PDA

View Full Version : Small coral keeps hiking...

Frenchie2
03-15-2010, 07:02 AM
I have a single ric florida hooked onto 1/2 small disc and it is placed next to a sun coral and another set or rics growing on some clam (live) shell at the bottom of the tank, on the sand. I keep finding the single ric in different areas of the tank from time to time and the latest, it was brought up from the bottom of the tank (sand) to almost the top, on a piece of liverock... I am trying to figure out which fish could possibly do that (I have purple tang, regal tang, a maroon clown, midas blenny, bicolour blenny and other small fish). Also small (red & blue legs) crabs and I discovered a black one that looks like one you'd find on the beach (about 1" big - I only seen him 2X). Oh yes, also 2 brittle stars that I acquired about 3 weeks ago that hang out in the area where the ric is usually sitting. The ric doesn't appear to be damaged but it doesn't particularly like to be moved around. What do you think it could be? The maroon or the mysterious crab, the brittle star(s) or what????

I also have a large open brain coral that fell off the live rock the other day and landed on a colony of candy cane coral (with rather large heads). In a matter of 4 hours or so, I could not believe that the open brain "zapped" three large heads of the candy cane colony - all bleached out now (the 3 heads). I thought open brain coral was of peaceful nature and the candy cane was the aggressive coral... Blew me away!

I think my tank is haunted....

ottoman
03-15-2010, 07:13 AM
Do you have snail with large shell, such as turbo snail? Turbo snail always knock off my corals if they are not epoxy down. Cheers.

Frenchie2
03-15-2010, 08:24 AM
No turbo snails just 3 small ones...

fishytime
03-15-2010, 02:30 PM
My regal tang routinely picks up frags off the frag rack and tries to drop them where I cant get them.....its also possible that the rics were unhappy with light or flow and just "let go", to settle somewhere else....

belzebuth
03-15-2010, 06:11 PM
+1 On the regal if you have one, mine also move stuff around

blueyota
03-15-2010, 07:23 PM
My regal is constantly picking up frags and small rocks carries them to the top drops them and chases it to the bottom ...funny to watch when its not a frag :lol: