PDA

View Full Version : Apex and Telus- Anyone using?

PoonTang
03-22-2010, 12:52 AM
Trying to configure the email alert on my Apex through my telus account. Has anyone been able to do it of do you have to go through someone else like GMX?

xtreme
03-22-2010, 01:43 AM
I have mine setup through my work e-mail and it works no problem. Maybe telus has the port blocked? I know ISP's block ports sometimes. Might be worth a try to download a port checker to see if 25 is open. This is just a guess but might be worth a try. If that doesn't work I would post in the Neptune forum on RC.

fencer
03-22-2010, 01:55 AM
works for me

blueyota
03-22-2010, 01:59 AM
I had to use Gmail ...
edit...I was able to get test emails but when it came to the real thing it would not send with telus

PoonTang
03-22-2010, 02:00 AM
works for me

Could you post a screen shot of your settings for me? or let me know how you have it all set up?

blueyota
03-22-2010, 02:39 AM
Not sure if this helps its not telus but Gmx mail and setup to send me text msg to my cell with telus

http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac135/Blueyota/Apex.jpg
Haha as you can see this is my first screen shot:lol:

pterfloth
03-22-2010, 02:56 AM
I had to set up port forwarding on my Telus router/modem and change the output port on my controller. I had to forward port 85 to port 85 on the modem/router and change the output port on the controller to port 85. This enabled email alerts and remote access. I also had to set up a static ip by using Dyndns.org.

PoonTang
03-22-2010, 03:13 AM
I managed to get mine working using my telus email account by unchecking the email authentication button. wierd. How did you take that screenshot? Is everyone having to go through dyndns.com? my siemens router has a ddns function but telus doesnt know how to turn it on.

blueyota
03-22-2010, 03:18 AM
does it send by manually turning on the alarm or by test email ...mine would send a test but not by setting it off manually till i set up gmx account then it took all of five mins to get it working proper with no other setup

PoonTang
03-22-2010, 03:24 AM
does it send by manually turning on the alarm or by test email ...mine would send a test but not by setting it off manually till i set up gmx account then it took all of five mins to get it working proper with no other setup
Yes, i had it sending every minute for a little bit while i was playing with it. Let me know how you took the screen shot and i can show you how mine is configured.

Doo
03-22-2010, 03:41 AM
to take a screen shot hit the "Print Scrn" button (on the top right side of your key board) while you have the page you want to capture on your screen (while you are looking at it). from there you can paste it into any photo editor program and save it like you would a picture. after that treat it like a picture to post on canreef...

PoonTang
03-22-2010, 03:49 AM
to take a screen shot hit the "Print Scrn" button (on the top right side of your key board) while you have the page you want to capture on your screen (while you are looking at it). from there you can paste it into any photo editor program and save it like you would a picture. after that treat it like a picture to post on canreef...

aha, you learn something new every day :biggrin:
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa28/m3bimmerboy/Clipboard01.jpg

Coleus
05-17-2010, 04:35 AM
anyone know how to get it text to Telus phone instead email?

Coleus
05-17-2010, 06:09 AM
nvm. saw how to do it from screenshot. Thanks