PDA

View Full Version : Bergia Nudies

Zoaelite
03-21-2010, 12:57 AM
Anyone in Calgary seen any of these lately? Would prefer local over shipping but I'm fed up with these stupid pests so I'm down for anything.

Anyone know if they will touch Mojenos?
Levi

Dolf
03-21-2010, 07:52 AM
Nope, I've looked everywhere. I am near the point of shipping some up from the U.S as I have an outbreak. I tried to kill them with chemical kindness- now instead of dozens or hundreds I likely have thousands of small (and growing) animals.

Anyhow, I hear rumours that we may be getting some in Calgary soon, so I am waiting (at least for a bit longer...) before I do something stupid like try shipping them.

cuz
03-21-2010, 05:59 PM
are these the aptasia eating nudi's?

no_bs
03-21-2010, 06:02 PM
Anyone know if they will touch Mojenos?
Levi

Not to sure on that. But to get them out, put a shell over them, and they should transfer onto it. Then take it out.

Nebthet
03-21-2010, 08:15 PM
Yes, berghia nudibrachs are aiptasia eating nudis. I have been looking for these at a decent price within Canada as well to someone who will ship to my door. I don't drive so I can't go pick them up at the airport.

I know SaltyUnderground.com in the US has applied for the permits to ship these guys into Canada like they used to be able to do in the past and they are waiting for the response because my tank has gone nuts with aiptasia and nothing has worked. Joe's Juice epic fail. Aiptasia X makes them disappear for about two weeks then the same animal reappears just as large if not bigger than before. Peppermints won't touch them.

I am on my last resort and I am not willing to pay $30/animal when they are being sold in the US for $12/animal and our dollar is almost on par.

I know JLAquatics had some on sale a month or so ago at a good price, for those out west who can get shipping within 24hr by UPS, but it would have been a pick up at an airport for me.
The one seller here in Ontario has them.. the sponsor AquaValley, but they want too much for them, $28 each...

So if any of you find a good seller at a decent price who will ship to the door any where in Canada... please post it so we all know.

cuz
03-21-2010, 08:50 PM
now i don't recall the name of them but the reason i ask is our lfs here breeds them for sale. they are something new to him as he's only had them for 1 week but i recall him saying all they ate was aptasia. don't know if its the same thing your looking for tho

monocus
03-21-2010, 09:57 PM
i just brought 20 down to j&l and have another 20 ready to go after they are gone-they are selling them for 14.95 each

Zoaelite
03-21-2010, 10:16 PM
i just brought 20 down to j&l and have another 20 ready to go after they are gone-they are selling them for 14.95 each

Thank you! Will you personally ship?

CanReefGuy
03-21-2010, 10:29 PM
Yes, berghia nudibrachs are aiptasia eating nudis. I have been looking for these at a decent price within Canada as well to someone who will ship to my door. I don't drive so I can't go pick them up at the airport.

I know SaltyUnderground.com in the US has applied for the permits to ship these guys into Canada like they used to be able to do in the past and they are waiting for the response because my tank has gone nuts with aiptasia and nothing has worked. Joe's Juice epic fail. Aiptasia X makes them disappear for about two weeks then the same animal reappears just as large if not bigger than before. Peppermints won't touch them.

I am on my last resort and I am not willing to pay $30/animal when they are being sold in the US for $12/animal and our dollar is almost on par.

I know JLAquatics had some on sale a month or so ago at a good price, for those out west who can get shipping within 24hr by UPS, but it would have been a pick up at an airport for me.
The one seller here in Ontario has them.. the sponsor AquaValley, but they want too much for them, $28 each...

So if any of you find a good seller at a decent price who will ship to the door any where in Canada... please post it so we all know.

Aqua Valley had them for $25. You might be able to bargain with him if your looking for more then 1. at $15 your likely to spend more the 10 on shipping
Good luck

Dolf
03-21-2010, 10:51 PM
I will look into weather the place that I am considering ships to your door or the nearest airport; but I assume it may be the airport. @ $60, shipping is prohibitively expensive unless you need quite a few. You may be best off to bring it in from a place like J and L then have a courier company deliver it to your door (just a thought...)

Dolf
03-21-2010, 10:57 PM
Thank you! Will you personally ship?
If he will I would love to split shipping with you (provided you don't need all 20...) My tank is nearly overrun. Looking at it closer today I decided that I can not wait for anybody else to get them in. A new piece of live rock that I added from my "dead pile" to mount corals on two weeks ago already has 5 aptasia on it and it only measures 2"X3"! It is getting to the point of an emergency...

Oh, and being as the question has not been answered yet... they will not eat Mojeno according to various sources. They will, however clean up other aptasia...

Nebthet
03-21-2010, 11:21 PM
I actually have sent an email to berghia.net in the US as their website states they ship to Canada and for $60 they it take care of getting it across the border and any customs. They are selling theirs for $15.99 each for young adults or $59.99 for a trio of sps bred berghia that withstand stronger currents better.
Their prices are in USD, but our dollar is nearly on par right now so not much of a difference and they deliver to the door.

AquaValley is still to expensive for what the want, because their shipping is $55 on top of their price. If they were closer to the price JLA offers then I would purchase them through them, especially since I need a minimum of 6 for my tank right now.

Zoaelite
03-22-2010, 05:18 PM
For all that are interested in Calgary, Mono has been nice enough to quote me two prices. One for myself for 4 of them, and one group order of 20.

Now if there is enough interest in Calgary I will spear head the efforts, he wants a total of $315.00 (Including shipping) for twenty of the little guys which comes to $15.75 WITH SHIPPING per. If I don't have enough interest for the twenty let me know still and I will work something out with him.

Again, I'm only doing this if your in Calgary and willing to come to me to pick them up the same day they are delivered.
Levi

blueyota
03-22-2010, 05:57 PM
Hey Levi im in for 4 or 5 of them

Seamazter
03-22-2010, 07:18 PM
pm sent/

Dolf
03-22-2010, 07:23 PM
Perfect... I am in for 6. PM sent...

AHHope
03-23-2010, 12:21 AM
pmd

garvin
03-28-2010, 11:21 PM
I sent a PM the other day. I'm interested in 6. Just want to make sure that they will be adults, they should be 10 - 14 mm, about 1/2 inch. Smaller ones tend to not take shipping and acclimating as well. Also wondering approx when they will arrive.

Thanks

Andrew

monocus
03-29-2010, 02:10 AM
i will not take them out of my breeding tank until they are about 5/8 long-as for shipping i will be sending them by express post so they will arrive by noon the next day

themastr
03-29-2010, 04:20 AM
I have tons of aiptasia for these guys. wanted to place an order but saw this post so i'm also interested.

let me know

thanks
erick

Duffer2
03-29-2010, 04:43 AM
pm'd for some as well.

monocus
03-29-2010, 05:18 AM
just waiting for zoaElete to get back to me if he still wants them.if he does i'll be shipping them to calgary

Zoaelite
03-29-2010, 05:19 AM
Wow lots of interest again! I will spear head the order after my midterms & projects are out of the way and will let everyone know then. Should be within the next few weeks if everything goes well.
Levi

garvin
04-18-2010, 05:08 PM
Any updates on when we might be placing an order?

Zoaelite
04-18-2010, 05:15 PM
If I decide to go through with it due to mortality rates Kevin @ Red Coral will be helping me facilitate the order. He plans on breeding them so keep checking with him or myself, the order will probably go through near the end of the month but I will keep everyone posted.

I apologize about the wait though, I haven't had a full day off in over a month now due to school and work but with the semester ending shortly I should be g2g.

fraggalrock
04-18-2010, 11:02 PM
Where can I buy these in Vancouver? I only need
a couple :)

Abyss
04-19-2010, 03:47 PM
Hay if you ‘z all are looking for an aptasia eating machine I have tried and had decent luck with a “Matted Filefish”….
I was not sure this would work when I first bought one but as soon as the little sucker hit my reef it didn’t even have its tail out’a the bag and it slurped up a small aptasia,(no lie) I knew I was in luck in my fight. The Matted Filefish took out the Zoa-size baby Aptasia and I hit the larger ones with “Stop aptasia” by “Chem Marine”. I had a 120g tank and 50+- aptasia, and within a month and a lot of work hitting the dandelions of the reef, I was down to only 5 or so.
Now this fish can grown fast and eats brine & mysis shrimp and other fish food also, and is a cool looking fish for the reef.
Colby at Elite” has them almost in every shipment and could get them in if requested.
Also I didn't notice it nipping at my corals at all but it had lots of aptasia to eat so it might be something to watch for in it's adult stage.

The "stop-aptasia" is great and is safe for the reef and other anemone's, just dont kill to many at one time as it will sour-up your tank if they are not removed in time.
oh ya!!! and Bristle worms Really don't like the Stop Aptasia either, so much so I would call it stop aptasia/Bristle worms.... =oD

See link for the 411
Matted Filefish
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+30+2562&pcatid=2562 (http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+30+2562&pcatid=2562)
Chem Marine
http://www.chem-marin.com/products.html (http://www.chem-marin.com/products.html)

GOOD LUCK... =o]

Gord
¯`·.., ><((((º>

Zoaelite
04-19-2010, 04:59 PM
Thanks for the heads up Gord, I wanted to stick away from the filefish as I heard there was a chance they would end up going after my zoas. So far the copperband seems to be working away @ them, its slow but I have seen him munch on them.
Levi

Abyss
04-19-2010, 06:17 PM
You could always put them Zoes in my reef if needed Levi............. just to be safe. =oD

I will test it out with the filefish and let you know what comes of the my wonderfully acquired zoa population Vs Filefish & aptasia (AKA glass tip's).
P.S. if anyone's gona be try'n the “Stop Aptasia”, before injecting the mouth full using the applicator, I suggest coating the tentacles first as to prevent the jettison of the tips.
And yes it is best to have the current off during and after for a minimum of 10mins for best results. The Aptasia should be dead in 2hours and can be eaten by your cleaning crue but better to suck it out with turkey baser.