PDA

View Full Version : Prince George Mysis bulk order interest?

zum14
03-18-2010, 12:38 AM
Hello, Ive been talking to allclearpg and he can get a box of Mysis 40oz. packs for 399 shipping included. Probably not tax but ill ask if theres interest. The thing is theres 10 packs in a box and at most id only want 2 so curious if anyone is interested. Seems to work out to about $40 a pack($1 an oz.) compared to an 8oz. pack costing $16 ($2 an oz.) Will need at least 8 other packs gone to get this as i really dont want to be stuck with 6 packs of mysis that will get freezer burnt by the time i use them all up. Thanks.

whatcaneyedo
03-18-2010, 02:05 AM
PM sent

zum14
03-18-2010, 06:58 AM
Well so far 6 are spoken for.

Madreefer
03-18-2010, 03:22 PM
I think my PM to you scrrewed up some how. But i'm in for 2

zum14
03-18-2010, 06:39 PM
no i got it. visitor message i think. hopefully we find a few more.

zum14
03-21-2010, 12:36 AM
bump. still need a couple more people.

minerva
03-22-2010, 09:12 PM
What is the difference between this and the mysis cubes I'd buy at Total Pet? Do you know? Possibly interested.

-minerva.

zum14
03-22-2010, 09:36 PM
What is the difference between this and the mysis cubes I'd buy at Total Pet? Do you know? Possibly interested.

-minerva.

well when i bought an 8oz pack of the sanfransisco mysis it was 15.99 for 8oz. Im not sure about the cubes. So it works to about 2$ an oz where these will be 39.99 for a 40oz. pack so 1$ an oz. so half price basically. I just bust it up in a bag with a hammer to get the sizes i want. I should mention though that the source i planned on getting this from went on hiatus as of yesterday, not sure why or when he will be back but when he does if everyones still game we can order then.

Madreefer
03-22-2010, 11:33 PM

-minerva.

There's alot of water in the cubes and supposedly full of phosphates . The mysis that he/she is talking about is straight mysis. It's nice stuff and worth the price. I'm sure once this order is placed you'll be able to get rid of them, I can talk to some of the local reefers in town and they'll most likely take some.

minerva
03-23-2010, 12:38 AM
Ok, sounds good to me. I will email the contact and Russell and let him know I am in for 1 pack. I know the supplier is offline now but I am in no rush. :)

-minerva.

whatcaneyedo
03-23-2010, 01:31 AM
PE Mysis are a forum favorite. A lot of canreefer recommend them so I'm just following the herd. I'll show you what they look like when you come to pick up the butterfly tonight.

zum14
03-23-2010, 07:42 AM
There's alot of water in the cubes and supposedly full of phosphates . The mysis that he/she is talking about is straight mysis. It's nice stuff and worth the price. I'm sure once this order is placed you'll be able to get rid of them, I can talk to some of the local reefers in town and they'll most likely take some.

Hahaha well no offence taken but im all he over here. haha. Well id appreciate it if you find a few, weve got 7 packs taken by the sounds of it. itd be good to just make sure we have all packs sold as its not like its a 20$ purchase you know? 3 people back out and someones stuck with 120$ of mysis. Im not sure how the whole buying things going to go yet or not but ill ask when hes off his hiatus. Thanks for all the help.

Did you sell the butterfly out of the sump? That was a nice fish.

whatcaneyedo
03-23-2010, 02:22 PM
I'll also ask around this weekend and see if I can find a few more people. There are lots of reef keepers in town who arent on Canreef.

I dont have your email address but I just sent out a notice to say that his weekend is Doug's tank showing on The Reef Tank Tour. You can follow the link in my signature for more details. If you send me your email address I'll able to to send you regular notices when we host these events.

The butterfly in my sump is gone now. Rachael picked it up for her 75gal FOWLR.

minerva
03-27-2010, 12:46 AM
The vagabond butterfly has settled in nicely! :D

Some of my fish weren't too happy with the addition at first - the clowns were sure he was evicting them from their cave and decided to spend the night fluttering like miserable martyrs at the top of the tank. My puffer sulked behind a rock for two days straight because he was no longer the star of the show. ;)

But now everyone has their attitudes sorted out and they're getting along together fabulously. No aggression whatsoever. Thanks!

-minerva.