PDA

View Full Version : The Wife Caught Me Sale

pelle31
03-21-2010, 02:10 AM
Just as the title states.......the Wife caught me and now shes muttering things like
"knife" and *gulp* "sack". Those two words together kinda scare me a bit!! :)
Anyways my hiding spot was discovered so these are on the block. I'm allowed a smaller
cube(well this was before the stash was discovered) so I will look at trades as well.
Thanks and please PM me,more pics available. Please people help me save my "two friends" as I'm kind of attached to them!!!!

Giesemann 250 Watt HQI Pendant with Gies ballast. Comes with hanging kit and a 14K
Phoenix bulb with 2.5 months use. $250.00
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v61/pelle31/250.jpg

Hamilton Reef 48" 2X175 watt and 2 40 watt Flo. Nice big fan,unit runs cool. Very nice shape,all black housing. 300.00
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v61/pelle31/004-5.jpg

cuz
03-21-2010, 03:08 AM
free bump for your berries sake!!lol

Dyspnea
03-21-2010, 03:15 AM
Pm sent

phillybean
03-21-2010, 04:46 AM
How did you hide all that?!?

bvlester
03-21-2010, 05:20 AM
How did you hide all that?!?

that was my question... my wife knows about every thing I have in the house,
But she forgets about it latter so I just leave it in the open. There is no way I could hid items that large. what do you do take it out of hiding when the wife goes to sleep plug it in and let it run for a few n hours so the corals get enough light and then put it back.

Keep the stuff now and buy her some thing nice and shiny works for allot of women they like the shiny stuff that comes in the color of gold and diamonds.
I don't do stuff like that anymore though. I buy things out of a different account and if we need money for the house I transfer out of that account to help with the house. so she can not say much. My incomtax money goes in to this account.

Bill

pelle31
03-21-2010, 12:11 PM
that was my question... my wife knows about every thing I have in the house,
But she forgets about it latter so I just leave it in the open. There is no way I could hid items that large. what do you do take it out of hiding when the wife goes to sleep plug it in and let it run for a few n hours so the corals get enough light and then put it back.

Keep the stuff now and buy her some thing nice and shiny works for allot of women they like the shiny stuff that comes in the color of gold and diamonds.
I don't do stuff like that anymore though. I buy things out of a different account and if we need money for the house I transfer out of that account to help with the house. so she can not say much. My incomtax money goes in to this account.

Bill

Nice and shiny??? No I think not,I thought the 5th wheel was good enough. Wait til she
finds the Dodge Rims!!!

Your Wife may "not say much" as you say but she sure as hell is thinkin it. :)

ILIKECOUGARS
03-21-2010, 03:37 PM
Coralife Aqualight Pro 48" 2X250 watt HQI(bulbs are 10K with less then 2 months) 4X65 watt PC lights(one light is burnt out,the other works fine so the ballast works). 16 Moonlights,one on one end is not working. Halides have 2 seperate ballasts. I've seen these priced anywhere from 1200 to 800,so I'll take offers,but I won't give it away.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v61/pelle31/cl.jpg

Are you sure this is a Coralife fixture? The 48" Aqualight Pro comes with 2x96watt PC lights and 4 or 3 moon lights.
The picture of the light you show looks like a ODYSSEA brand fixture which you can get at EBAY.
I have a 48" Aqualight Pro and it does't look like your picture.

bvlester
03-21-2010, 04:20 PM
Nice and shiny??? No I think not,I thought the 5th wheel was good enough. Wait til she
finds the Dodge Rims!!!

Your Wife may "not say much" as you say but she sure as hell is thinkin it. :)

You see my wife draged the first tank into the house and I quote" you are stting this thing up now or at least soon. she wanted a dog and it took her a year to get one as I am alergic to most even this one bugs me. I put up with it s it has been abused and it is not going back to the people it came from.

Dodge rims how much do you want for them and what year are they for..

If she compains too much about the tank then she gets the talk I would not have one setup if you would have left things alone. and that is it for the argument.

My wife spends way more on stuff that we do not need than I ever have.

Bill

pelle31
03-21-2010, 04:20 PM
Hmmmm you could be right,to be honest I never really looked at it all that closely.

no_bs
03-21-2010, 04:22 PM
48" fixtures are 65w. 96w is for the 6' fixtures.

pelle31
03-21-2010, 04:22 PM
You see my wife draged the first tank into the house and I quote" you are stting this thing up now or at least soon. she wanted a dog and it took her a year to get one as I am alergic to most even this one bugs me. I put up with it s it has been abused and it is not going back to the people it came from.

Dodge rims how much do you want for them and what year are they for..

If she compains too much about the tank then she gets the talk I would not have one setup if you would have left things alone. and that is it for the argument.

My wife spends way more on stuff that we do not need than I ever have.

Bill

Bill thats awesome!! Wish my Old Lady would bring a tank home!!

pelle31
03-21-2010, 04:28 PM

Yea that was my fault. they are 65W.........I had 96 on the brain for some reason or other.

ILIKECOUGARS
03-21-2010, 05:13 PM

http://www.bigalsonline.ca/BigAlsCA/ctl3664/cp17947/si1315928/cl0/coralifeaqualightpro48250watthqi

bvlester
03-21-2010, 05:18 PM
Bill thats awesome!! Wish my Old Lady would bring a tank home!!

Well we bought the tank when we moved here and I let it is on the back deck for 2 years as I was not prepared to put up with the wife nagging about how much it was costing and how much time a reef takes up. So when she dragged it in I warned her that the initial setup takes time but once it is up and running and settled in everyone can enjoy it. She started getting on m y case about it for a bit but I have covered my bases and just tell her I warned you about this hobby. she still for some reason searches the net for deal on tanks and salt stuff and I have turned down some pretty assume deals. I buy what I want and do not hide it. I worked for the money there for I get what I want and we do not go without anything, we probably have too much in this house. House payments and food cloths for the kids come first.
Other than that we have 2 dogs small ones well I mean 1 dog and a dog that kind of looks like a chicken, the latest addition. I am allergic to it but it is now going back as it has definitely been abused when this dog stands up all for legs look like chickens legs the hair is a bit thin and it will go out side and go find a corner and just sit there and shake. The little thing is nice but it will be some time before it will act normal.

Now all is good my wife stays at home a bit more with her dog and is enjoying it...

Bill