PDA

View Full Version : wanted aptasia

monocus
03-20-2010, 10:58 PM
trade for burghia in vancouver area-just moved and lost most of my aptasia.prefered taken from sides of tank not on live rock

Zoaelite
03-21-2010, 12:15 AM
May I ask where you got the nudi? I need some pest control but I can't go with anything that might destroy my zoas, did the nudi work well for you?
Levi

penelty
03-21-2010, 05:23 AM
the same nudis worked wonders for me, they are a little slow at first and you will never see them. completely nocturnal and only eat aiptasia. depending on size of tank get 2-3+ to allow them to breed and sustain a population. they begin near the bottom of the tank and work their way up. takes a couple months before I realized my aiptasia were basically gone but they did it. Also when adding to tank turn off lights and all power heads/return pump cause they are light and will float around before settling. There are usually some at J&L for 14.95 I recommend them over peppermint shrimp and copperbands.
cheers
Ben

monocus
03-21-2010, 07:10 AM
i breed them-all the ones at j&l i've bred-i just brought in 20 the other day,but with my move i lost most of my aptasia

monocus
03-21-2010, 07:15 AM
usually 2-3 per gallon-depending how fast you want them gone and how bad your aptasia problem is.i put 8 in my 220 after a bad infestation-took 6 months to clear

Zoaelite
03-21-2010, 07:40 AM
Will they go after anything besides the aptasia? I have some mojeno's in there that need that need to be taken care of, I take it once they eradicate the pests there population drops to a sustainable level?
Levi

monocus
03-21-2010, 05:07 PM
i had some mojeno's in my tank and the berghia seemed to take care of them too-but they will eat all the small aptasia first ,then the large with the mojeno's-like eating ,veal,steak,then hamburger

blueyota
03-21-2010, 06:11 PM
I have a sump full of Aiptasia and a few mojanos in my display now all i need are some of these nudis ...to bad were so far apart ..

Dolf
03-21-2010, 08:41 PM
I wish you lived around these parts... I could provide you with enough food to keep a (gaggle? pack? herd?) of your nudi's happy and well fed for months. Have you had many responses from people a little closer yet?

monocus
03-21-2010, 09:51 PM
no response yet-but then i've brought down a couple hundred berghia to j&l in the last 6 months