PDA

View Full Version : Clown Question

blueyota
03-18-2010, 03:39 PM
I have a Question...
I have 4 Ocelaris clowns ...I had three in the same tank for a yr all different sizes but then the mid sized clown started to beat the small guy ..so i took the two larger ones and sumped them in my 15G refuge section ..then bought a black clown to pair up with small fry and its been about two and a half months now and the two smaller ones have paired up ...so i am wondering if it would be ok to place the two larger pair back into the display again or will there be carnage and be better off selling the two
Thanks

BlueWorldAquatic
03-18-2010, 03:46 PM
if you have a big enough tank, which you do. It shouldn't be too much of an issue, especially if they decide to host on opposite ends of the tank.

Ken

blueyota
03-18-2010, 05:13 PM
Thanks Ken.. Im gonna put them in tonight after lights out and see how it goes in the am..

rodsboys
03-18-2010, 09:10 PM
I did that a while back.I had a pair of black occ and bought a nice pair of regular occ. My black pair tried to submit to the orange pair which were bigger.My small black occ ended up not being excepted by the other 3.It was a big mess.They are all seperated now and the little black occ is still faded 2 months later.
This was in a 6 foot 135 gallon by the way.