PDA

View Full Version : WTB: ProfiLux Plus II Controller or Stand Alone Doser

Myka
03-21-2010, 10:05 AM
Like the title says. =]

With the controller, I would also be looking for the dosing pump add-ons.

JOEL
03-21-2010, 02:57 PM
I just got mine from oa its a profilux with three pumps
thats the best price I could find.
Talk to Wendell

fishytime
03-21-2010, 04:04 PM
OMG!.....she's back!.....where the heck you been Girly?

we carry the profilux dosers:wink:

BlueWorldAquatic
03-21-2010, 04:14 PM
If you go Profilux, make sure you get the SA model unless you already have the controller.

Ken - BWA

Myka
03-21-2010, 06:20 PM
Ya, thanks Ken. :)

Hey Doug! Long time no see! My beloved bestfriend Myka died (my dog) on January 4th, and I couldn't handle sitting around on the puter while I was dealing with that loss. I just got out of habit of coming onto CanReef. Now I'm working in northern Alberta, and I have a company looking after my tank. The daily visits are costing me $400/month so I need to automate some of the dosing!!! :lol:

mseepman
03-22-2010, 02:30 AM
Myka, we missed you! Glad to hear you're working but so sorry about your dog. $400/mth...that's insane.

One thing to look at is the BRS or Drew's dosers at BRS. I've heard some really good things about them and price wise, they make a lot of sense as another option.

Take care.

Mark.

Myka
03-22-2010, 07:03 AM
Hey thanks Mark. :)

I have thought about the Drew's dosers and BRS dosers, but with something as important as dosing I want to buy one of the best dosers I can. I can just imagine the havoc a doser could wreck if it got stuck on or something - eep! I also like the fact that the Profilux and LiterMeter dosers are digitally controlled. This makes it easy to adjust dosing amounts, and easy for me to instruct a caretaker on how to change the dosage when needed as well as ease in them being able to tell me exactly how much change they have made. Much better than, "Well I turned it up a 1/4 turn...up is clockwise, right?" :eek:

Ya, $400/month is rather steep. If I get the dosing and top ups automated, then I can get by with 3 visits per week to feed the fish (most of my fish will only eat frozen so I can't automate that), and do Saturday water changes. That will bring it down to about $250/month. If I get my work schedule to way I want it to be (21 days on, 10 off) I will be able to be home for 2 Saturdays per month to do the water changes, and that would bring it down under $200/month. I think any less than 3x per week would be a bit scary if something was to go wrong in that time. In fact, 3 visits per week is little enough to scare the jebus out of me! In the end, I figure though that I'm earning way more than an extra $400/month by working up here, so even though $400 sounds like a lot it's still worth it. :D

shrimpchips
03-22-2010, 07:20 PM
Myka, I'd get a Profilux controller and a slave doser - get the Profilux with the LAN card so you can monitor things over the net and change dosing/whatever as required remotely.

FWIW, the Profilux pumps have been rock solid for me since April last year. Set and forget. You could probably even set up automatic water changes with enough Profilux pumps. You can certainly do the ATO with the controller and pumps too linking it to float or optical level sensors on the Profilux.

Skimmerking
03-22-2010, 08:48 PM
Mindy why don't you ask around I'm sure that there is somebody there could help you out.. see move here and me and Doug could strip your tank ..

I mean take care of your tank.

dreef
03-22-2010, 10:54 PM
You wouldn't like Myka's tank Mike..i'm quickly converting it to mostly sps :D I have a bunch of frags with your name on them...waiting for your return.

Skimmerking
03-22-2010, 11:05 PM
see that is a problem I getting out of the SPS and going softies and lps im amazed that you havent asked about any of them

Myka
03-23-2010, 05:42 AM
Haha, you guys are hilarious!! No one is stripping my tank! I have worked hard on that thing for like 4 years, and it is finally starting to become respectable.

Me not ask about SPS? Huh, what? I miss something?

dreef: I have frags for you too. :D

Myka, I'd get a Profilux controller and a slave doser - get the Profilux with the LAN card so you can monitor things over the net and change dosing/whatever as required remotely.

FWIW, the Profilux pumps have been rock solid for me since April last year. Set and forget. You could probably even set up automatic water changes with enough Profilux pumps. You can certainly do the ATO with the controller and pumps too linking it to float or optical level sensors on the Profilux.

Ah, thanks for the info! I sent AquaDigital a PM asking about the Profilux controllers/dosers/ATO/etc. I see he replied (gotta go read it). I am rather naive to the controllers on the market. I knew you could check on things online, but I wasn't aware that you could adjust dosing. That's pretty cool!!! Sounds EXPENSIVE! :lol:

Myka
03-24-2010, 02:34 AM
I edited my first post a bit. Ideally, I would like to get a ProfiLux Plus II controller, and add the dosing pumps on. :D