PDA

View Full Version : seacare order

spikehs
10-13-2003, 06:17 PM
Well, if JL doesn't have conches then I wouldn't mind starting up a order for seacare.. I'd be in for 2 fighting conches, and possibly a frag or 2, depending on if I have moved the tank yet or not.

Quinn
10-13-2003, 06:24 PM
I'd be in for two conches, I don't care what kind the second one is(strawberry, fighting, queen if he has any), although I would prefer at least one actual fighting conch. We should also see if he can get any other Strombus species.

I don't mind waiting a while if that's better for you Sean.

Stretch
10-13-2003, 06:58 PM
I would be in on a single conch as well

andestang
10-15-2003, 01:47 AM
I was on their site and they showed they are out of stock on conches (and several other things) but I would be interested in a strawberry conch. I have what I believe to be queens and will be putting one up for dibs shortly(seeing I have two). I suspect they might be queens because they do go up on the side glass. Any thoughts ?

Bob I
10-15-2003, 02:16 AM
I was on their site and they showed they are out of stock on conches (and several other things) but I would be interested in a strawberry conch. I have what I believe to be queens and will be putting one up for dibs shortly(seeing I have two). I suspect they might be queens because they do go up on the side glass. Any thoughts ?

Well they are not fighting conches, because Fighting Conches have a great big footlike thing they use to move. They can't physically get onto the glass or rock because of that thing. :eek:

andestang
10-15-2003, 03:51 AM
They have the foot, seen them use it to bail out of the way from hermit crabs, etc. They can be amazingly fast :eek: , flipping with the foot. But they also are able to go on the glass with it. Been told that queens tend to go on glass or anything they can climb. They also have that long snout for feeding. :rolleyes:

Quinn
10-15-2003, 04:00 AM
As far as I know, all conches have an operculum (the crab-like foot). Check out www.gastropods.com for a positive ID on your animal. Either way, I'd like to put dibs on it if I may.

Buccaneer
10-21-2003, 09:44 PM
If this order has not gone in yet I am in for 2 fighting conches

Cheers

spikehs
10-21-2003, 11:19 PM
the order hasn't gone yet, not sure when it will, there is NO rush for me, so whenever is good for everyone else.