PDA

View Full Version : Missing Purple Tang

Zoaelite
03-19-2010, 12:37 AM
I'm pretty baffled and really worried right now, one of my favorite fish my Purple tang has just gone missing. No Nitrate spike, no body, nothing :neutral:. I found my cat on top of the fish tank the other day, anyone have an opinion if she could be the culprit? I've checked everywhere including the overflow and there is nothing, this had to be the most docile tang I owned (Which I hear is rare for purples) so I hope she shows up.
Levi

Zoaelite
03-19-2010, 12:50 AM
I just made a really sad discovery, about 6 feet away from my tank under a plant I found the shriveled remains of the little girl. I feel so bad that I couldn't help her but I never thought purples were jumpers. No body damage so the cats didn't do it but none the less I'm mourning the loss :cry:.

RIP Purple tang.

jimbo222
03-19-2010, 01:12 AM
damn that sucks..sorry to hear
i had my longnose hawkfish jump he was my fav too..and i had eggcrate and he was pretty big! so sometimes i think if they want to get out they will find a way

Carmen
03-19-2010, 01:37 AM
Total bummer. I know how it feels! Sorry!:sad:

Delphinus
03-19-2010, 01:44 AM
Yeah, sorry man, I know that sting all too well too.

I thought you had a canopy? I can't remember for sure.

Zoaelite
03-19-2010, 01:49 AM
Thanks Carmen, every time I would come home she would be out waiting for me swimming back and forth, she even frequently ate Nori right out of my hand. I feel silly for being so bummed out over this but I really liked the little girl.

I'm contemplating buying another but it just won't be the same :sad:.

Zoaelite
03-19-2010, 01:55 AM
The old black 65g had a canopy but the new 170g is open topped Tony, really weird though I found her behind and under my fuge which means she would have had to make one soaring jump to miss it. Makes you wonder what goes on inside of there little heads.

blueyota
03-19-2010, 01:58 AM
Ah man that sucks sorry to hear ....my powder blue is the same way I would be heart broken to if she went missing :sad:

Leah
03-19-2010, 02:37 AM
Sorry to hear that Levi...it really does suck when they jump.

Marlin65
03-19-2010, 02:46 AM
Sorry to hear this I love my purple I feel for your loss.:sad:

imcosmokramer
03-19-2010, 03:14 AM
sorry to hear that
________
CORPSEROTIQUE live (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/CORPSEROTIQUE)

naesco
03-19-2010, 03:17 AM
Sorry to read that you have lost your cherished purple tang.

IME more so than any other fish, tangs have a loving connection with their keepers so I feel for you.

You have a large tank to accommodate tangs so I do not see it jumping. I suspect your cat visited at the wrong time and panicked the fish.

It is hard to replace a fish you have loved with another of the same species.
Consider a powder brown tang , A.japonica, the one with the orange on it.
You will fall in love with it and it with you.
Take care.

globaldesigns
03-19-2010, 03:48 AM
Sorry to hear it, I am also quite shocked that your tang jumped. But I guess any fish can be a jumper, just didn't think tangs were that silly.

Coleus
03-19-2010, 04:15 AM
sorry to hear that. It really sucks to see your fav fish on the floor