoholic
04-02-2010, 11:03 PM
Non fish people are funny. I e-mailed pic.'s of my new frogfish to my Dad and this is what he wrote back:
"UGLY BUT COOL-----YET SOME VERY UGLY!!!!!!!!!LOL-----DAD"

BlueWorldAquatic
04-03-2010, 12:15 AM
Laurie,

You are going to kill me.

We got an orange, yellow and black (w/gold spots) in today. :mrgreen:

Heh

Ken

fishoholic
04-03-2010, 04:44 AM
Laurie,

You are going to kill me.

We got an orange, yellow and black (w/gold spots) in today. :mrgreen:

Heh

Ken

Ya I know, I was there today, where do you think my new fuzzy sps came from :mrgreen:

However it was funny, Taylor was saying "Ummm like ya....we got an orange one in today..." The orange one is cool, but so is the one I got. I like how mine is hairy looking.

So far he hasn't eaten, all 7 damsels are accounted for (my Mom was over today and she wasn't impressed to hear that the ugly fish might eat the pretty blue and yellow ones) and I tried to feed him a silverside and I offered him a mussel, but he has no interest yet. Hopefully he'll eat and be ok. He's been hiding for the most part today, but his colour looks good.

The sps is doing really good so far, all it's polyps are out, and I think I got a bonus brown sps on the side of the rock it's on :mrgreen:
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/DSC_2033.jpg

bonus sps at the bottom of the rock plug
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/DSC_2035.jpg

fishoholic
05-02-2010, 05:17 PM
So I thought it about time I updated this thread. While I was away in Mexico my tank sitter way over fed the tank :sad: I came home to a layer of rotten food covering the bottom of the tank :twised: Amazingly everything is ok. I also added a rio nano skimmer which is helping.

While Mike aka asmodeus was visiting he bought me 5 new sps frags :cheer2: They were all doing really good until I decided to move everything out of the tank and give it a really thural cleaning on friday night, they are still doing ok but not as good as before I moved everything. Basically this week (on Wed. night) my frogfish started eating silversides YAY! Just to make sure it was going to happen again I fed him another one Thurs. night, which he ate. So I thought I'd take the remaining 4 damsels out of the tank. However after a 1/2 hour of trying I realized it was getting late and I'd probably have to take out all the rock to catch them, so I thought I'd wait until the weekend to do it. Unfortunately when I got home Friday night I noticed there was only 2 damsels left :surprise:

So I moved everything out of the tank; caught the damsels, cleaned a lot of gunk out of the bottom of the tank, waited for the water to clear, re-arranged the rock and corals and put the frogfish back in. This took the majority of the night to do, and while I saved my damsels from my frogfish, I'm not sure if they are still alive or if my grouper ate them :twised: I didn't want to put them in my reef tank because I didn't want them harassing my wrasses and gobies so that's why I put them in the fowlr tank. They are pretty small and just might be hiding right now, I guess time will tell, but I didn't see them in there yesterday. My only loss after cleaning everything was a cool anemone crab. I found him in the rock before I went to mexico, but forgot about him when I was taking rock out and moving everything, found him dead yesterday.

Pic.'s to come right away I just forgot to upload them 1st before writing all this

GRRRRRRR not sure why (maybe I'm maxed out for pic.'s?) but photobucket isn't giving me an option to download any pic.'s? Ok so it's going to be "one of those days" the reason it wasn't working was because I wasn't logged in! :redface:

Flash
05-02-2010, 05:22 PM
that thing is amazing!!!! looks awesome!

fishoholic
05-02-2010, 05:57 PM
All the gunk I cleaned out of the water
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/DSC_2037.jpg

Cloudy tank
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/DSC_2036.jpg

All clear, and a all new arrangement. I like where the corals are now, but I think I like how I had the rock before better. Unfortunately it never goes back the same way.

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/DSC_2038.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/DSC_2039.jpg

fishoholic
05-02-2010, 06:25 PM
Some close ups of the new corals

Pink birds nest
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/DSC_2043.jpg

A brown acro that was turning blue on the tips but now it's not as happy as it was
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/DSC_2044.jpg

? and ? green fuzzy stick with a bad sting to it
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/DSC_2046.jpg

Monti
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/DSC_2040.jpg

Zoa frag I found floating around all closed up in my 230g reef
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/DSC_2045.jpg

I'll try to get a pic. of Mr. bumble bee (frogfish) but so far he's been hiding really well.

Skimmerking
05-02-2010, 06:26 PM
the tank looks great Laurie, your very welcome for the gifts of the frags. Its the least that I could do for driving me all over the city.

fishoholic
05-02-2010, 06:31 PM
the tank looks great Laurie, your very welcome for the gifts of the frags. Its the least that I could do for driving me all over the city.

The frags are great, I'm so glad I didn't kill them when I cleaned and moved everything in the tank. Plus I had fun driving around and going to people's house's and LFS.

noirsphynx
05-02-2010, 06:57 PM
? and ? green fuzzy stick with a bad sting to it

Looking good Laurie.
First looks like a purple polyp monti(I have one too) and the second a Hydnophora.

fishoholic
05-02-2010, 07:01 PM
Looking good Laurie.
First looks like a purple polyp monti(I have one too) and the second a Hydnophora.

That sounds right for both (the 1st does have purple polyp's) thanks Dawn.

Flash
05-02-2010, 07:09 PM
that looks awesome!!! when i end up getting a 65gl (tee hee) I think you should come over and help me scape it Laurie!! lol!

fishoholic
05-02-2010, 07:47 PM
that looks awesome!!! when i end up getting a 65gl (tee hee) I think you should come over and help me scape it Laurie!! lol!

I'm glad you like it. I am willing to help out if you want, but I have to say it's much easier to aqua scape when you don't have corals attached to the rock. That's why I think I liked it better the 1st way I had it, so much easier to put rock exactly where you want it when there aren't corals getting in the way.

Lance
05-02-2010, 10:06 PM
Looking good Laurie.
FYI: Keep an eye on that Hydnophora. It has long sweepers and a nasty sting to it. I have to keep everytlhing 6" away from mine.

fishoholic
05-03-2010, 02:14 AM
Looking good Laurie.
FYI: Keep an eye on that Hydnophora. It has long sweepers and a nasty sting to it. I have to keep everytlhing 6" away from mine.

I was told it could sting, but 6" away :surprise: Not sure I have that much space! Oh well I'll just have to keep an eye on it. I haven't seen any sweepers on it yet, but I moved the purple monti a bit further away just in case.

Lance
05-03-2010, 03:00 AM
I was told it could sting, but 6" away :surprise: Not sure I have that much space! Oh well I'll just have to keep an eye on it. I haven't seen any sweepers on it yet, but I moved the purple monti a bit further away just in case.

I keep mine 6" away, but it is much larger than yours so you may be OK a little closer.

fishoholic
05-03-2010, 03:39 AM
I keep mine 6" away, but it is much larger than yours so you may be OK a little closer.

Ya mine is only a little over an inch big, so it will probably be awhile before it becomes an issue.

fishoholic
05-04-2010, 04:39 AM
My frog fish hiding as usual.

"Eek I've been spotted!"
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/DSC_2048.jpg

Delphinus
05-04-2010, 04:16 PM
Is good ya ya!

fishoholic
05-09-2010, 06:14 PM
Meet Bumblebee's new roomie Fireflight, who also eats silversides :mrgreen: (and yes I do have a transformers name theme going on)

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/DSC_2054.jpg

Show down..... unfortunately the silverside won. Note to self; veggie clip with silverside doesn't replace moving silverside with aqua tongs.

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/DSC_2034.jpg

Why you always look'n at me lady, don't you know I like to hide!

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/DSC_2055.jpg

noirsphynx
05-09-2010, 06:17 PM
Fireflight is awesome Laurie!!!

fishoholic
05-09-2010, 06:26 PM
Fireflight is awesome Laurie!!!

Thanks :mrgreen: So far the frog and the lion seem to be getting along pretty well. I got Fireflight last Thursday and I saw him eat a silverside at the store, and yesterday he ate a silverside for me :cheer2:

DCDN
05-09-2010, 06:31 PM
Looks amazing, I'm quite jealous

Flash
05-09-2010, 08:52 PM
that thing is AWESOME!!!! now I have to come see your tanks!!

fishoholic
05-09-2010, 09:04 PM
that thing is AWESOME!!!! now I have to come see your tanks!!

You're welcome to come by any time, however I believe you are going on the tank tours and my house is one of the stops, so you'll see it next week :biggrin:

fishoholic
05-09-2010, 09:20 PM
Fireflight my fu man chu lionfish

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/DSC_2050.jpg

fishoholic
05-13-2010, 04:48 AM
YAY :mrgreen: I just saw my anemone crab :mrgreen: He came in with the rock I bought, however last week when I did the big tank clean I saw what I thought was a dead crab :sad: But thankfully it was just a full body (perfectly in tack) molt.

Tried to get a pic. but it's kinda hard to see him. He hides under the rock at the back of the tank. I tried to zoom in as best as I could but he's still hard to see, he's hanging upside down under the rock in this pic.

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/DSC_2042.jpg

lastlight
05-13-2010, 05:11 AM
That fu man chu is bangin'!

Those crabs are super cool too. I passed on one at RC and got an Emerald instead since they're pretty good at eating algae but the Porcelains def looked better I think.

BlueWorldAquatic
05-13-2010, 03:59 PM
Thanks :mrgreen: So far the frog and the lion seem to be getting along pretty well. I got Fireflight last Thursday and I saw him eat a silverside at the store, and yesterday he ate a silverside for me :cheer2:

I got #3 eating silversides now too. :)

Ken

fishoholic
05-13-2010, 06:39 PM
That fu man chu is bangin'!

Those crabs are super cool too. I passed on one at RC and got an Emerald instead since they're pretty good at eating algae but the Porcelains def looked better I think.

Thanks. I bought the rock from a friend of mine and the crab was a nice surprise (I also have a pistol shrimp in there, never seen him but I hear him often) I only hope the the fu-man or frog don't eat him. I have a bit of hair algae so I'd like to get an emerald but I'm pretty sure he'd get eatten so I think I'll have to pass.

I got #3 eating silversides now too. :)

Ken

Fireflight (fu-man chu) ate another silverside yesterday, but Bubblebee (frog) seems to have stopped eating :sad: He ate some silversides for me a week and a half ago but since then he's stopped. I tried krill and mussel yesterday but he just looked at it and wouldn't eat. :twised: I'll try some squid tonight and see what happens.

gobytron
05-13-2010, 09:45 PM
your 230 rocks...
I like your style...lol, I havea hard time sitting around planning when I can be doing as well.

This journal was a good read.

Cheers.

fishoholic
05-14-2010, 04:10 PM
your 230 rocks...
I like your style...lol, I havea hard time sitting around planning when I can be doing as well.

This journal was a good read.

Cheers.

For me it's just easier to jump right in and do it. If I sit around thinking to much and planing things out I'd probably psych myself out and not do it.

fishoholic
05-19-2010, 01:31 AM
Here's some more pic's. I got some new frags but unfortunately in the process of attaching them to rock I ended up collapsing some of the rock work :eek: So I have a bit of a new look for the tank, which ironically looks a lot like how I had it the first time I did it. Also my frogfish has decided he likes to eat again and not just spit out food :whoo: So for the last few days both Bumblebee and Fireflight have been eating well :mrgreen:

Sooooo... my dinner is ready and for now I'll just post a full tank shot, and post the closer up pic.'s later.

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/DSC_2056.jpg

saltwaterseahorses
05-19-2010, 01:39 AM
Awesome little tank Laurie! Following along on this one :biggrin: Sorry to hear about the frog fish..........I think Ken has a variety of them coming in.

also j&l aquatics has them in theres: paint, wart, and I think theres some others, they usually get in the warts, but last time there was a purple and yellow one, 3 pink ones, and a brownish one!

Doug
05-19-2010, 02:17 AM
Cute little tank Laurie.

fishytime
05-19-2010, 03:07 AM
Very cool!......I would love to leave nose prints on your little box Laurie(looking for your froggie).........the tank I mean:wink:

fishoholic
05-19-2010, 04:01 AM
also j&l aquatics has them in theres: paint, wart, and I think theres some others, they usually get in the warts, but last time there was a purple and yellow one, 3 pink ones, and a brownish one!

Just so you know the frogfish I have in the tank now (the one in the pic.'s in this thread) I got from Ken. I named him Bumblebee and he is alive and well and finally consistently eating silversides.

The reason people at the beginning of this thread said sorry to hear about froggy is because I originally I set up this tank for my friends small grayish frogfish. However once the tank was ready for that frogfish to come live in it, I went to my friends to pick it up, only to find it dead :sad: Murphy's law he had it for about a year and it dies the day I go to pick it up.

So a couple of weeks later I went to Blue world and found Bumblebee (a sargassum frogfish) and the tank is now his home along with a fu man chu lionfish I named Fireflight.

Here's some new pic.'s of my fish and my crab. (frag pic's another day when I have more time before bed)

Bumblebee, who was hungry today and actually came to the tweezers for food before I could go to him, and ended up eating 2 piece's of silverside because he stole Fireflights food! Don't worry though because I got another piece for Fireflight, which he ate.
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/DSC_2049.jpg

Fireflight
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/DSC_2048-1.jpg

Mr. crab, who hangs upside down in the rock trying to filter feed.
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/DSC_2043-1-1.jpg

I also often hear popping sounds coming from the tank and my friend that I got the rock from said he was missing a candycane pistol shrimp, so I'm pretty sure he's in there but I have yet to see him. When I do I will post a pic.

Lance
05-19-2010, 04:02 AM
Looking good Laurie! I like it!

fishoholic
05-19-2010, 04:04 AM
Very cool!......I would love to leave nose prints on your little box Laurie(looking for your froggie).........the tank I mean:wink:

On my box eh? :lol: :razz:

Good thing it's a small tank and he's usually easy to find :mrgreen:

muck
05-19-2010, 04:48 AM
Eh ?? :eek:

Skimmerking
05-19-2010, 11:49 PM
Hey there Doug I already did have my nose there and my hand in there too..:mrgreen:

Zoaelite
05-19-2010, 11:55 PM
Eh ?? :eek:

+1 :eek:, Get a room you 3 :lol:.

fishoholic
05-20-2010, 12:54 AM
EEK my thread is getting more R rated then fishytime's! :surprise:

:focus:

Closer up pic.'s of new frags

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/DSC_2044-1.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/DSC_2047-2.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/DSC_2050-1.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/DSC_2052.jpg

fishoholic
05-20-2010, 12:57 AM
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/DSC_2053.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/DSC_2057.jpg

fishoholic
05-30-2010, 07:09 AM
Well some sad news, after my frogfish lost his tail 3 days ago (and seemed to be healing and doing ok) I noticed today he was breathing really hard. Did a 25% water change and added a bubbler to the tank this morning then went to LFS in the afternoon. When I got back I noticed the frog still breathing hard then noticed his hand was gone :surprise: My friends birthday party was starting right away and I wasn't sure what happend so I figured I'd leave him in the tank for now (didn't want to stress him more by moving him) and that I'd figure out what to do in the morning. Unfortunately when I got home from the party (a little while ago) I found him dead :cry:

Here's a link to the thread were I was talking about it http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=64837

Here is a pic. I took of the lion and the frog together Friday night May 28, when it seemed like everything was going to be ok. R.I.P. Bumblebee :cry:

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/DSC_2079.jpg

fishytime
05-30-2010, 02:21 PM
aw thats too bad Laurie......sorry:sad:

Lance
05-30-2010, 03:03 PM
Sorry to hear this Laurie. :biggrin: I was really hoping the little guy would be ok.

Lance
05-30-2010, 03:04 PM
Sorry to hear this Laurie. :biggrin: I was really hoping the little guy would be ok.

Oops! Meant to be the sad face :cry: not the smiley face. Sorry.

fishoholic
05-30-2010, 04:45 PM
Thanks guys, I really thought he'd pull through and then he went downhill so fast on Sat. I did what I could but it didn't help :sad: and Lance no worries, it's easy enough to click on the wrong face.

fishoholic
06-08-2010, 04:43 AM
Me + AI + garage sale = new lights and more frags :mrgreen:

I took a whole bunch of cool underwater pic.'s (thank-you Dez for telling me what settings to use) however the battery died right after :twised: So a few pic.'s from the other camera will have to do for now.

New lights: I bought two AquaticLife dual-lamp T5 HO fixtures. Great thing about them is they attach together to become a 4 bulb fixture.
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/DSC_0021.jpg

FTS
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/DSC_0023.jpg

Duncan coral
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/DSC_0017.jpg

silentcivilian
06-16-2010, 03:48 AM
Im glad Im not the only one with a single head of Duncan in their tank :) Mine just popped out its first branch... its still maybe half the diameter of a dime.. but the main stalk is pushing close to the size of a quarter now. :)

Nice looking cube by the way :)

fishoholic
06-16-2010, 03:56 AM
Im glad Im not the only one with a single head of Duncan in their tank :) Mine just popped out its first branch... its still maybe half the diameter of a dime.. but the main stalk is pushing close to the size of a quarter now. :)

Nice looking cube by the way :)

Thanks. I bought the frag at AI's garage sale 2 weeks ago, it was $10 a head so I figured I'd spend the $10 and watch it grow more :biggrin:

silentcivilian
06-16-2010, 03:57 AM
My favourite thing to watch happen, tiny frag turn into larger colony :) Its a good feeling

fishytime
06-18-2010, 10:06 PM
lookin like you've just about got that little box of yours stuffed, there Laurie:wink:.....should look impressive when the schticks get bigger for you:biggrin:

fishoholic
06-19-2010, 01:24 AM
lookin like you've just about got that little box of yours stuffed, there Laurie:wink:.....should look impressive when the schticks get bigger for you:biggrin:

Thanks I've added 3 more frags and an elegance coral since that pic. I took some underwater close ups of the sps frags but I haven't gotten around to posting them yet. The elegance coral is cool but it was supposed to be in my reef tank, however my CBB thought it tasted good, so for now it's in this tank.

Edit: a friend of mine took the elegance coral.

fishoholic
07-11-2010, 03:12 AM
When I was in Calgary last week I bought some new sps from Red Coral to bring back with me. I also dropped off a shipment of sps for Wes (Bluetang<3) that he ordered from RC and much to my pleasant surprise he gave me a bunch of sps for delivering them.

So Doug (fishytime)........here's the pic.'s I promised.....of my "wee box" that you helped stuff even more :razz:

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/P7100439.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/P7100441.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/P7100446.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/P7100447.jpg

fishoholic
07-11-2010, 03:16 AM
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/P7100448.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/P7100450.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/P7100451.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/P7100452.jpg

fishoholic
07-11-2010, 03:23 AM
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/P7100455.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/P7100458.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/P7100459.jpg

I took a few more pic.'s but my camera is acting up and wont connect to the computer right now so I'll have to wait until later to share them. Also thank-you Doug for showing me how to set my camera so that the pic.'s turn out good.

I also am in the process of setting up a 10g bowfront tank right beside my cube tank. This tank will be for my mantis, I figure it will be nice for Mr. mantis to have his own tank and not be stuck in the sump anymore, because a lot of flow goes into it and he hides all the time.

lastlight
07-11-2010, 03:25 AM
Nice stuff! Boy that's gonna be pure mayhem if all those pieces grow up!

Got feather dusters? :mrgreen:

fishoholic
07-11-2010, 03:31 AM
Nice stuff! Boy that's gonna be pure mayhem if all those pieces grow up!

Got feather dusters? :mrgreen:

Ya needless to say I'm running out of room. When the sps get bigger I'm going to have to upgrade!

What I have feather dusters.....I didn't notice :twised: I think I need to add a fish that likes to eat them, but I don't know of any fish that are suitable for a 20g that will eat feather dusters :sad: I am getting a 6-line wrasse, but I'm not sure if it will eat them or not...here's hoping :biggrin:

Lance
07-11-2010, 03:44 AM
What I have feather dusters.....I didn't notice :twised: I think I need to add a fish that likes to eat them, but I don't know of any fish that are suitable for a 20g that will eat feather dusters :sad: I am getting a 6-line wrasse, but I'm not sure if it will eat them or not...here's hoping :biggrin:

Laurie, the cube is lookin' fine. You could move the Copperband to the cube for awhile if he's not too big. He'll gobble up them Dusters.

fishoholic
07-11-2010, 03:53 AM
Laurie, the cube is lookin' fine. You could move the Copperband to the cube for awhile if he's not too big. He'll gobble up them Dusters.

My CBB is too big for the cube, and most likely he'd eat the sps and not just the feather dusters :twised: Plus I've had him for 3yrs and don't really want to move him around and upset him.

fishytime
07-11-2010, 04:18 AM
. Also thank-you Doug for showing me how to set my camera so that the pic.'s turn out good.

hey your welcome Girly.....its all about pushin the right buttons:biggrin:

So Doug (fishytime)........here's the pic.'s I promised.....of my "wee box" that you helped stuff even more :razz:

Wow Laurie!:surprise:.......do ya think you can squeeze any more into there?:wink:.....pics look great!.... your wee box really is cubealicious:wink:

4lti7ude
07-11-2010, 04:44 AM
Aww man, those feather dusters are soo cool.
Reminds me of the BBC Ocean Deep where theirs just separate colonies of life on those vents.
Amazing how much life is in your nano!

BlueTang<3
07-11-2010, 05:16 AM
looks good laurie hope all the frags work out for you :biggrin:

Greenmaster
07-11-2010, 08:42 AM
Wow look at all those feather dusters :D

fishoholic
07-11-2010, 04:14 PM
hey your welcome Girly.....its all about pushin the right buttons:biggrin:

Wow Laurie!:surprise:.......do ya think you can squeeze any more into there?:wink:.....pics look great!.... your wee box really is cubealicious:wink:

Well I'm glad you know how to push the right buttons :lol: My pic.'s with this camera have never looked so good.

Come on Doug, you know my motto "there's always room for more" :mrgreen:

fishoholic
07-11-2010, 04:39 PM
Aww man, those feather dusters are soo cool.
Reminds me of the BBC Ocean Deep where theirs just separate colonies of life on those vents.
Amazing how much life is in your nano!

Thanks, but to me the feather dusters are pretty annoying, especially when they grow all over the sps.

looks good laurie hope all the frags work out for you :biggrin:

Thanks again so much for all those frags, so far they're all doing great :mrgreen:

Wow look at all those feather dusters :D

Ya it's crazy how many there are of them, they're like weeds in my tank.

fishytime
07-12-2010, 02:04 AM
Well I'm glad you know how to push the right buttons :lol: My pic.'s with this camera have never looked so good.

Come on Doug, you know my motto "there's always room for more" :mrgreen:

its not really hard to get em good when the right buttons are pushed......more a matter of just being "steady".....

I know but Im just concerned that that box may burst:surprise:.......maybe you need to stretch it out to say 30x30x24:wink:

fishoholic
07-12-2010, 03:45 PM
its not really hard to get em good when the right buttons are pushed......more a matter of just being "steady".....

I know but Im just concerned that that box may burst:surprise:.......maybe you need to stretch it out to say 30x30x24:wink:

Steady as she goes eh? :lol:

An upgrade would be nice, having the money to do it with would be even nicer :neutral: *sigh*

Myka
07-12-2010, 05:52 PM
Hey sweet looking tank Laurie! Gonna look great in 6 months when everything colors up and you have a growth explosion! The first year of a tank's life drives me nuts...hurry up and mature already! :p

triggereef
07-12-2010, 06:59 PM
The tank looks awesome Laurie! cant wait to see it
when its completely full in a couple months:lol:
looks like its going fantastic and nice set up!

Lance
07-12-2010, 07:45 PM
The first year of a tank's life drives me nuts...hurry up and mature already! :p

Yup. It's no wonder some beginners pack it in after 3 or 4 months, (one algae infestation after another!) It is especially tough on those with large tanks; dealing with algae in smaller tanks is a little easier. I have seen a few new tanks that got through the break-in fairly easily, but they are the exception.

fishoholic
07-12-2010, 11:55 PM
Thanks everyone. I agree it's going to look cool when everything starts to grow out, however when it does start to grow it won't take long until before they start to touch one another :neutral:

BlueTang<3
07-13-2010, 01:58 AM
how are the corals doing

fishoholic
07-13-2010, 03:32 AM
how are the corals doing

They're all doing great, thanks again for the frags :mrgreen:

fishoholic
07-18-2010, 01:20 PM
The tank looks awesome Laurie! cant wait to see it
when its completely full in a couple months:lol:
looks like its going fantastic and nice set up!

Taylor you're welcome to stop by and see it in person when you have time :biggrin:

fishytime
07-18-2010, 03:12 PM
Taylor you're welcome to stop by and see it in person when you have time :biggrin:

thanks again Laurie for letting me put my sticks(frags) in your box for a while....

You should go and see it Taylor......its a very nice little box.....just saw it in person myself.....not sure if you will get the exclusive access that I got but:wink:.....

So I took a few pics of Lauries box(s) while I was there.....started off innocently enough .....just through the glass....... but then things got a little more serious and Laurie let me get wet and go wrist deep:surprise:......it was a bit of a tight squeeze......wee box......two relatively large hands and a camera:mrgreen:

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/IMGP4444.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/IMGP4451.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/IMGP4452.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/IMGP4448.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/IMGP4449.jpg

and a pretty good shot of Lauries kitty:mrgreen:
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/IMGP4453.jpg

Skimmerking
07-18-2010, 03:25 PM
the tank is looking stellar there Laurie I really like it.

Greenmaster
07-18-2010, 05:27 PM
It looks awesome... (either there is something going on there, or somebody wants there to be :wink:... or he's just a perv :lol:)

noirsphynx
07-18-2010, 06:46 PM
thanks again Laurie for letting me put my sticks(frags) in your box for a while....

You should go and see it Taylor......its a very nice little box.....just saw it in person myself.....not sure if you will get the exclusive access that I got but:wink:.....

So I took a few pics of Lauries box(s) while I was there.....started off innocently enough .....just through the glass....... but then things got a little more serious and Laurie let me get wet and go wrist deep:surprise:......it was a bit of a tight squeeze......wee box......two relatively large hands and a camera:mrgreen:

OMG :shocked: :pound:

fishoholic
07-18-2010, 09:26 PM
It looks awesome... (either there is something going on there, or somebody wants there to be :wink:... or he's just a perv :lol:)

A little bit of both :mrgreen:

Don't worry Doug no one else will get the kind of access you do :lol: :wink:

Myka
07-19-2010, 02:31 AM
LMAO @ Doug! :eek:

Hey Laurie is that a Strawberry Shortcake frag from Aquarium Illusions? I just visited the store for the first time on Saturday, and they have some really nice SPS and Zoa frags, although a tad pricey. That reverse Superman monti???? :eek: I want!!! I think I might stop by on my way back home next time and pick up one of those Strawberry Shortcake frags. :D

fishoholic
07-19-2010, 03:48 PM
LMAO @ Doug! :eek:

Hey Laurie is that a Strawberry Shortcake frag from Aquarium Illusions? I just visited the store for the first time on Saturday, and they have some really nice SPS and Zoa frags, although a tad pricey. That reverse Superman monti???? :eek: I want!!! I think I might stop by on my way back home next time and pick up one of those Strawberry Shortcake frags. :D

Unfortunately I do not have any strawberry shortcake frags.....as of yet anyway, I agree they are too pricey. I'm not good with sps id's so I'm not sure which sps you're talking about. I have two different types of superman monti's in my tank, however they both have lost the nice purple/blue colour to them but the polyps are out and they look healthy.

fishytime
07-21-2010, 12:49 AM
psssssst Laurie........I got sumpin for ya:twised:

more pics!:razz:.......this time, of the big box

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/IMGP4481.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/IMGP4480.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/IMGP4469.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/IMGP4471.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/IMGP4467.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/IMGP4441.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/IMGP4440.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/IMGP4464.jpg

Greenmaster
07-21-2010, 05:03 AM
Always like beautiful pics

fishytime
07-21-2010, 02:03 PM

Always like beautiful pics

All of the above^^^

good.....cuz heres some more:wink:

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/IMGP4438.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/IMGP4442.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/IMGP4457.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/IMGP4458.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/IMGP4461.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/IMGP4463.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/IMGP4468.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/IMGP4474.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/IMGP4483.jpg

Greenmaster
07-21-2010, 03:55 PM
My daughter is getting impatient now.. Every fish she sees, she is saying I want that one. At first she was picking fish and was being selective now she is just going "I want that one" to all fish... because she has given up on getting them when she is being picky and is hoping that she can just get any fish :D She want's all of you fish :lol:

Myka
07-25-2010, 01:30 AM
This one looks kinda like Strawberry Shortcake, but not really:

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/IMGP4451.jpg

kadan
07-30-2010, 01:26 AM
great pics

fishytime
07-30-2010, 11:33 PM
great pics

thanks!......the last few were taken by........me!:biggrin::wink: