PDA

View Full Version : Looking for live rock

danny zubot
03-12-2010, 10:21 PM
Anyone around the Kootenay's want to trade their live rock for frags? Or trade frags for other frags?

Danny

danny zubot
03-17-2010, 07:12 PM
No one has any extra live rock they need rid of?:sad:

FitoPharmer
03-18-2010, 02:29 AM
I do, if you ever come by Kamloops.

danny zubot
03-18-2010, 09:39 PM
What is it like? Would it suck too much for you to ship some?

Starry
03-18-2010, 10:06 PM
how much do you need Danny, and what sizes?

FitoPharmer
03-18-2010, 11:35 PM
shipping is no problem. I have lots of different stuff, half cycled, half probably uncycled mostly smaller pieces of Fiji/ Indo pacific looking stuff. If you want i can send you some pics. only 5$ per lb or 4$ for real small stuff. I also have some good seeded base rock too, 2$ per lb. and by small i mean there is not any 120G show pieces left :mrgreen:. Still lots of good size pieces for smaller tanks.

danny zubot
03-19-2010, 04:42 PM
It's been a while since I've bought LR so I'm a bit at a loss for gauging the weight just by looking at the rock. I wanted to add about 3-4 nice peices to my main tank, and possibly some smaller rubble into my fuge. The pieces for the main tank I would hope to have about the size of a size 10 shoe......thats the first thing that popped into my head for comparison.:lol:
What do you think would weigh? If I'm having them shipped I would want to keep it close to the 20 lbs mark to avoid paying too much.

If you are able to add pics it would really help, if it isn't too much trouble.

Danny

FitoPharmer
03-20-2010, 02:11 AM
I will weigh you up 18lbs or so of some nice looking pieces and take a picture to give you an idea on the quality, size, and amount. was 2lbs of rubble ok? more, less? As for guessing weight, all LR is different, you really have to just pick it up and feel it. In general, Older, more critter ravaged LR is usually way lighter due to the burrowing. But I have no idea if strong coraline coral growth could reverse that.

danny zubot
03-20-2010, 02:27 AM
Ok sounds good. Can't wait to see the pics.

danny zubot
03-29-2010, 05:45 PM
Just got the rock from Matt. Nice pieces! I found a couple of bristtle worms which I haven't hadin my tank for some time. I also saw a failry large crab in one hole. It has the same type of body as an emerald crab from what I can see, but it is cream color. Any ideas of what kind this could be? I couldn't see it's eyes so I don't know what color they are.

Anyway, thanks for the LR Matt. Both pieces are very nice.

FitoPharmer
03-30-2010, 12:43 AM
Sounds like everything got there with no freezing :mrgreen:. Yeah, there will be lots of possible life. I have mini brittle stars, mini worms, pods, bristle worms, snails, crabs, and lots of other critters in my tank I got from other tanks in town and on my LR. They might start to show up in time, if you don't have them already. I have more LR, and I'm trying to keep stocked up, so if you know anyone in your area that needs some I should have some available for 4-5$ per LB. If the crab you see in the rock has sharp looking pincers and not the algae pincers of a emerald, remove it. You could try and remove it with a crap trap, but every gorilla crab I had I removed with my hands, watching my tank at dawn/dusk.

Matt

danny zubot
03-30-2010, 01:52 AM
Good to know about the crab, thank. I'll let other people know who might be in the market for rock.

Danny